HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 07:34:02 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hello friends!!  (Read 4078 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: September 15, 2016, 01:19:08 AM »

I haven't forgotten about you!!

I just have a nearly 6 month old child. My wife has returned back to teaching full time, and is also taking 6 grad credit courses towards her Masters. And my work has significantly picked up as the health system I work in continues to let people go, shuffle around the current departments, and demand justification for every expenditure and cost (which includes the employees!)

Remember how, about 4 weeks ago, I really lit the boards up for a while talking comics? THAT was the last time I bought and read comics.

Oh, I got started on 'Ultimates #1' and "ANAD Avengers #2" in the last week, but THAT. IS. IT!!!!!

Well, I did manage to finish Grell GA vol 5 and Hellblazer vol 13, but I also finished 2 novels by Robin Hobb in the last 6 weeks, so I would say that I am at least still reading!!

Heck, I may even be able to get out tomorrow and buy comics! Wahoo!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 02:54:38 AM »

I totally understand getting busy.  I just started a new role at my company (promotion) and I'm learning a whole new job.  Feels like someone turned on a fire hose of information I have to learn!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 12:37:00 PM »

Understand completely, buddy. That additional family member can certainly take up a lot your time, especially with the Mrs. going back to full-time student status. But as you know, the more you put into something the more you get in return. And I mean that for both the wife's learning/degree/more money  Wink and the young Tonn.
 Smiley

Add in the busy work schedule and I don't know how any of us do it. Well, not me any longer  Grin Grin .....  Undecided ....  Cry, but people in general. Work, kids, schooling, sleep ... it's hard to find any time. But I suppose that's always been the case and will continue to be.

Here's hoping you made it to the shop today!!!
 Grin

I just started a new role at my company (promotion) and I'm learning a whole new job.  Feels like someone turned on a fire hose of information I have to learn!

Promotion !!!! Sweet !!! Congrats (did I tell you that already?)
 Undecided
(damn memory)

Anyway ... Promotion = More $ = more comics?  Grin Grin Of course with more $ you get more responsibility and less time to read them. That reminds me of the old 80's commercial about cocaine -

"I do more work, so I can have more money, so I can buy more coke, so I can do more work, so I can have more money, so I can buy more coke, so I can do more work, so I can ...."
 Cheesy

Just insert comics instead of coke.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 11:39:07 AM »

Nope, just kidding! No comics were bought last week, and I leave for Minnesota in 1 day for a 4 days occ health software convention. So...no comics this week either.

I think that makes it over a month since I bought comics. Hell, it's almost the calendar month of September since I bought comics, I think!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 01:15:00 PM »

Hope you are at least still reading them ... something!  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 01:17:59 PM »

Anyway ... Promotion = More $ = more comics?  Grin Grin Of course with more $ you get more responsibility and less time to read them.

One would hope!  We are really pushing to pay off the house in the next four years so any extra $$$ is going to that.  I'm still keeping my same comic budget and with the Unlimiteds I'll be making the most of those dollars!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 02:22:25 PM »

We are really pushing to pay off the house in the next four years so any extra $$$ is going to that.  

Smart move. I so wish I hadn't refinanced about 10 years ago, I would almost be done myself, but we badly need new windows in the house, a new AC unit and a little bill reduction, so it was smart at the time. But man, the banks love it when you do that as they have you, and all that lovely interest, for another 30 years (or 15 for some).
And even though we pay at least $25 each month towards the balance ... man that little bit each month knocks those months right off rather quickly ... it is still a lot longer to pay off had we dealt with the rain and cold coming in the windows, the heat during the Summers and all those bills.
 Angry

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 04:56:57 PM »

Life.  It happens.   Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 05:35:43 PM »

Life.  It happens.   Grin

Truer words were never ...  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS