HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:22:35 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Season New Shows  (Read 4867 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 03, 2016, 02:43:53 AM »

Here's my list of shows starting up that I can't wait to watch, will DVR, and then never find the time to watch.

First, the two I actually have watched:
Blacklist
Agents of Shield

And now everything else:
Luke Cage (Netflix of course, not DVR)
Westworld
Walking Dead
Designated Survivor
Survivor
Big Bang Theory
Flash
Arrow
Supergirl
Legends of Tomorrow (still haven't finished last years season)
Gotham (still haven't finished season 1, let alone start season 2, and now we're at season 3)

And of course there is also Jessica Jones, Dare Devil, Orange is the New Black, and Game of Thrones when they start up after Christmas.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 04:36:03 AM »

Man, way too many for me to do this now.
 Cheesy
I will have to come back. Time for bed.

Go Steelers !!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 12:16:48 PM »

Jeff...maybe that says something about Gotham if you haven't been able to find the time to watch a show within 2 years. It's okay to give up on comic properties...it's hard, it can hurt, but it will only hurt for a little. Wink

That said, the missus and I haven't turned the tv on in....weeks to watch anything. Even when we were in the summer months, it would still be hulu for Goldbergs and Parks & Rec, dvd rewatching of 30 Rock. But, now that she is returned to work and teaching full time... the evenings seem like a waste to spend on tv. Baby, baby goes to sleep, clean up after baby, do our house stuff, go to sleep!

Yeah, not sure how this fall will go. For me, I do:

Arrow
Flash
Legends of Tomorrow
Supergirl
Simpsons

With Wife:
Big Bang Theory
Modern Family
Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders-Making the team (ORIGINALLY her idea; no joke!! I just enjoy the ...screen presence)
This is Us (well, we want to start it. Got to catch up and view, actually. Pfew! Hulu!)
Life in Pieces (well, want to start this too! Perhaps a hulu mainstay at some point)

She watches:
Once Upon a Time (I'm in the dvds of this...on Season 2)

And like I said, only on ep 4 of Daredevil sn2...and I really want to watch Luke Cage!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 01:06:45 PM »

I actually did give up on Gotham during season 1 but I have a non-comic friend who loves the show and always asks me character questions.  I keep wanting to catch up on it if for no other reason than to be able to fuel his growing comic excitement.  I loaned him The Killing Joke and the Watchmen HC's so I'm slowly reeling him in.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 02:47:35 PM »

I loaned him The Killing Joke  ...

Just please tell him to avoid the recent animated movie of the same name. He will get some really bad ideas aboubt a couple of our heroes.
 Undecided

As for my viewing, I thought of a way to make this easier.

I watch nothing on any major network (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) except for Survivor (a dramatic family tradition  Cheesy) and half hour comedies. And me and the wife watch a lot of those. And they are:

ABC
The Middle
Modern Family
Black'ish
Fresh off the Boat
Last Man Standing (when I can deal with Tim Alan)

CBS
Mom
Big Bang Theory
* Kevin Can Wait - 1 episode so far. Not sure yet

NBC
* The Good Place - 2 epsidoes (back to back premiere). Not sure yet. I think no. But must ask wife  Wink

FOX
Brooklyn 99
New Girl
Bobs Burgers
Family Guy

TBS (not a major network, per se, but had to get these in)
American Dad (I watch, the wife doesn't normally)
Angie Tribeca
The Detour - YOU MUST WATCH THIS. Don't think it is coming back as it ended nicely, but man this was funny.

Then the rest -

FX
American Horror Story
Fargo - Both so far and more if they make 'em!!

AMC
Preacher
Better Call Saul
Night Manager - a mini that is now getting a second season. Loki !!  Wink

HBO
Westworld !! (haven't watched yet, but hope it is good)
Game of Thrones
True Detective
Night Of (mini, may be back though)

SHOWTIME
Shameless - I am tired of it but the wife still likes it  Angry
Dice - Much better than I thought it would be. Funny and self-defacing at times

Food Network
Chopped
Kids Baking Challenge
Halloween Baking Challenge
plus some more as they come

And all the Andrew Zimmern shows on Food/Travel Networks

PBS
The Great British Baking Championship

and whatever channel Sherlock comes on  Grin

Then the shows that are mine ... MINE.  ALL MINE !!!

Flash
Hard Knocks
The Americans
Archer
Dr Who
NFL ... anything almost ... on weeks where Steelers win and then very little when the don't win  Cheesy

and ... That's all I can remember for now. I know there are more.

Be back later I guess.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 03:27:38 PM »

No Walking Dead???   Shocked

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 03:28:34 PM »

Oh yes - you reminded me...Better Call Saul is on our list as well!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 06:17:53 PM »

No Walking Dead???   Shocked

Nope. Stopped about two years ago and never looked back. I understand the love for the show people have, but to me it is like watching the old Hulk tv show, but instead of Bruce finally finding happiness in a small little town, only to be "angered" into becoming the Hulk and then having to "move on" and we get THAT feeling of "damn" and recycled dread, WD repeats the formula in a different way. Have them find a little happiness, only to feel the despair when someone dies and be forced to move on, rinse repeat.

Stopped reading the comic for the same reason.

I love non-happy endings, but not when they never come to a conclusion, not when they never end and just leave me feeling the same way every damn Sunday night. Leave me with a "well that sucks" feeling. Sort of what Moore did to DC back in the 80's to fans of the Silver Age story-telling
 Cheesy
 Cheesy
 Cheesy
And honestly, Just got tired of Rick being a prick
 Undecided

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS