HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:49:30 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: LUKE CAGE  (Read 16100 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 06:16:54 PM »

Is "strikethrough" what you intended their, Jeff?
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ouch! I hate it when I do that!  Fixed!

That's okay, I hate when I do ...

Is "strikethrough" what you intended their, Jeff?
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

...  Cheesy Cheesy
Also, fixed.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 07:29:33 PM »

Episode 7

WTF?Huh

I did not see that coming.....

Cottomouth's sister killed his ass!!

And then I didn't see coming....

Cage get's shot???  How does that happen?!?!?

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2016, 08:21:00 PM »

Episode 8

DIAMONDBACK!!!!!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2016, 09:10:56 PM »

Just want to make sure you know how that happened. If not, I shall return !!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2016, 04:30:10 PM »

Episode 9 & 10

These two episodes seemed to drag.  I don't think it should have taken three episodes to
fix the bullet wound

Still loving this show but seems to missing something since
Cottonmouth died.

Just want to make sure you know how that happened. If not, I shall return !!!

Yep.  I get it now.  Didn't realize they actually prepped us for it in an earlier episode.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2016, 04:34:29 PM »

Smiley

All good. Happens to me all the time.
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2016, 03:35:52 AM »

Episode 11

And we're back on track.  Great episode.  Bummed that there's only two left!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2016, 12:26:08 AM »

Done,

That was effing awesome.  Loved the ending and can't wait for the next season.

I'm gonna miss seeing this show everyday.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2017, 07:55:19 PM »

I've watched the first 2 eps, for a change of pace from my early DD Sn 2 watching.

First ep pacing was sloooooooooow.

I really liked the 2nd ep as a way to show a 'heroic origin' for Luke-meaning, how he decides to get off his ass and do something right for the neighborhood he lives in.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 06:50:39 AM »

Finished ep 3, and only got a bit into ep 4.

You know what? Ep 3, and mostly ep 2, also, I've loved the pacing of this show.

I've had complaints on DD Sn 1, and JJ, that some air time should just be cut. They just kept showing stuff that didn't need to be watched.

But, Cage has fallen into a groove that I'm enjoying following. Can't wait for origin story in full with Ep 4!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2017, 10:44:39 AM »

I hope it keeps up for you. I found, like most of Marvel Netflix, that if they just had one or two less episodes it would do them good. Cage, while overall slower in pace, did seem to do the best however.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2017, 04:07:53 PM »

I still miss getting to watch this one.  Even with a lot of time passing from my finishing it up my enjoyment has not faded.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2017, 03:07:41 AM »

Ep 4

Origin story

OH hell yeah!! That was awesome!!!

Know how little I know of Luke Cage? I didn't know his real name was Carl Lucas, and that you could find that on Wikipedia.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2017, 03:10:50 AM »

And Perry, color me a little suprised you liked 'Long live the Chief' but damn, that rap had some power in its rhythm and grabbed you with the hooks. Wouldn't have taken you to enjoy a music genre like that. What, with you being old as dirt. Zing!  Cool Cheesy Wink

(all tongue in cheek, having fun with you)

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2017, 04:44:51 PM »

(all tongue in cheek, having fun with you)

I get it, my man  Grin

You don't have to walk on egg shells with me, I can take a joke ... now that my pain meds are the proper ones at the proper levels I am no longer the "quick to overreact in the wrong way" person I once was.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

(Though I am the worst at knowing if something I posted made it to peoples eyes the way I intended. Always concern me, usually way after the fact when I re-read what I posted)
 Cheesy

And yeah, I really dug that song. And while it isn't as pronounced in my head the way some other beats and raps were in my younger days (well, not too young of course as THAT was before even the SugerHill Gang came out  Cheesy), it still had an impact to my ears. Good stuff.

(And the only music I really don't like is anything that came out in the past 5 years!!!!!  Cheesy  Wink  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Oh, and Opera ;-))

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS