HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:20:11 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Well now I done went and did it  (Read 4202 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 14, 2016, 06:41:23 PM »

Like I need another thing to take up time, but I just got back from Comic Kings and bought about $80 worth of ... worthless Marvel cards. Yep, locally, I alone am gonna try and bring back the good ole days of card collecting. No-one around here gives 2 cents, but darn it, I remember collecting Marvel Cards fondly back in the late 80's and early 90's (before they crashed) and I miss it. So yeah, I'm gonna start collecting them again.

After buying the cards and the sleeves (that hold nine cards each) I then stopped by the local Target and got me a good binder. Yep, I'm, all in on Comic Card Collecting !!!

Grin

Smiley

Undecided

Is it sad how far I have fallen?

Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 08:49:49 PM »

Sad.  Very sad.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 01:25:29 AM »

$80 worth, huh?  so you got, what?  57,000 cards?
 Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 01:11:36 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I know, guys, right?

I blame my dad. He called and asked about some cards he had ... which I think are actually mine, but no biggie  Cheesy ... and we found out, searching on Ebay, that one incomplete set he owns (five cards of six) could be worth over $500 if we could find the sixth card. I told him I would hit the comics shops and try to locate it for a reasonable price. Well, of course, none of the shops had it (most don't carry anything but Magic and Pokemon cards now), but one of the shop owners I know told me he would give me a deal if I helped him clear out his case of cards.

What was I to do?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I only got three Marvel sets (about 600 cards) and (thanks to Ellis getting ready to write and take control over Wildstorm) I also got an unopened box of Wildstorm cards  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Add in the binder, two boxes of the card sheets to hold the cards and a couple $1 comics  Smiley and my trip to help my old-man, ended up costing me more than I ever imaged I was going to spend yesterday
 Grin

So yeah, I'm in now, I have to start getting the cards again.  Undecided But hey, it's a cheaper (?) hobby than collecting current comics. Certainly easier to store. And as of now  Cheesy I don't plan on getting any of the live action stuff, like Marvel movies or tv shows, I should be kept relatively in control.
 Grin Cheesy Grin
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 09:19:28 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 08:22:27 PM »

test, disregard, thanks

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 03:58:11 PM »

also, test

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GI6CfKcMhjY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Does it work?

EDIT - still won't work for me Perry. I opened up a post you had with an embedded video just to watch the coding, and what I put matched exactly. my "" coding simply disappears with my posting.k
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:00:55 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 04:01:46 PM »

Hell, there was [ h t m l ] [ / h t m l ] between my "" in the prior post, and they disappeared too!!! Now I wonder if its in my personal settings!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 04:09:57 PM »

Jimmy, I don't think you are using Youtube "Embed codes", I think you are copying the web address.

If you look at a youtube video, you should see a "share" button under the vid. If you hit "share" it should pop up with a list of three options. One of those options is "Embed". Hit that and it will highlight a code that you copy and paste into the brackets that you do have correct.
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 01:41:50 AM »

Nope, I knew I would get asked about the proper 'Embed' code. I used that instead of the http hyperlink. Doesn't matter. *shrugs shoulders* Could it even be from the settings I have for privacy or sharing in Chrome? At this point, I just don't know.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 12:35:04 PM »

Nope, I knew I would get asked about the proper 'Embed' code.

Yeah, my bad ... I misread the post you had above that clearly shows you had the correct code. Sorry

I'm out. I have no idea. None.  Undecided

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS