HR Boards
March 28, 2017, 10:22:07 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MOTOR GIRL  (Read 93 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 03, 2016, 07:10:47 AM »

Terry Moore's new comic Motor Girl is ... okay. I mean for a first issue you get the standard not much happening with some exposition to get us semi-caught up.

The art is a little ... well, scratchier (?) than usual, than what I am use to seeing from Moore, but it is still in his style overall. But yeah, different. Almost like a lack of inker. Or a rush job maybe. Not that it is bad, just slightly less polished I guess?

As this will also be a 30 or so issue series, it is hard to tell exactly what we will get, even knowing the premise things may change with Moore  Cheesy but I am here, as always, to let this master that gave us Strangers in Paradise, Echo and Rachel Rising take me wherever he wants me to go.

But as for this particular issue, if you are not a fan, I think it is just an average book. Maybe just over slightly better. However, as I am a fan and as I trust where this will go, I can give it a one point fan bonus extra point ... so I have.
 Cheesy

7 outta 10 - Oil leaks
 Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 10:41:12 AM »

I haven't started it yet but I'll give it 5 or 6 issues before deciding.  He takes awhile to get to going sometimes but usually the payoff is worth it.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS