HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:55:56 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rachel Rising  (Read 5316 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 29, 2016, 02:14:05 PM »

This great series is set to end in just over two months, at issue #42

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

It's a sad state of comic when this amazing talent, doing his own amazing book, struggles to sell 6,000 issues while other comics, telling the same ole stories time after time sell upwards of 75,000 plus. Just something wrong with that.

I can only look forward to Terry Moore's next project, which hopefully will not be long coming and will hopefully garner more looks.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 08:51:16 PM »

I've been picking up the issue I missed on Comixology as the prices go down.  Since it ends with #42 then I'll just wait to read them all.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 01:41:38 PM »

Just what you need, Another "collection" of issues to read.  Grin (That said, that is the best way)  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 03:21:40 PM »

Just what you need, Another "collection" of issues to read.  Grin (That said, that is the best way)  Smiley

LOL.  Sooooooo true!!  At least these are usually a fast read.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 01:04:25 PM »

I see on Twitter that Terry Moore is having a limited edition Omni of Rachel Rising put out for $90. Signed and numbered and 900 pages (including cover gallery). I asked him if it will be the same size as his Echo Omni (which is just a fantastic looking and feeling book even though it is only 10½ x 7) and am now awaiting his reply. I kinda want this one to be the same size to pair them. Again, even if they are a little smaller.

Not sure I will do the $90 (plus $15 shipping) limited edition one however as I just checked and I see where DCBS has the regular Rachel Rising Omni (no exclusive cover, not signed and not numbered) for only $48 (plus what ... $7 shipping ... I think that is what they charge for once a month). $55 buicks for a (still) gorgeous Omni is a lot better than $105 the way I see it. I would like that alternate cover, more so than the signature and number edition as a matter of fact, but yeah, I can't pay the much of a difference for just a cover. A cover I won't see once I slide it on the shelf.
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 08:37:57 PM »

I see on Twitter that Terry Moore is having a limited edition Omni of Rachel Rising put out for $90. Signed and numbered and 900 pages (including cover gallery). I asked him if it will be the same size as his Echo Omni (which is just a fantastic looking and feeling book even though it is only 10½ x 7) and am now awaiting his reply. I kinda want this one to be the same size to pair them. Again, even if they are a little smaller.

Not sure I will do the $90 (plus $15 shipping) limited edition one however as I just checked and I see where DCBS has the regular Rachel Rising Omni (no exclusive cover, not signed and not numbered) for only $48 (plus what ... $7 shipping ... I think that is what they charge for once a month). $55 buicks for a (still) gorgeous Omni is a lot better than $105 the way I see it. I would like that alternate cover, more so than the signature and number edition as a matter of fact, but yeah, I can't pay the much of a difference for just a cover. A cover I won't see once I slide it on the shelf.
 Grin

Which one did you wind up picking up?

I'm down to the last two trades which I'll finish in the next couple of days.  Love this series and will have to get Echo and Stangers in Paradise next.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 01:27:09 AM »

Neither. Wasn't gonna fork over the cost of the signed and by the time I remembered to order the other from DCBS it has already passed. I may now just get the softcover omni, but I think I will wait and still get it in the regular HC, if I find it again for a good price.

I love my Echo HC but know this, Strangers is vastly different than either Echo or Rachel.

Echo is not as quite as good as Rachel, but is still a good sci-fi read.

Strangers is a really good chick flick in comic-book form more than anything
 Cheesy
Okay, that isn't entirely accurate, and to be honest I only have read about 4 to 7 issues of it. I enjoyed what I read, greatly, but it is more of a "human condition" story from what I could gather. And that's fine. I liked the lead character and her main friend ... whose name I can't remember to save my butt right now ... just fine.
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 09:26:37 PM »

Just to wrap this thread up.  Let me repeat what I put in the Weekly Reader thread after finishing this series.......

WOW...I mean.....WOW.

F*(&ING LOVED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely the BEST thing I have read this year.  Hands down.  No competition.

Dammit.

Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS