HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 03:46:35 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Supergirl Season 2  (Read 14122 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: October 13, 2016, 12:48:18 AM »

....may have my most favorite beginning 10 minutes of an episode ever!!
Wink

(SUPER-hyperbole)

Seriously, this show, in the first act, gets everything right about Clark and Superman that the new movies directions have failed so utterly at. If anything, they are opposite sides of the same coin. Cavill may as well be Bizarro to Hoechlin's Superman!

I loved the episode. All the things they clunkily built at times in Season 1 come off in the manner that I want them to here. Kara is sweet, optimistic, hard on her self, but self-assured that she can do right. Her sister Alex doesn't seem as hampered here playing Gung-Ho action bitch as she was last season. Cat Grant continues to be amazing (will miss her as she filters out of regular cast membership. Even Winn finally gets recruited for his BEYOND AMAZING TECH SKILLS THAT NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN EMPLOYED AT A MAGAZINE), and James...well, time to find something to do with him. Once you take the heart throb aspect out, and with Superman actually there to give his Super-advice that James kept giving Kara all last season in a very knowing manner, his character is washed out and weak-ass here.

BUT I LOVED IT!!!

The Supers action was super. I dig Superman's look here, loved his character, enjoyed all the set up and continuation of stuff. Loved that Hank/J'onn settled into his role really well last year after his reveal.

I'm so excited about this that I may actually buy the awkward Season 1 dvds just to show support for Season 2!!

The best part? It's Supergirls show, Superman is supporting, and it totally fits and works.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 01:00:34 AM »

Last Children of Krypton Ep 2

Mostly, I'm sad to see Superman leave for a time again. Sad I know Hoechlin will return as a cameo guest again, but these 2 eps got everything SO RIGHT about Superman that the past movies have only gotten wrong that I'm so very sad to see him go!!

Still really enjoying the show. Quite a lot! Winn's toned down, but still fun as Winn, so I enjoy that. Hank with Superman was really good, and I enjoy Hank a lot. Alex's story and interaction was a bit off this week, and I ask this:

about her fight with Metallo. Superman's Metallo dude punches J'onn into orbit, but Alex gets a face punch and doesn't have her head explode? LOL

Also, I'm terribly saddened to see Cat leaving. Going to miss her terribly!!

Glad to see Snapper Carr treat Kara as a boss should-you have no experience, or training, or anything, so no, I'm not keeping you.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 07:31:50 PM »

I'm behind a week now.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 09:40:58 PM »

Me too. But I'm sure we will catch up soon as the kiddo doesn't like to miss her Supergirl.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 03:33:28 AM »

Ep 3 'Welcome to Earth'

Damn, Linda Carter still looks fine!!  Kiss Grin Cheesy

Cool ep. I'm enjoying Hank a lot more this season, and Supergirl is still a wonderful figure who Benoist is making shine in every scene.

Catco is a bit awkward right now, what with the role that James Olsen has assumed -which, by the way, makes him as useless as a kickstand on a 3-wheeler. I never thought the actor really brought much to the screen, and now the role really isn't adding anything either. If he was brought in to give a fledgling Supergirl legitimacy as a rightful hero alongside the likes of her cousin because Olson has seen it all happen already-mission accomplished. Ditch him from the show, to be honest.

Glad to see Snapper Carr have a bit more bite to him. Love that.
Glad to see Winn in his new role and a job that makes sense since HE'S THE GREATEST COMPUTER MIND THAT THIS WORLD KNOWS.
Alex is better each and every ep, so I appreciate that.

As for :

the alien being Mon-El and not some mystery Kryptonian, I'm a little saddened that his original naming occurred because he had amnesian, and Superboy just named him for finding him on a Monday, and giving him his own house name. The way it occurred here made it seem like that the 2 of them could be weird kissing cousins. Oh well.

Cool way for M'gnn to appear on the show!! And I"m all for J'onn to be in Martian outfits more often. I mean, it's a headpiece, with cheek lifts, and green make up with contacts. People have been wearing that and more on Star Trek for 30 years of tv and more!! It's not that hard!!  Cheesy

No, very glad to be watching this show this year now. Very cool.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 04:03:06 AM »

Ep 4

Dammit.  I can't watch this show anymore.

I watch this with my nine year old and they've decided to go with adult themes that she isn't mature enough to discuss with.

Very sad that this was my last episode.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 03:03:42 PM »

Ep 4

Dammit.  I can't watch this show anymore.

I watch this with my nine year old and they've decided to go with adult themes that she isn't mature enough to discuss with.

Very sad that this was my last episode.

Wow, that bad? On Supergirl? What happened?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 10:17:10 PM »

No, it's not bad.  Just going with some themes my girls not old enough to understand yet. Unnecessary themes but we can't watch it with her and I'm not that interested in watching without her.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 01:58:35 AM »

Ep 4 'Survivors'

Yeah, they laid it on thick here!!

Perry:

They revealed before the season that an 'important' cast member would be gay. So, it's Supergirl's made up foster sister Alex who is going to be lesbian. It's NOT subtle, to say the least!!

That said, I dug me some Martians, and I dug me some Mon-El time, so I'm still calling this a show on the up and up.

However, yes, I can definitely agree with Jeff that the sweet natured season 1 themes might not be the best for a 9 year old. Sorry, Jeff. Sad

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 02:52:46 AM »

Well as I didn't see it, I'm not commenting.
Best thing in this case.
 Cheesy

But sure, If they are going overboard with the sex stuff, you have to do what parents need to do.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 03:38:07 PM »

I may let it keep dvring and catch up on my own when she's not around.  Like I said, not a bad show and it doesn't bother/matter to me (didn't want to leave wrong impression).  My TV time is so limited and it helps when I can watch things with the kiddo - like Flash.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 11:13:31 PM »

No wrong impression from me, buddy.  Smiley

I understand what you meant by just knowing you over all this time. I know it wasn't a case of
".... and now they got them darn 'gays' in that show!!!"
bullshit anger you were talking about here, but more of an age appropriate thing. Cool

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2016, 04:29:41 AM »

Exactly.  Glad to hear it came out right.  Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2016, 09:36:30 PM »

Ep 5 'Crossfire'

Okay, stuff just got damned stupid.
James Olsen is pissed that there are horrible people out there, and he wants to punch them, cuz he's sick of being a sidekick to INVULNERABLE BEINGS WITH INFINITE STRENGTH AND POWER.

So, he's going to go out vigilante? UGH. I'm glad Winn was at least initially "you're stupid! what's wrong with you?!" but, of course, plot; so Winn will help out James. Who has no training. No martial arts background. Appearingly fit. No plan.

F'ing dumb. Ugh.

That said, I like the Supergirl stuff, I like how oblvious Mon-El is to this whole 'fit into earth thing' and holy shit, are they ramming it over the head about Alex switching teams!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2016, 09:27:51 AM »

Not sure what episode I am on or trying to get through I should say. Maybe it's "Crossfire" as it would make sense title wise as that "Invasion" crossover is the only reason I am trying to watch this show, but I will avoid Jimmy's spoiler tag for now but can't wait to see what it says.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS