HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:39:39 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HeroRealm Fantasy Football League 2016  (Read 12202 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 03, 2016, 06:54:45 PM »

Week 4

Oh sure.

The week I bench Ben Roethlisberger he decides to get 35.9 points.  The third highest score of any player. 

And Stafford, the guy I played instead, gets 10.22 points.   Angry

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 01:31:49 AM »

Well, at least I pulled back to .500 on the season. Ugh

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 07:19:47 AM »

I am finally at the point that I think this will be my last year playing fantasy football. I am seriously thinking of just abandoning my dynasty team that I have had for about 20 years now. Just wearing me down. Jeez, I remember having to look up box-scores in the USA Today on Monday mornings back when we first started this league. Really. That is how long we have had this thing going.

But I noticed something a few weeks back, when my daughter got out of one of her treatments at the hospital, I spent the entire week not thinking about my fantasy team and then Sunday, just enjoyed football. I watched my Redzone and just enjoyed football. I wasn't worried about my points, my opponents points or anything. Well, maybe how the Steelers were gonna do, but that is it. Since then, I have started to notice I am getting stressed out again.

I noticed I was really started to get effected by "Fantasy" a few years ago. Getting stressed out and mad and what not, especially when both the Steelers and I would lose on the same week. Wow, was I a bear. Part of the reason I didn't have a team here for the past couple years is I didn't want even more chances of being stressed out or pissy for days.
 Cheesy
So last year I gave up being commish, hoping that would help. That was a hard thing to do as this has been "my baby" all these years, but I just had to try something. It helped a tad not having to deal with all the bullshit, but at the end of the day, the game was still stressing me out. Points of elation or total fury. Heck, some of the worse feelings was/is when you are either up by 20 and he has someone starting Monday Night or your down by 20 and you do, so you stay up until midnight to watch the game and then you can't get to sleep until 3 A.M because you are either so happy or mad, depending. And yes when I say "you" I mean "me"
 Cheesy

So yeah, it's bad enough being an avid fan in the first place, but having that added "fun" on top ...?? I don't know. I really hate to give up my team and its a great team to have in this money league, I worked my butt off to get this team making trades and planning sometimes years in advance (Yes I would even look at the 5 star high-school kids going into college to plan what year I wanted the most first round draft picks), but not sure it is worth it or not anymore. But man, 20 some years, ya know? That's also hard.

Okay, end of session
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 12:58:25 PM »

I suffered from the same issues and this year is much better for me because this is now the only league I'm in.  And the people who play here are just in it for fun and not too serious.  Helps me not be so serious. 

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 01:19:31 PM »

Yeah, one ting about this league, we are some serious mo-fo's
 Cheesy Cheesy

11 of the craziest, most NFL devouring maniacs in the U.S.A

and me.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 01:57:15 PM »

LOL.  What's funny is there are people who are playing in the league that haven't posted in forever!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 02:28:55 PM »

LOL.  What's funny is there are people who are playing in the league that haven't posted in forever!

Well, man, that is good that they're still around.
Try making trades as part of a deal to get them posting again.

"I will give you Big Ben and Odell for Rodgers and 4 posts at the Realm by you"
Wink Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 12:19:28 PM »

HA! That's right, I started playing FFB back in...97,98 I believe ( I HAD to have Barry Sanders every year!) We went to some minor legacy stuff-always just a keeper on the team, draft determined by year before, that sort of thing. But, we were a pay league. All trades, pick ups were for money.

<and yeah, back then, it was looking at stats from a USA Today. Our commish at the time would just round stuff off as he would have as a kid in school. 97 yards was 100, 244 yards was only 225, due to points spacing-or there was fighting about the rounding when someone lost by a point!>

But then, I only started to look at it as a money thing. And I started to hate real football. So, I quit. I was off for about...6 years, then I took over a friend's team in his other league, where it was all a gag and for shits and giggles. Taunting emails, fake news reports from ESPN about Head Coach Jimmy T, that sort of thing.

But, this year we went to a winner take all, everyone throw in $25. And I'm starting to get pissed off again. Won my first game, lost the second game by a point, 3rd game was that rout of the Packers v Lions, and all they let my opponent's qb Matt Stafford do was throw for 400 yards! And then this week? I had my guy beat...except he had Julio Jones...who scored over 50 points in our league. I lost by 18.

So, I get pissed. I hate money down the drain. "well, it's all in fun" they say. Cool; then why did we do it for money? If I spend money on fun, I want a return. Watching my money slowly run away from me each week sucks. I even said last year that if they want to start talking money (and there was talk about pick ups and such being money) I said then you could probably just find someone else.

I dont' want to do draft scouting for players. I don't want to watch the wire reports for who's starting, or a last minute scratch. Hell, I haven't even seen all the Packers games this year, let alone watch other games. Still haven't seen a full non-GB game!

But it does also feel good to just sit and watch a game, or part of a game, without being pissed off that  you are losing after someone scores.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 12:28:32 PM »

Sounds like you both SHOULD be playing in the FREE, just for FUN HeroRealm football league!   Angry

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 01:25:03 PM »

Haha, well sure, the money is an issue for me as well. We have a 12 owner, $255 a year league (don't ask), Free Agents start at $10, but it is a blind bidding style so no-one ever just puts $10 on a player/position because the know they will not get them, so even that usually goes into the $40's or $50's each time and we usually go trhough at least 20 Free Agent pick-ups a year. So yeah, it's a lot of money, but the draw is the winner gets 60% (20% to the runner up and 10% to the other two playoff teams) so you are looking at a nice payday if you win, figuring 60% of 12x255 is easily a $2000 payday by the time you add in the FA's %. I've won 4 times, in all those years, but as stout as my team is now, best I've ever had, no wins in the last 6 years  (2 playoffs shots but only one of those was when I made it to the big game)  Angry Angry Angry)

To me it isn't the money as the main issue anymore, I've grown use to wasting that  Cheesy it is just the ... man, just want to not think about this shit anymore. I won this week by 9 points and I should have lost because I didn't start Julio !!!!! Now before I get, rightfully, slammed for that look at the history from a few weeks ago -
Two weeks ago - hurting from calf pull, no practice all week, sore as hell - 1 catch / 16 yards = 1.6 points
Sunday - hurting from calf pull, no practice all week, sore as hell - 12 catches / 300 yards / 1 TD  = 39 points
Why, because I forgot the one tenet I have always lived by - "ALWAYS START YOU STARTERS" !!!!!
 Angry Angry Angry
 Angry Angry
 Angry

I just miss football, not thinking about football, not having to, like Jimmy said, yell "SHIT!" at the top of my lungs when I am watching Redzone and I see my opponent's starter score a TD or bust off a long run. Why can't I just enjoy the long run like I use to? The anxiety is bad enough for any sports fan(atic) when pulling for their team, much less with added intestinal turmoil by adding points to what they do ... or having to sit star players because they are facing your team  Grin (yes, I never start any f my starters when they play against my Steelers).

I just miss watching football.
 Undecided

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 01:28:18 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 12:42:47 AM »

Sounds like you both SHOULD be playing in the FREE, just for FUN HeroRealm football league!   Angry

Um, that's me, 'The Bye Team'  Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 11:16:29 AM »

Um, that's me, 'The Bye Team'  Grin

It is?!  Oh man!  Color me embarrassed!  I should have known you were Ripsnorter!   Grin Grin Grin Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 02:24:45 AM »

Week 7

You and me Jimmy.  Game on.   Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 11:48:00 AM »

I'm not sure it's even a 'game' these days! Depends if a Denver offense shows up!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2016, 06:29:59 PM »

I'm not sure it's even a 'game' these days! Depends if a Denver offense shows up!!

Going into the first round of games half times it's 25 Jimmy to 23 Jeff.

But I have to say, neither of our teams are performing up to projections.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS