HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:16:03 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: And DC new titles announced  (Read 4603 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 28, 2016, 04:38:05 PM »

So, coming in February, some new DC titles seen HERE -

Justice League of America by Steve Orlando (hit and miss) and Ivan Reis (yes please)
You may have seen the one-shots DC is putting out starring four members of this newest "League" title, but now we have the line-up ...? Maybe?
The Atom, Vixen, Killer Frost and the Ray are the ones we knew about thanks to the one-shots, but joined by Black Canary and the old look Lobo? Oh, and Batman, I guess?
(Maybe this will take the other league title down to monthly?)
Not sure on this, though Lobo has my wanting to add it.

Super Sons by Tomasi (yes) and Jorge Jimeniz (Yes ... but what about Superwoman?  Shocked Shocked)
Been waiting on this one. This will be on my list. For sure.

Batwoman by Marguerite Bennett (and james Tynion, so... yes) and Steve Epting (HELL YES !!!)
I will be also adding this.

Kamandi Special - 1-12 by all kinds of people  Cheesy
This has been on my list for a long time.

Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 07:32:23 PM »

Off the top of my head....

Justice League of America - The Atom, Killer Frost, and Black Canary?  I want to read.  Vixen, the Ray, and Lobo?  Not so much.  I'm not a Lobo fan (sorry Perry) so that kind of kills it for me.  But Ivan Reis??  Oh yeah, I've got to start it and see if it can win me over.

Super Sons - I will check it out but not sure if I'm interested in the kiddo versions....yet.

Batwoman - Now THIS I want to read and like.  BUT - I'm not a big fan of Marguerite Bennett.  Since James Tynion is helping I might be ok.

Kamandi Special - Enjoy.   Grin  And let us know how you like it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 08:46:54 PM »

Oh no offense for the Lobo thing, sir. I am actually not too much of a fan of the "brutish" type Lobo from the late 80's. He was fine, for awhile, but grew repetitive as hell. However the Nu52 version, while I didn't agree with the look, was a much better book.

If I can have a happy medium of mix of the two I will be happy.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 01:49:07 AM »

Perry, isn't it Phil Jimenez on Superwoman, and this is Jorge Jimenez?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 12:59:54 PM »

Perry, isn't it Phil Jimenez on Superwoman, and this is Jorge Jimenez?

WHEW!!! Good catch man. I was sweatin' it.  Cheesy Okay, good, good.
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 07:24:20 PM »

I notice the collected editions coming out are tpbs, and not the HC they were doing before. Wonder if that's simply because of the sheer volume that they can release?

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS