HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:13:57 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Black Hammer  (Read 36971 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 04:50:56 PM »

I went back and read this again, to get a great feel for it and I think the way it was written ... who it was about ... Man, I can't talk about this without going into detail, so ...
Let me know when it goes on sale and you grab it, Jeff.
 Grin
And Jimbo, just flip through issue #6 or #7 ... or #3 or #5 or #2 of this series  Cheesy and let me know what you think. Or, just make it easier on us all and buy the series.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Including the Annual
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 05:25:31 PM »

I agree Jimmy - this is one you need to be reading.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 10:03:38 AM »

I agree Jimmy - this is one you need to be reading.

And to make it easier ... HERE ya go, Jimmy  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2017, 02:22:02 AM »

This one, huh? Sounds like a comixology buy to me!! Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2017, 06:01:52 PM »

Jeff, Variant cover to issue #9  Cheesy

HERE

Grin Can't wait for this origin!!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2017, 12:45:33 PM »

Jeff, Variant cover to issue #9  Cheesy

HERE

Sweet!  I can't wait.  I was surprised when I found out that ....
Talky Walky is a girl!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2017, 04:42:48 PM »

Jeff, Variant cover to issue #9  Cheesy

HERE

Sweet!  I can't wait.  I was surprised when I found out that ....
Talky Walky is a girl!

Me too !!!
Well most likely
 Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2017, 04:49:55 PM »

And this great universe grows larger -
As seen HERE  Cool

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2017, 10:44:50 PM »

And this great universe grows larger -
As seen HERE  Cool

Sweet!  And my wallet says "Ugh"!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 01:54:44 PM »

And my wallet says "Ugh"!

Cheesy Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2017, 02:29:52 AM »

Black Hammer Giant Sized Annual
Black Hammer 9 & 10

Man I love this series!  The Giant Sized Annual was a trippy story.  Love it when we follow the Colonel in the para-verse.

9 & 10 drove me crazy!
After watching the Colonel "kill" Talky Walky in 9, issue 10 gave us no answers. But then gave another cliff hanger!

Killing me waiting on each issue to come out!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2017, 05:33:15 PM »

Issues 11, 12, and 13

Aaaaaaaaa!  I’m completely caught up and I want to read more!

And I liked the Sherlock Frankenstein preview.  Looks like it will tie in / enhance the current story in Black Hammer.

This is definitely one of my top comics.  When does the next issue come out!?!?!?!?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2017, 03:01:56 PM »

When does the next issue come out!?!?!?!?

April 2018
 Undecided

Sherlock Frankenstein -

A typical first issue with little more than set-up and a reveal that will certainly come into play at some point, but really enjoyed this for, if nothing else, expanding the reach that is Black Hammer.

While the art here isn't as pleasing to my eye as the regular series, it is not horrible either. However, there is a two page spread that is very confusing to read. It starts off fine, but then towards the end, you are not sure where to tell your eyes to go. The page set-up is kinda cool as it "spirals" around from top left, to the right, down the right side and turns at the bottom, but there it kinda leaves us curious and pondering as to where to go. Just slightly, but enough to take me out of the comic for a second. It looks like we should continue around the spiral, following the characters around the steps, but the dialog boxes don't quite add into that function. At least not for me.

Other than that one issue the art is okay. It fits the tone and the way they decided to draw the prison ... let's just say there is a familiar essence to this building that I won't spoil here, but I want to know if anyone else "sees" the same thing I do. Maybe it is just me as it is an abstract look that I am catching, but man I think it is what I see. Just another nod to all the past hero comics and cartoons of the past that this series is so well known for.

Damn I love this universe!!!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2018, 01:56:44 PM »

Sooo, did everyone get Sherlock Frankenstein? How about that love connection?
 Shocked
That mini ended up being pretty cool and ties into Black Hammer in an interesting way.

And, hey, if you don't know what I am talking about, well ... shame on you first of all  Grin but you can make it right be going out and grabbing that 4 issue mini.

And while you're doing that, how about getting ready for the next mini starting in March, Black Hammer's Doctor Star!!!
It has a few different covers, but you can see one of them HERE (does that guy look similar to someone you may know?  Wink Grin)
Gander at one of the second issue covers HERE (yep, that is the homage alright)
And then, oh my, how about the cover to issue #3 seen HERE .... HOLY SH.....
 Shocked Shocked Shocked
Awesome.
Taking that one character  Wink and putting him in that one group  Wink Uh-Huh. Yep. All over it!!!

And of course, don't forget Black Hammer's second volume Black Hammer: Age of Doom (cover seen HERE) coming in April

Have you started any of this yet, Jimmy?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2018, 02:10:52 PM »

I bought and read volume 1. I really do like it. The colonel in the para verse is probably some of the most fun but I'm really curious about why they're there how they're trapped there all that stuff. Kind of like hell boy crossed over with I can't even think, Astro City?

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS