HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:10:47 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lazarus: Risen  (Read 2088 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 25, 2019, 12:36:29 AM »

Anyone notice that the industry is trying to gradually nudge us towards $4.99 per issue?  This comic is doing it too but even more drastic.

In the Image world on ComiXolgoy, comics come out at full price.  But if you can wait 1 month, the price will drop $2 as the next issue comes out at full price.  A significant savings if you can wait a month, and as slow as we read around here - no problem for me.

Why am I bringing this up here?

Because Lazarus: Risen comes out with a cover price of $7.99.  After a month it does come down and even gives you a bigger discount of dropping $3.00.  Woo Hoo!  Better than the normal $2 right?

Wrong - because that makes the discounted price - $4.99.

In fairness I need to point out - the issue has 67 pages.  A lot more than the average comic.  Twice the comic for twice the price?  That's probably fair.  But I think it's a leader to get us used to paying $5 for our comics.

And in the case of Lazarus: Risen - yeah, I'll buy it.  And it seems like it's a quarterly since #1 came out in March and #2 won't hit the stands until July.  That won't kill the pocket book every month.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS