HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:31:08 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arrow - Season 5  (Read 9084 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 08, 2016, 05:17:23 PM »

Not enough here to get excited about...yet.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 01:29:06 AM »

So close!!!!!!

I truly hope a back to what works from season 1 approach!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 06:47:06 AM »

I wish you both the best for this season!!!  Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 12:51:09 AM »

I already like how the show started off. Hell, the flashback even seemed a bit better right away as well. First ep gives me hope and desire to see this show be cool and awesome. Here's hoping for some Season 1 and 2 vibes.

OH? And
with GA killing again? I just want to see how this is explored;hopefully not too heavy handed or hamfisted. Probably will be, but oh well!!

If anything, due to the cycle this show created, this Green Arrow should probably end up being the 'made' hero that the first 4 seasons have been building him to be. This should be our 'Green Arrow' TM, all rights reserved, DC incorporated figure this year-or at least the guy who finally figures it all out. the 4 year origin story should be all over!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 07:32:01 PM »

Behind 2 weeks!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 09:33:59 PM »

Your still better than me as I haven't started it yet!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 02:31:11 AM »

Eps 2 & 3

Nothing specifics.

I'm enjoying everything so far. I'm enjoying watching Oliver be the seasoned vet in all this, and it feels like Amell is being given the gravitas of the role to, well, 'lead' as the mayor and Green Arrow. Sure, he's stumbling along in it, but without the old ways of 'olicity' mucking things up like season 4, the characters are allowed to be better about themselves.

The action! Hot damn are the fights awesome! Choreography and stunts, and the big events of them! Amell vs the wrestler Stardust on the show was AWESOME.

New recruits? A bit of common tropes about them, but the inclusion of Ragman is so weird and fun, I dig it. Watching Mr. Terrific finally start to come out is awesome. The woman is a bit of cypher and nothing to the show...yet. Here's hoping!

Dig's story, however, is annoying and terrible. This is the second time Dig's outfit has gone rogue and evil. Doesn't paint a very good picture of the US military here.  Undecided

I'm enjoying it. A very good start!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 12:14:47 AM »

Ep 4 Penance

Still liking what is going on with the season. I don't expect his gang to get that much more experienced that much faster, I just wish a little bit, that the growing pains would be varied and different. I like how cool Oliver is to them, and I'm glad that his and Felicity's relationship is an older and more mature one.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2016, 02:39:32 AM »

And the flashbacks in Russia are really good too!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 09:45:50 PM »

Ep 5 'Human Target'

A waste of an episode and character. How cool would it have been to get Mark Valley to reprise the role? That said, what a dumb and weird use of the character.

Also, I'm now joining the bandwagon Perry was driving a while ago-Felicity now officially annoys me. I now prefer it when her and Ollie are working partners with antagonism about the direction to go. More interesting that way. They've proved they can't work it out. Good! At least his way, Ollie can become focused, or at least more driven in what he wants to do.

I hope.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 09:47:47 PM »

Ep 6 'So it begins'

Some truth comes, the noobs get a bit indignant, and I actually really enjoy how very little bothered Oliver feels about it. HA! My past is just that, he says. Deal or move on!! LOL

The ending is totally a red herring

That Quentin Lance is the Prometheus villain. I have no problem with him being mind controlled or so, but if he becomes an amazing vigilante fighter with Olympic level bow markmanship, I'm gonna scream.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 11:14:11 PM »

I watched the first episode finally and like it as a setup episode.  Gonna try to catch up now that my other shows are all on hiatus or about to be.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 07:25:46 PM »

Ep 7 'Vigilante'

Its kinda fun to watch the city just spiral madly out of control with hoods and masks all over the place doing whatever the hell they want. I think Oliver's character is being put through a good wringer; as he has no clue what route he is going to do. Go back to killing? Remove the true filth from the streets? Build the city as mayor into a better place where everyone helps? He obviously doens't know, but he's building towards it.

B story with Thea and Quentin definitely needs to get done, and I feel bad that it just doesn't seem that...important. Because Ollie's not a part of it, I guess. I'm hoping this season is about him taking everything, and getting it all together as something he can truly manage. We'll see.

And Dolph Lundgren! Amell is a year younger than me, and if you would tell me that I'd be on a tv show as a superhero where I get into a brawl with Ivan Drago, I'd tell you that my life was complete. He just owns the screen there.

And there's that; the show continues to do amazing fight choreography and stunts. Just superb. that team really knows what it's doing.

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2016, 01:59:07 AM »

Mid-season finale...

WOW!!! Great wrap up and final moment shocker  Shocked Shocked Shocked
I wonder if this means we can expect Tommy to return via Flashpoint.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2017, 06:18:29 PM »

As I am discussing the ending of these shows, SPOILERS will be occurring, so read at your own peril.

I wish I would have written something up as I finished this last week.

I really enjoyed this season!

For starters, it was the end of the 5 year journey through the flashbacks of his past-which I mostly really enjoyed this season alot. It was a season that returned back to the roots, a bit, of Sn 1. Fighting street toughs and such, no magic, no super duper computer crap.

Oh, it's Arrow, so there are plenty of bumps and bruises along the way in how people act, and how people make decisions. The show was still decent in that big reveals were usually always handled with honesty.

The fight choreography was still the best in this show amongst all the other shows. The build up to the ending, and culimination of this season and all the past seasons was damned awesome in the final 2 eps.

What I don't quite buy? Prometheus. It was a false trail, as his name Adrian Chase, was actually Vigilante in the comics, so the fake out was junk for people who knew the comic history. A bit lame. Also, the fact, as I read in other reviews, that Chase became this super Arrow polar opposite in less than 4 years was the worst stretch.

The hood killed his shitty father in season 1. So, Chase gets pissed, starts his crusade, gets trained by Talia, becomes this amazing killer archer, becomes the city's DA, and also gets happily married during this time.

WHAT?! That part is the garbage part. Trying to raise a villain that is the other side of the coin of Oliver in such a manner that falls apart under scrutiny is a tough pill to swallow. Might as well as made the archer be the Spider instead.

His actions, however, were top notch, and really stamped a villainous agenda to the season. For that, I enjoyed it a lot. The showdown on the final boat, Oliver's son there, the finale, day-um!!!

I'm not entirely pleased it ended on a cliffhanger, but that just means I watch it again next year. Makes me wonder how they'll make him into a hero that will not live with regrets.

Loved to see Moira brought back just for the phone call to Oliver on the boat. Such sadness, such relief, such bitterness for the rest of us who will never see her again. Sad

I sure hope Artemis was killed. Couldn't stand that character the whole season.

Terrific was too damned goofy. I know Felicity fell out of that role, but did they just have to capture that figure exactly the same?

Wild Dog was top notch. Best character arc of the show. Great stuff, and especially with how he interacted with Quinten.

the new Canary? I'm not sure why she was shoehorned into the show. Didn't make sense to me why include her in this season. It's not like she was a love interest, with with reigniting things with Felicity again (which, I happen to be very over considering her holier than thou and flipping alignment changes this entire season with the Helix shit.

Oliver's reveal? That he liked killing? Ya know, kinda made some sense, and kinda really fit. It can be true, but it can also be true that he really does want to be a hero now.

The other thing that makes me laugh is that they worry about killing, yet every team member besides Oliver uses guns when mixing it up with thugs. Um...those aren't darts, last I heard them say, so...yeah, those guns are killing people, right?! LOL. What a weird mixed up show theme!

I'm sure there is more to say, but I'm a bit tired from writing, and I'm trying to push through and finish Supergirl right now.

That last ep alone? Damn, that was good.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS