HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:31:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SEVEN TO ETERNITY  (Read 8091 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 28, 2016, 03:25:40 PM »

What can I say about this book other than you should get on this series immediately? What a fantastic book. Yes, pf course there are a few things that we have to learn about as we go, and for me that means I should read it collected or in as many issues as I can in a row as I will forget a lot  Grin, but I will just not be able to stop reading this when it hits. And from what I can tell, if each issue is like this, I will remember everything as each issue will be imprinted on my mind forever.

You should read this. And not just for what this book is now, but what it can be down the road. Heck, what it already is in my head as I've been thinking about what will happen next since I put this issue down.

There is one very cool part, a method of travel, that I find so damn cool I can't wait to talk about.

The "bad guy" is, well, we don't get too much of him here, but his henchmen? Oh sweet goodness indeed.

Yes, the art alone is worth the price, but guys, really, all of you, if you enjoy science fiction, no I take that back, if you enjoy fantasy with a sci-fi twist, this is it in it's grandest form. Get this book!!!!
(and be sure to read the forward and the afterwards)
 Grin

10 outta 10 Tulls of Jethro!!!!
 Wink
 Cheesy
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 06:02:41 PM »

Sweet!!  Can't wait for the digital price drop to get on this!!  (but I will wait   Grin  )

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 01:17:14 PM »

Read this yet?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 02:43:22 PM »

I read issue 1 and liked it.  Not completely wowed yet but that one two page spread was some amazing art.

The story is really good and I can see this build up to some really fun stuff.  I'm looking forward to reading this world.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 03:47:36 PM »

They way he was transported  ... that was so cool. Lots of other cool stuff coming. Man I liked this. And like you, looking forward to reading more

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 01:25:03 PM »

Oh, by the way, I loved the first 4 issue trade for this. Magical, and sci-fi, and fantasy! I'm all wrapped up in it.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 02:29:30 AM »

Issue 13 finally came out this week after 4 months with nothing.  And it has a cliff hanger - ramping up for what seems like the final arc.  But no solicitation or information for when issue 14 comes out.

Man, this title started in Sept or 2016.  Two and a half years later and we are just at issue 13.

Love this series but this slowness is killing me.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 12:15:52 PM »

Yeah, I am glad I have held onto my stance of not reading this any further than I have (issue #2) until it is done.

That is a hard thing to do because I was so enamored with what I read in those first two issues, but damn it, it is hard enough for me to enjoy a monthly comic anymore, having to wait those days with my brain forgetting everything I read, much less trying to keep a story straight with a title that has a non-predictable schedule.

Of course hopefully it is just the usual Image break that they do and are coming back from, allowing the artist time to catch up and then pushing out another 5 or 6 issues until the next break, but I don't know.

Man, I want this to last for 50 or 60 issues but at the same time, I really want to read this ...
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 04:24:50 PM »

I totally agree with you on not being able to remember anything when we have these big breaks.  But, surprisingly on this one, I have been able to pick up and it all comes back to me by the second or third page.  I think this credits the story telling because, like you, I normally am never able to remember without going back to a previous issue.

No harm in waiting, of course, as this next arc should be the last.  Which is good IMO.  It feels like the right time to end and I’m not at that “when will this end” state of mind.  Still very much enjoying it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS