HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:43:43 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL 2016  (Read 24953 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2017, 03:28:45 AM »

Those lucky *but good, ass Patriots are once again beneficiaries of another horrible call on an important down, from the opposing offense. First Seattle and the horrible call to pass from the one yard line when you had Lynch in the backfield, resulting in an INT and then by Atlanta tonight, when in FG range, in the fourth quarter, instead of playing it smart and running the ball, and settling for kicking the FG to go up by 22 points, they decide to be stupid and throw, resulting in a sack and a penalty that takes them out of said range.

Un
Beleivable

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2017, 03:06:41 PM »

I don't feel so bad anymore about that Cowboy loss to the Packers.  As bad as that felt, I can't imagine what Falcons fans are feeling like today.

Unbelievable game.

But I will say - that catch by Edelman was absolutely amazing!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2017, 03:31:44 PM »

LOL!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2017, 11:39:03 AM »

See, Perry, I won't look at that poor decision making in that moment as the game changer.

I'm going to look at the fact, that besides the touchdown drive in the 3rd quarter for the Falcons, they only had 85 yards of offense in the 3rd and 4th quarters combined!! That to me was unbelievable, for a Superbowl team. Sheesh.

Not that I like it, but how can you deny the dynasty that is the 21st century New England Patriots? Just wow.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2017, 12:26:03 PM »

Smiley I am not denying anything. They are the greatest franchise ever. That said, if it wasn't for those two bad coaching calls ... those two absolutely horrible decisions that will haunt those coaches forever, the Patriots would have two less Super Bowls. There is no question about that.

True, you could always make the case that Lynch could have also fumbled and lost the ball and the Falcons could have missed the FG, but that is not the facts we have in front of us. The Pats won their last two Super Bowls by being a phenomenally well coached team, having great game plans, adjusting to the competitions game plans, having one of the greatest QB's ever and ... AND two pathetic coaching decisions by the opposing teams.

But hey they would have also had another one against the Giants if a guy didn't catch a ball with his helmet.  Grin

But just like the Steelers and their stupid decision to play zone against the Pats and try to run straight ahead (instead of avoiding the biggest, fastest two DT's in the game like the Falcons did), the choices you make as a coach can obliterate your team just as fast as playing poorly.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2017, 01:52:44 AM »

Smiley I am not denying anything.

Oops. sorry, meant to make my statement a question of rhetoric, as opposed as to how it came off as a directive at you. Wink

That said, if it wasn't for those two bad coaching calls ... those two absolutely horrible decisions that will haunt those coaches forever, the Patriots would have two less Super Bowls. There is no question about that.

LAWYER: Your honor, I object!
JUDGE: On what grounds?
LAWYER: Pure conjecture, sir. You can't objectively say the Pats would have two less Superbowls should 2 coaching calls had been different. At least, not without Ulyssess whispering in his ear.
JUDGE: Overruled, then.

Cheesy Cool Wink

But just like the Steelers and their stupid decision to play zone against the Pats and try to run straight ahead (instead of avoiding the biggest, fastest two DT's in the game like the Falcons did), the choices you make as a coach can obliterate your team just as fast as playing poorly.

Darn tootin'. No one does it better than the soulless one, Belichek, that's for sure!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2017, 10:34:33 AM »

Oops. sorry, meant to make my statement a question of rhetoric, as opposed as to how it came off as a directive at you.

Smiley No problem buddy. I no take it poorly regardless Cool

LAWYER: Your honor, I object!
JUDGE: On what grounds?
LAWYER: Pure conjecture, sir. You can't objectively say the Pats would have two less Superbowls should 2 coaching calls had been different. At least, not without Ulyssess whispering in his ear.
JUDGE: Overruled, then.

Cheesy
Well nice use of Ulysses aside  Cheesy,  I did lay out that the future is not always predictable, however, no, it would be more like -

"I swear I did not kill that opportunity person"
"But your fingerprints are all over the gun play you called and 114,000 million people watched you commit the crime"
"Well, but, if I ..."
"TO THE GAS CHAMBER!"

Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS