HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 06:53:04 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I will get around to answering and talking again!  (Read 8253 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: October 29, 2016, 01:56:36 AM »

But the wee little boy had his 3rd tooth break out this week, he was running a low grade fever (I stayed home from work with him on Tuesday), his head has been stuffed up with a cold, but no nose running to help alleviate it, and an ear infection too.

Three of the nights this week he woke every 2 hours, and was awake for 40 minutes to an hour and a half at a time. So, it's been a rough week.

Even staying up late, I've still read an issue a night on Unlimited, just because I wanted to experience something.

But he's come out of it! Happy and chirping, playing and laughing, and no rosy inflamed cheeks due to teething fever!

Now to catch up on sleep.

HA! I just kill me. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 12:59:00 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy

Ahhh Early fatherhood.

I was pretty lucky with the first kid, not too much teething issues at all, but my youngest? Wow boy.

Nighty night, Jimmy  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 07:17:59 PM »

And actually, it ended up being BOTH of the top 2 front teeth pushing out.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 03:54:30 PM »

Well, here's things again.

Haven't read a comic (even in Unlimited) in nearly...4 weeks.

2 weeks ago, I was home sick with the stomach flu, as that is what the child had from daycare, and our region of the state, actually.

Then, little Boy T got yet another ear infection. A doozy. Where his ear drum is fit to pop. We were told to expect drainage-keep an eye out for blood! Drainage; yes. Blood; no. BUT he gets tubes in next Thursday! FINALLY. We've been pushing and waiting for the correct follow up appointments to allow this to happen!

Of course, then, this last week, I get a bad cold again-along with Baby T (he gave it to me, though). Well, due to him not sleeping from last week Thursday through this last week Monday longer than 2 hours at night because he was so uncomfortable, my personal health and immune system just feel to shit. (yeah, you've all been there). But this is me now. Wink

I got several days off in the next 2 weeks-which is GREAT. I may or may not get to reading some comics; we'll see! I did get to see Rogue One, actually. Wasn't sure if that would be in the cards. We fell so far behind on cleaning/laundry/cooking/grocery shopping in the last 3 weeks due to illness/her finishing her grad classes/work travel for me/work evenings added in for her/staying home sick(me) and with the baby that suddenly ITS CHRISTMAS IN 3 DAYS.

WHat?!! hOW?! huH?

But, I look forward to reading something again...sometime...I still haven't even watched the midseason finales of Flash, Arrow, or Legends yet.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 06:49:04 PM »

Bah, if you got time to see a movie then you got time to read a book or 15.
 Tongue

Wink Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 11:46:25 AM »

Just posting here again to make sure that came across as the joke I meant it to be  Undecided

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 01:15:21 PM »

Just posting here again to make sure that came across as the joke I meant it to be  Undecided

Well, that's the thing, if I don't have much time to post, then I don't have much time to read comments either!  Cheesy

Definitely no foul here. Nothing to throw a flag on. I know it was a joke.  Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2016, 01:33:47 PM »

Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 02:29:08 PM »

So, my stuff developed into a sinus infection.

I haven't slept through the night since about December 10th.

I'm just sick of being sick. Just worn down, tired, and dragging.

But!! I'm on antibiotics (the worst days for me was, of course, Christmas Eve & Christmas, and then the holiday date of everything being closed December 26th), the boy just got tubes in yesterday, and I at least have another 4 day weekend.

If nothing else, while the wife had the child up north for another visit this week, I just laid down on the couch and watched 5 episodes of Daredevil Sn 2 one night this last week. Of course, the wife was pissed I didn't get stuff done I apparently said I was going to, but, I felt so damned horrible that I simply didn't care.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 03:29:52 PM »

Damn sorry to hear this, man

Jimmy - Hero Realm's own Warren Ellis.

(that is another bad joke brought to you by Perry about someone else not being able to get healthy.)

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 03:19:18 AM »

So, I was free of an illness for about...6 days after the new year. Junior started in at a new daycare on January 3rd (Tuesday). By Friday, he was starting to leak from the nose, and by Saturday, full on faucet running, all the time. By Monday, so was I. Sad

Then, his cough settled in by Sunday, and was worse Monday and Tuesday. I miss some more work on Wednesday the 11th-no RSV at least! But take home a nebulizer and follow up on Friday the 13th.

Where they tell us it's bronchiolitis, or, splitting hairs-pneumonia. His lungs are rather full, he burned a fever briefly, and he's barking and hacking with this cough. He's got 3 different meds through the day to a)battle infection, b)loosen his chest/lungs, and c) keep things fluid to get it moving.

I also have the cough. And the sneezes. And the running nose. And run down feeling in my knees and hips and back. And the fatigue and exhaustion. If you go back through the posts in this thread, you'll see where I started to feel poor-and it's been going ever since.

Just wish my little guy could get clear and steer away from this poor health.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 04:54:40 PM »

Man, you guys are having a tough time of it. Are you guys drinking the water from Michigan?
 Grin

Okay, another bad joke.

Getting sick is never fun and it is only 5,000,000,000 times worse when you are a parent watching your kid go through the crap as well. Hope the T******* family start to get and remain healthy soon!!!

Pssst ... I know that isn't the amount of letters in your last name, but this is the internet soooo   Wink

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 12:40:46 AM »

So, somewhere just before Groundhog day, when Little Man was feeling better after pneumonia, for about 5 days, got the stomach bug. He was still eating well, a happy baby, but he had such diarrhea that we changed his clothes 3 times a day due to blow outs. No fooling, no exaggerating. This went on for 6 straight days.

That takes us to near the end of the month. Wisconsin hit this stupid 60 degree weather for 3 days. I got sick. My hay fever goes ballistic when we get false spring weather this early in the year. My sinuses blew up...and J got sick 3 days later. Allergies, too? Lots of kids at day care have it. Nose is running so bad that it takes a boogie wipe kleenex every 4-6 minutes to keep him clean. Just continuous....for 15 days.

Because then it moved into his chest. Nose has cleared up now in the last 3 days...but it's now at 21 DAYS of him being continually sick with this. Me as well!!! (gotta be my allergies, though).

But else does that mean? That the last 21-28 days, he has not slept through the night. Wakes up inconsolable because he hasn't been able to breathe at all. I've slept half my nights in a blue recliner to keep him upright more often than not over the last 2-3 weeks especially.

Just a real rough time....again.

I'm still not out of it either. I've only been non-sick at a longest stretch for 11 days since November 23rd....

So, some comics talk?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2017, 12:53:10 PM »

Dude, there is some serious viral $#!^ going around this country. My young nephew and niece, both my grand-kids, three of the neighbors kids and about 8 more relatives/friends of my moms in western VA ... all under 10 years old ... are battling this thing left and right. It keeps coming back as soon as they start to get better. I mean ALL of them.

Look, I am not and never was a conspiracy guy when it came to immunizations, and I am still not (Please make sure your immunize your kids people ... it is NOT the cause of Autism) but I swear, if I was to ever be that kind of guy, I would swear that the medical industry made a change about 11 years ago that has impacted this current crop of the younger, younger generation to become so sick. It is like they were all a victim of the Gen-12 Program, making their offspring to be ...
 Cheesy Cheesy

I say stop making your kids wash their hands so much (not you Jimmy, just spouting to the world  Wink). We played and ate dirt when I was younger and ate the vile McDonalds once every 2 months or so (not once a day, people ... or even once a week) and my generation was hardly ever sick (other than "in the head"  Wink)
Kids need dirty stuff. Stay away from the constant use of hand-sanitizers as well. Yes they are of value, but people, like my dear 'ole mother *cough*, uses that crap every time she touches anything it seems.

Now as for you, Jimmy, I hope you guys rebound from all this and stay healthy, not even a sniffle, for at least 5 years once this is all cleared. You guys deserve it!!!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2017, 11:55:48 PM »

So, both of us manage to kind of really kick everything by about March 19th, 20th...because his 1 year birthday was the 22nd!! Fully healthy, and happy, and a big happy family!! His birthday party was the 25th, and a lame aunt brought her kids-one of which was in the ER 5 days ago with a 104 fever. Coudln't give him the anti-flu meds they do in quick emergencies. See, that's only given when you've had symptoms less than 48 hours. Also, this dumb aunt doesn't go all the way to the end of the antibiotics she's given; once the kid 'looks fine', she saves the rest of the bottle for another time. Or splits it with her other 2 kids. Did I mention one of her other kids was walking in with upset stomach, chills, pale face, and burning up hands?

But Jordan didn't get sick from them!

However...he had a cold develop. I could tell something was the start of being amiss around March 25th. I said he was getting the start of the sniffles again. Doctor at his 1 year appointment on the 28th agreed as much, when feeling his lymph nodes. Go to the 31st, that Friday; he's up 3 times that night. He was up twice the night before, but it got worse over the entire weekend. He's coughing, he's hacking, he wakes every 1.5 hours feeling miserable, snot all over his face, and oh, vomiting from gagging on snot, phlegm, and drawing too much air in his belly with heavy, miserable crying.

My 38th bday was the 2nd. I was miserable.

So, it continued like that all weekend. We foresaw going to Urgent Care Sunday morning to see how things would shake up with his home nebulizer treatments and meds over Sat-Sunday. Nope, didn't help. Into UC Monday morning. Prednisone meds; hope to keep everything open and moving. Told if he isn't better in 1-3 days, follow up with PCP.

Today was start of day 4. No better. At all. Wakes every 2 hours. Stays up frustrated and trying to fall back to sleep for 40 minutes. I'm a fucking wreck. Got my follow up appointment tomorrow.

He's pretty worn out, exhausted, and frustrated too. Can it be spring already?!!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS