HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 10:01:23 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Valerian and the ...  (Read 10366 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 11, 2016, 04:32:17 PM »

Cool

From Luc Besson (Fifth Element, Lucy)

Oh Yeah !!!!

Story HERE
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 08:03:50 PM »

Wow.  This looks really cool.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 05:50:59 PM »

So, after seeing the trailer that touts the line 'the graphic novel that inspired a generation' my wife, a language arts teacher for 7th graders, who frequently buys graphic novels for her classroom goes 'I've never heard of this. Lies!'

I'm rather in the same boat with that thinking.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 08:28:15 PM »

It is very well known around the rest of the world from what I have gathered. Like most French comics, Europe and the like enjoy a lot more of them than we do, but almost every single time I read one (thanks to Delcourt or Solei) I fall in love with the art if nothing else. The writing sometimes can get lost in translation, as is said, but man, the art that they do over there is killer. Think Mobious for super example.  Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Of course, not with this title as much, the art is almost Frank Robins (though not as horrible. Not near as horrible) but same body types. Just not his bad faces and awkward ass poses.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 08:30:09 PM »

Just not his bad faces and awkward ass poses.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Awkward-ass poses?  Or awkward ass-poses?

Grin Cheesy Cheesy

EDIT:  Or awkward-ass ass-poses?   Cheesy Cheesy

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 10:39:07 AM »

Cheesy
 Cheesy
 Cheesy

Take your pick as Robins is known for doing both.
 Grin Grin

"That ass shouldn't bend like that"
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 11:35:12 AM »

http://www.showbiz411.com/2017/07/23/225-million-valerian-crashes-with-just-under-17mil-weekend-biggest-loss-for-most-expensive-indie-film

Flopped this weekend.   Undecided

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 08:28:53 PM »

Man that sucks. Was so hoping for another Fifth Element. Same director I think and was looking forward to this just as much as that.

But hey, not that I think about it, didn't Fifth Element also bomb in the theaters? So maybe we do have another Fifth Element!!!!!
 Cheesy

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 05:06:26 PM »

From a couple of the reviews, it seems that much of the movie could be summarized as...
spectacular effects and scenery wrapped around a muddled story about two sexually frustrated human space cops looking for a small creature that craps valuable commodities including Xerox copies of what it eats.

Ummm.... yeeeeah.  I think I'm gonna pass on this one.  Tongue

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS