HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:34:25 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TEEN TITANS - REBIRTH  (Read 5590 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 07, 2016, 02:23:55 PM »

Well THAT didn't last long
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 08:07:21 PM »

You know - I kind of miss the days before social media where we didn't get all the behind the curtain views of how things work in the industry.  Percy may do a fine job on this title on his own but it will be hard to give it a shot when you know there were "creative differences" going on.

Of course, I read this right after the John Byrne thing which may be slanting my comments.  But I miss the days I could enjoy someone's creativity without being jaded by who that person is.  This hits me even more on TV and movies because celebrities feel the need to preach to everyone about social and political issues.  Wait, maybe this hijack needs its own thread...... Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 12:12:15 AM »

I don't mind celebrities "preaching" their views. Just because they are famous doesn't mean they should not be involved in what matters to them. Unless of course it is Scientology stuff.
 Grin Cheesy

But hell, I am worse than those celebrities. I sit here and type or rant on the phone or at parties about how many things need to be changed in the U.S. yet I actually "do" nothing more about it. I spend no time with signs in my hand or making calls. No, I do nothing. At least they are standing out and being heard for whatever they are standing behind.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 04:53:13 PM »

I do want to know, and don't want to know what creative differences are here in this situation.

I mean, was editorial breathing down his neck and having him do all kinds of changes?

Or, was he just not doing the work the book needed, was he late, was his image of what the book and editorial wanted clearly not what it should be?

So, I do and don't want to know.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 02:09:33 PM »

ISSUE #1

First of all I think it is pretty messed up that the editors or higher-ups chose to put the colorist's name second, after the writer and above the artist's name on the cover, just because said artist has left the title (and not only that, was more than willing to discuss the designs of these characters even after that). Pretty cheap jab that I would expect from Marvel, but not DC.
 Undecided
(But maybe the artist requested it and my ire is for not)
 Smiley

That said I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. Am I all in? Not yet, but I will certainly give issue #2 a peek-see and decide from there. I also may need to see some art work from the new artist before committing to adding the title. And while the score may not seem like I enjoyed the book that much, I am purposefully grading a tad lower as I don't want my thoughts going into this book and the final outcome being so drastic that I over-rate due to be surprised.
 Cheesy

* Please note that this in one DC book that you really need to read the Rebirth issue first. Unlike most of the other titles, this title ties directly into its rebirth issue

7 outta 10 - scores that could possibly be higher.
 Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 12:15:23 AM »

Not really about the Rebirth Teen Titans ... but as my heart has yet to start up again, after the KC game, I wanted to complain about this look.

This look ... What did they do to the once great looking character?

Is THIS really Raven?
Oh I hope not

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 03:25:33 AM »

Not really about the Rebirth Teen Titans ... but as my heart has yet to start up again, after the KC game, I wanted to complain about this look.

This look ... What did they do to the once great looking character?

Is THIS really Raven?
Oh I hope not

Yuck.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS