HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:58:22 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Marvel Previews on ComiXology  (Read 4425 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 03, 2016, 03:16:22 AM »

I just looked through the preview books from Marvel for last month and this month.  Man, my future Marvel reading is in jeopardy.  I can't take the cartoonish art that so many books are going with.  Already decided to delete Patsy Walker Hellcat from my MU library without cracking a single issue.  I could just tell from this preview it's not for me.  Same with Power Man and Iron Fist. Yuck.

Picking Doctor Strange back up is going to be painful with that Bachlo art but I'll persevere since it's Aaron and it's getting good buzz around here.

But man, it's going to be hard to find things I like I'm afraid.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 10:01:33 AM »

Cheesy There is a ton of those books, man. Don't I know it. I couldn't get into Patsy at all and other books like Squirrel Girl and the like just drive me away from first look. But some of it works real well with the humorous tone of the books. Like Spider-Woman, whom I suspect is now off your "to read pile"  Cheesy, is a great fun book that works with the art and even Power Man and Iron Fist works, with the first arc, because it is more a comedic title.

But yes, Marvel has been on a mission of late of bringing in younger readers and women, so ... yeah, lots of books like that. But there are plenty of good books without that style so I am sure you will find something that will keep your weekly reader list happy.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 12:02:39 PM »

I'll put a vote in for Spider-woman with it's art style.

If you enjoyed Superior Foes of Spider-man, you should enjoy this comic artist presentations.

I'm just sad that I can't think of either person's name right now! Hell, in my mind, it could be the same person!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 01:56:51 PM »

Grin
Yeah, I forgot too. Javier something ... I think on Spider-Woman. I don't think it is the same person. But man, now that you said that ...

Cheesy

Off to go look now

EDIT - Okay, Steve Lieber was the artist on Superior Spidey and Javier Rodriquez was on Spider-Woman and did a couple of the last issues of Superior Spider-Man, so maybe that is where we got the name confused? Superior Foes/Superior Spidey??? Yeah, that's it. Ha.
They have a new artist on the Spider-Woman title now, but I no longer read it since the relaunch so can't say good or bad. I think it is a similar style to Rodriquez though.

But yes, that art is very cool on that Spider-Woman title even though very cartoony.
 Smiley
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 02:03:05 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 05:26:16 PM »

Fortunately I read Spider Woman pre Secret Wars and liked it.  I've read the first post secret wars issue and it seems to have picked up where the other left off so I'm keeping it for now.  I agree it's a lot like Superior Foes, another title I liked over all.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS