HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 07:15:06 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another one ... Oh Jimmy ...  (Read 3523 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 24, 2016, 01:57:36 PM »

Do you have Adventures of Superman #646 and #647? Or can you get access to them? I am sure you read them, but would really like you to know exactly what I am talking about, but maybe you can as your Supes memory is ... well ... Superman like.
 Grin

These two issues (which by the way "List of books to read before Reading Infinite Crisis", I don't see how this was relevant at all, but maybe it will be?) ... these two issues had the one of the greatest Superman and Mxzylptlk stories ever. Maybe because of the way it was a Supes/Mr M story, but either way, I loved this.

Do you know which one I am talking about? Supes is battling "Ruin"?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 07:22:49 PM »

Oh, I got them. I'm glad to see Mxyzptlk get used a bit, well, and shown in such a memorable story.  Great stuff. I loved all that Ruin arc. I picked them up in trades.

Did you get a chance to read Adventures 631? That's where Lois was shot. Probably one of my top 5 Superman moment/issues for me ever. I remember my review of that issue. Hell, i still have it and could post it!!  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 12:01:38 AM »

Did you get a chance to read Adventures 631?

No, if it wasn't on this Infinite Crisis list it wasn't on mine.  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS