HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:39:42 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL 2016  (Read 24958 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 03:33:21 AM »

Wow. What a game. That's the way playoffs should be. The chaff is winnowed out (not allowed in, Houston!), and games are games the entire way through!

I know I'm ecstatic that the Packers kept coming back after a challenging 2nd half from Dallas. I know I love that Green Bay didn't go down to Big D only to lose again. Love it.

But I immediately did think of you Jeff and go "aw damn, his team and hopes are over again for another year." Sad

Sorry Jeff. I know it sucks. Sucks sooo much!!

But damn, they almost and could have and damn near should have taken the game!

But hell if the Packers finally didn't get a big man tight end to own the middle of the field. Haven't had that in 3 years.

I'm just not sure that if the Packers don't or can't run against Atlanta if they'll be able to find a way to win. Because they will need to SCORE. Because Julius Jones is going to receive 275 yards passing against GB's practice squad secondary.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 05:02:01 AM »

Dallas fans have one of the most bitter of pills to swallow, losing in such a fashion, I mean, Ugh, what a way to go out. My boy Dave text me after Dallas tied it up and wrote
"Too much time left"
and man he was right.
I haven't heard from him since. I wanted to say "sorry" but he is the kind of guy it is best you just leave alone for a couple days when they lose like this. And I understand that.
Just a crappy ass way to lose. WIth the ball looking like it was gonna miss wide left and yet it came back inside the uprights!!!

But at least it didn't go to OT and hey, I am glad we squeaked out a "W" by dominating KC so badly but not being able to score a TD  Angry Angry Angry as I thought I would be also having to take a big gulp of the medicine myself.

Doesn't matter, we are going down soon. If not by the Pats next week (please, please, please, please, please, please let us knock those bastards out) then by whomever wins the GB/ATL game. We are the 5th best team in the NFL and one of the ones above us, just got taken out by another one.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 05:04:49 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 08:06:46 PM »

As the sting slowly (and I do mean slooooooooowly) wears off I'm starting to think about the Chanpionships and the Super Bowl.  Luckily for me, the Packers have always been my second favorite team.  And my love of Terry Bradshaw along with my Fantasy team winners of Antonio Brown and Big Ben also has put the Steelers at to top of my favorite NFL teams list.

So could I get a dream Super Bowl of Green Bay vs Pittsburgh?  Now I'm starting to get giddy.

This all depends on Pittsburgh.  I have no doubt that GB will wipe out the Falcons.  Aaron Rodgers just steps it up in playoff land and Matt Ryan is no Aaron Rodgers.  Game of the week will be Pittsburgh vs New England.  That will be hard for Pittsburgh to deliver - BUT I think they can do it.  The Pat's aren't unbeatable.  And Bell looks good.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 02:42:20 AM »

For starters, Antonio Brown, way to just be a dumbass moron. Seriously, filming your clubs winning locker room without any teammates knowledge? That's your TEAM. That's for the TEAM only. Moron.

That said; it's so funny to hear other people talk about their teams. Because Perry, there's a part of me that would NOT want to have the Packers (if they do) rematch the Steelers in the Superbowl. Your pass rush is crazy scary. Bell can run where he wants, and no one on the field stops Antonio Brown. and Ben? You can never count Big Ben down or out in any play. I'd be more worried about meeting them than the Patriots, to be honest!! But yah, couldn't score a TD in KC? I know the Chiefs defense is good...but are they that good?

As for me, there's the part that says 'no way can the Packers keep winning with house money.' I mean, go into Atlanta, in their last ever game there, with the league's MVP, who has a team with a definitive pass and run game, and win? With our shit secondary? And with only a whiff of pass rushing now and then? Sure, the Packers D bends REAL far, but half our defense is the offense scoring 35 a game!!! Cheesy

I know Atlanta's Def isn't the greatest either, but they seem to be coming on when they need to. I think the Pack's pass protect will hold up, but I wonder if there will be any smoke to signal a bit of a running game from McCarthy.

So, I'll be honest, I just don't know!!! It's just fun to hear what you, Perry, have to say about your home team, and you, Jeff, to say what you think about having watched the Packers on the outside of the Wisconsin border.  Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 12:46:31 PM »

For starters, Antonio Brown, way to just be a dumbass moron. Seriously, filming your clubs winning locker room without any teammates knowledge? That's your TEAM. That's for the TEAM only. Moron.

Absolutely. And I loved Tomlin's response to the media about it. Especially the part about that is why great players end up on all those different teams. I just hope he doesn't start Brown this week-end. Now I am not saying I hope Brown doesn't play ... I am not stupid (that stupid  Cheesy), but I hope he doesn't start. Make Brown sit the first play and thus he won't be listed as "Starter" for the record books. A small gesture, but one I think makes sense when you put 'you' ahead of 'team'. He use to be so calm and ... normal, but now, just like Mike Wallace (who we let go)did for us, he has that big head weighing him down.

If you want and haven't seen/heard, check out the first 2 minutes of Tomlin in the clip below ...

That said; it's so funny to hear other people talk about their teams. Because Perry, there's a part of me that would NOT want to have the Packers (if they do) rematch the Steelers in the Superbowl.

I feel the same but I think I am getting ahead of myself. Haha. I still have to get past those vile, evil Pats  Wink Cheesy Grin

Your pass rush is crazy scary.

Yeah, but our pass D, where you guys shine with Rodgers passing, is pathetic.  Angry Getting better, but still not where it needs to be.

But yah, couldn't score a TD in KC? I know the Chiefs defense is good...but are they that good?

Yes. While they are in the lower third in total yards (they do let people go down the field), when it comes to scoring against them they are in the top 5 or so. They give up yards, they don't give up scores. And it didn't help with Ben changing the plays to pass plays (intercepted on one play and incomplete and almost intercepted on a third down) when we are inside the 5 yard line and we have been getting an average of 7 yards per run!!!
 Angry I was soooo damn pissed

I just ... man ... the freakin' Patriots.
And like Kirk to a certain genetically altered Noonien Singh ...
"BELICHICK !!!!!!!!!"

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 10:04:32 PM »

Grin

i dont talk too much football during the season as i try not to get ahead of myself and dont want to bring any bad karma my way.

That said...good luck to all and i love the Kahn reference and completely understand why non-pats fans feel that way.  its the way i felt for much of the 80s watching them suck on a consistent basis...so much home games were often not televised due to low attendance.

Yea and Brown was a complete ass...filming/broadcasting live locker room footage is not only against his team rules but against league rules...plus the whole time he is just glamming to his phone and paying no attention to the message from his coach and QB...shows no respect for anyone in that locker room but his big ego.  Tomlin definately put him in his place for in the PressConference but not sure if it will work. 

go pats Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 11:44:28 PM »

go pats Smiley

You're just mad your team didn't make it this far Tongue

Wink

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2017, 04:48:39 PM »

yup...always such a disappointment  Wink

its going to be a great game either way.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2017, 06:12:57 PM »

Yeah, I just gotta hope that when the Steelers go down, which they probably will, it will be in a blow out early so I can get my heart ready. I don't think I can live through what those Dallas fans just went through.
 Undecided Cry

I still have heart valve scars from when Bettis fumbled against the Colts and Ben had to make that shoe-string tackle to save the game (as the Colts missed a field goal soon after). How many years ago was that?
 Cheesy
I still wake up in shivers.
 Wink Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 07:18:55 PM »

Good luck, Steelers! Knock off them Pats!!

And dear god...can the Packers go to another Superbowl in my life?! We'll see!! GAAAUUGGGHHHH almost game time!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2017, 12:12:19 AM »

And dear god...can the Packers go to another Superbowl in my life?! We'll see!! GAAAUUGGGHHHH almost game time!!!

Wow.  Where was the team we saw last week?  Sorry Jimbo.  I was rooting for you.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2017, 01:07:48 AM »

Wow. I knew the defense was bad, but holy shit. Also, I have weird football myths I follow. If you miss your first field goal? Not good! Bad ju ju! Receivers drop more than 2 balls that strike both hands?  Defense misses out on 2 turnover chances?  The football gods have turned their eyes to your team. You have lost.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2017, 04:00:00 AM »

Sorry Perry.  Looks like the three of us are in the same boat.....watching Wringer cheer on the Pats!   Wink

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2017, 01:54:28 PM »

Game's over, I can say it now-

go FALCONS!!

Only been to the game once and lost (damn you John Elway and Broncos!!), so I'm all about a never-been becoming a first-timer.

And it's nice to see a Goliath taken down.

Seriously, how good is Belicheck's team? Cheating aside, I mean. Wink

Besides being the best team in division with 3 of the worst run organizations (yeah, I know the AFC South is the worst division in the NFL, but that's because of bad management and poor players. the AFC East pretenders are just masters at ineptitude)-how else can the Patriots just manage to be this damned good for nearly 16 years? That's amazing.

And that's where I say coaching is what can make simple guy into a winner. Or just be damned smart. Gronkowski was a second round, 42nd pick. There's probably about 8-10 guys ahead of him that were worth it, but man, that animal of a player. Who is Julian Edelman? Drafted in 7th round of 2009, and there's only a handful of guys in the first round to try and challenge him for what he does on the football field.

Coaches and a system can make legends out of nobody. And the Patriots always just seem to come up with a guy. The Packers were down to, well, basically nobody as RB this year, and what did the Pats do after Blount got hurt last year? They still had White, Dion Lewis, Vereen, and did what they needed to to win. I'm continually amazed at how they can shine any turd that gets on their shoes. Just...wow.

But wow..the Patriots.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2017, 08:38:17 PM »

So my boy Dave starts railing, like he always does  Grin, about how it was the coaching that caused his Cowboys to lose against the Packers. I called him after the Steeler game and said I never want to hear that shit from him again, because I, and all the Steelers fans, know what having bad coaching looks like when it costs you a game and it was the Steelers/Pats game.

From the moment the D took the field from the time Phil Simms brought it up to well into the second quarter I was screaming at my TV that we should NOT BE F'n PLAYING ZONE DEFENSE AGAINST THE DAMN PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!! (My wife was tired of hearing it but I was just sooo pissed). I mean every single snap??? Oh sure they tried Man coverage once (and got burned because they were not up there knocking the snot out of those smaller Patriot WR's) but other than that? I said "get into Man and bump off the line" so may times I could not believe it. The Pats beat us every-time in Zone Coverage. Every. Single. Time. We are 0-8 (now 0-9) against them when we do that zone crap. And heck not just us, all teams get beat by them when they do zone coverage. They excel against all zone coverage. Why/How did our Defensive guru not know this? I don't care if you have the personnel to go Man or not, you go man when the team you are playing beats you every single time you play zone!!!! DAMN IT.

And then our great O Coordinator thought it wise to use our RB's (until Bell got hurt) and try and run in the "A" and "B" gaps against the three biggest/strongest/fastest front 3 in the league? On almost every running play? No, you have to use pulls and stunts around like sweeps against them. Get their big ass tripping into each other. Don't face them North and South!!!!
SHIT!!!!!!

Look I knew we were not good enough to win this game, I was shocked we made it passed KC (we are not as good as our record) and we would have damn sure got our asses handed to us by the Falcons, but to not give my team a chance, by doing stupid shit like that? Ugh.

You think Atalanta is going to go 99% zone coverage against Brady? Hell no they are not.

Oh well, Brady is going to lose another Super Bowl. That is a reward all in its own I suppose.

Go Blue Falcons. Kick that ass.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS