HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 11:33:14 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2  (Read 21895 times)
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 05:20:15 AM »

I was tempted to have my entire post simple read: "I am Groot.  I am Groot.  I am Groot..."  Grin

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 07:03:31 PM »

saw it last night as well with my son...another very well done movie.  Funny, a bit over the top here and there but never so bad as to draw you out of the fun.  Nice character interaction and growth and i am surprised they even
had a comic-like Ego planet...face and all
 Cheesy

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 09:53:59 PM »

there was only one thing i was disappointed in....
out of all of the 5 post credits scenes, i wanted to see the Hulk and i wanted to see Thanos.

Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 09:09:03 PM »

By the way, anyone else notice this in the end credits?

There, in the section of the credits showing small windows of the actors dancing to the music in character, is Jeff Goldblum as (I'm assuming) the Grandmaster from the upcoming Thor movie.

Do you think this was a "shout out" to that upcoming film or perhaps a deleted scene from this one?

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2017, 02:54:46 AM »

Saw it tonight.  My daughter also thought it was the best movie ever.  I was worried they would over play the goofy jokes and they did.  But it was easy to overlook since there were so many great scenes.

By the way, anyone else notice this in the end credits?

There, in the section of the credits showing small windows of the actors dancing to the music in character, is Jeff Goldblum as (I'm assuming) the Grandmaster from the upcoming Thor movie.

Do you think this was a "shout out" to that upcoming film or perhaps a deleted scene from this one?

I didn't catch that in the credits but I'm thinking it was just a shout out.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2017, 03:48:38 PM »

Something else I noticed that I found interesting.  Probably completely coincidental and irrelevant, but I'll put it in a spoiler box just in case.

Although the premise is not exactly the same, the tone and the setup of Guardians has always reminded me a little of Farscape, and I noticed that Ben Browder was cast as the Sovereign Admiral.

Again, probably doesn't mean anything, but I thought it was neat little nod if intentional.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2017, 05:45:38 PM »

I've seen it twice now. Still love it, even more so after a new viewing. I hope I can see it a 3rd time...in between seeing Wonder Woman a couple of times as well. Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2017, 01:04:47 AM »

So I finally saw this. Loved what they did with Ego. Loved it.
Some really good stuff here.
(end late comment)
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2017, 02:16:36 AM »

So I finally saw this. Loved what they did with Ego. Loved it.
Some really good stuff here.
(end late comment)
 Grin

About time!  Cheesy

Seriously, glad you finally got to it and really glad you liked it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2017, 02:54:23 PM »

Yeah Perry!

I just had some tertiary facebook friends watch it, and they said it 'sucked ass.' WHAT?!

Like I said, it's a different movie from the first one, but I still really enjoyed it-especially when I compare it to Dr. Strange (MAN, I gotta rewatch that movie and see if that's something I still feel. I've really been ragging on that movie as of late!)

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2017, 05:39:43 PM »

About time!  Cheesy

Right? Man, I hope I am not this late on Spider-Man Homecoming.
 Undecided

I just had some tertiary facebook friends watch it, and they said it 'sucked ass.' WHAT?!

Really? Wow, that leads me to ask ... in compared to what? I mean did they like the first one or "comic" style movies at all?

... especially when I compare it to Dr. Strange (MAN, I gotta rewatch that movie and see if that's something I still feel. I've really been ragging on that movie as of late!)

I don't think a rewatch will help you find something to enjoy.

I really liked it in the theaters from a pure Dr. Strange fan point of few. Seeing Ditko panels on the big screen just made my eyes weep with joy ... even though they fucked up Dormie  Angry, but I watched it for the second time on Netflix when it hit and my enjoyment was a lot less as I was seeing the flaws in certain aspects (like Cumberbatch's accent and those stupid ass "Sling-Rings") and then the third watch'through was just boring to me.

I still enjoy the movie, I do, but I don't think I will ever watch it again for fear of it falling behind some movies in my ranking that it should never be behind.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2017, 01:32:10 AM »

They stated that toilet humor, plus the over the top sex jokes that occasionally occurred, along with a banal story that felt incoherent made the movie just be dumb.

I..disagree!!

as far as Dr. Strange goes, I hate Hate HATE the sling rings!! That comes from the JMS mini series in....02? that tried to reinvent the wheel for Strange's origin. I could not finish the series. It. was. terrible.

and the sling rings for magic study and use debuted there. Made me hate that magicians in 'Strange' didn't cast spells. They just made green lantern constructs and did kung fu.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2017, 02:39:48 AM »

We just re-watched this as a family and our consensus is... your friends are crazy.

We STILL love this movie.   Grin

When the scene with...
Yondu, Rocket, and Groot are heading to the center of the ship after breaking out of the brig happens...and the music starts...my daughter looked at me with puppy dog eyes and said "This is my favorite part. And it's in slow motion." Then she squealed with glee. 

Oh yeah.  Bonded.  Best. Movie. Ever.   Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2017, 02:41:46 AM »

We just re-watched this as a family and our consensus is... your friends are crazy.

We STILL love this movie.   Grin

When the scene with...
Yondu, Rocket, and Groot are heading to the center of the ship after breaking out of the brig happens...and the music starts...my daughter looked at me with puppy dog eyes and said "This is my favorite part. And it's in slow motion." Then she squealed with glee.  

Oh yeah.  Bonded.  Best. Movie. Ever.   Grin

Of corse not three minutes after this:  Hannah leans over, pokes my stomach 3 times, then says "Yeah. Squishy enough.", and then lays on my tummy as a pillow.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:43:17 AM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2017, 11:04:32 AM »

Grin

Sweet, man. Just like the vid you posted, that I wanted to reply to and now can't find  Angry, I wanted to talk about how good you and the wife are for her and so glad things turned how they did. I wanted to speak on that in that other thread, but yeah, I lost it due to my not replying immediately.

In fact, now that I am talking about replying to your posts ... there is another one I wanted to reply to, something about one of your comments about an issue of some comic you read, and I just can't find that either. So if I get back to you weeks from now (or months knowing my luck), please just roll with it.
 Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS