HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 07:10:00 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SPIDER-MAN 2099  (Read 14292 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 05:53:30 PM »

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/david-sliney-bring-spider-man-2099-back-to-the-present

ON this page you can see Anka's redesign of the suit at a very detailed level.

I...don't care for it.

I hate the pseudo-belt patch things that suffice for a belt at the waist. That's getting waaaaaay too overused, and I think it's a stupid look. Also, the lines that demarcate the boots at the pants, but it all continues on? I don't need seem lines to make it look cool. Jim Lee has ruined that for me.

And the colors, at least in this sketch design, and the foils at the forearms...I am not a fan of. At least PAD made a mention in the interview he'll really miss the original, and that editorial called for this change.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2015, 01:15:26 AM »

You think you don't care for this ... wait until you read Secret Wars 2099 ... that may turn you off anything 2099 for ever.
Yes, it was that bad.

However, I like the white suit more. brings out a more open look to the character. Using the Moon as a back-drop shows it of very well. But I do agree on one thing ... I just can't stand those hooks on his forearms. Those things just look ridiculous.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016, 05:53:47 PM »

On the flip side, the suit looks pretty cool on the figure -
HERE (once there, click to expand)
Lots of nice figures.
 Smiley
Except for that god awful Moon Knight.
 Shocked

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS