HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 07:35:39 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Black Hammer  (Read 36978 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2019, 12:07:42 PM »

Sah-Weet
Maybe we should get some sort of "Walk for the Hammer" petition thing going for Jimmy? Ya know, fill it with signatures so he will finally buy this series  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2019, 09:49:47 PM »

Sah-Weet
Maybe we should get some sort of "Walk for the Hammer" petition thing going for Jimmy? Ya know, fill it with signatures so he will finally buy this series  Grin

How can he not at 99 cents an issue?!?!?!  They're practically giving it away!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2019, 01:36:11 PM »

Just read Black Hammer/Justice League ...
An okay first issue with pure set-up tone and form. Issue #2 will, I think, be the deciding issue on if this is going to be a good mini or a bad mini.
 Grin
If you are not already lined up to get this, I say you can wait on it. Unless there is no price reduction if you wait that is. I mean, why wait if you are not getting a discount. However, yeah, if you can save some money, I say wait and at the very least get this when you get issue #2. Or heck, maybe even wait on issues 1-3 until issue #4 hits? Up to you, but this was certainly not worth the rush to read.

Not saying it is bad, no, no. It's is just a typical set-up issue. Does have some nice art, although I am now a little too used to Ormston's art style on these characters I think.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2019, 12:24:58 PM »

#12 is the last issue of Black Hammer: Age of Doom??? Noooo

Just saw the newest title (mini?) in the BH universe will be ...

EDIT -
And for anyone that would like to join Lemire's "Weekly" newsletter, "Tales from the Farm"  Grin and are not already on it, HERE is the link for you to join

Cool
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 12:34:28 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2019, 01:35:26 PM »

Looks cool!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2020, 07:22:30 PM »

And if the recent Black Hammer mini being a good read isn't enough for ya, try THIS

Cool

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2020, 11:14:29 PM »

And if the recent Black Hammer mini being a good read isn't enough for ya, try THIS

Cool

Awesome!!  I love Colonel Weird!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2020, 02:06:34 AM »

Here's a preview of the first two pages of the new Colonel Weird mini!

Click Here for Preview pages!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2020, 01:05:00 PM »

That art is from the guy that did Harrow County with Bunn. Keep forgetting I need to add that series to my future wish list!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2020, 03:48:15 PM »

That art is from the guy that did Harrow County with Bunn. Keep forgetting I need to add that series to my future wish list!

ComiXology had a sale on those Harrow County trades at the end of October so I picked them all up.  Now that I finished the Boys I’ll be moving to them soon.  Be great if we both read through them at the same time!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2020, 08:55:11 PM »

ComiXology had a sale on those Harrow County trades at the end of October so I picked them all up.  Now that I finished the Boys I’ll be moving to them soon.  Be great if we both read through them at the same time!

Just checked on the price, and unfortunately, they are not part of the best of 2019 sale that is going on right now.  Angry Maybe I will rejoin "Unlimited" for a month or two to get the first 12 issues in?
 Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2020, 10:56:15 AM »

Not on the first page anymore, and I didn't look further, but a couple days ago I saw where Bleeding Cool had an article about Black Hammer and it looks like Barbaralien will be the next mini series hitting from that universe. Something about him and AIDS. Not that he has it, but more that it hit his people? I think? Something like that? Maybe it was him? Oh hell, I can't remember
 Undecided

Guess I will find out when I get it
 Grin

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS