HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 08:59:38 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Flash - Season 3  (Read 21735 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2016, 07:21:53 PM »

Ep  6 'Shade'

I'm a little miffed that the Shade wasn't the amazing gentleman monster man of a bygone age from James Robinson's Starman run. Instead, he's a hoodlum? Why? For what reason? He just does things to be a dick? Why kill that guy right away in the beginning? Mind you, I'm sick out of my gourd with a stomach flu, so maybe some of the finer details fell through the cracks in watching, but the motivation for this loser was really, supremely lost.

Savitar! Nice! Gonna be interesting right there! You know, I don't know anything about Savitar except that he was a barechest dude who put major color patterns of yellow in with blue highlights only and thought it was a good idea. Wink

Caitlin still blows my mind. why are you hiding from people who love you and want to help you? No wonder you go evil as Killer Frost; your psyche is all messed up, kitten.

This whole thing with Wally 'I'm gonna get my powers and then its going to be so cool!' is annoying. I mean, we know it's going to happen, but the show characters don't. Why Joe hasn't yelled before "What makes  you believe it will happen!? You are insane for continuing to act this way! Stop it!!" But, they don't, because the characters meta-know it will happen. So, here's hoping it still turns out well.

well...Wells! Oh HR, you are such a weird figure on this program. Now, I'm just getting used to you. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2016, 10:56:44 PM »

Ep 7 'Killer Frost'
I won't lie; I'm not sure I still buy Caitlin's transformation into K.F., but at least they gave me a bit more to believe in with the process. I'm okay with it.

Well, Wally is out and cooked to a nice medium well speedster, so we'll see if it ends up being okay. Knew it was coming.

Also, with Draco being Alchemy -THAT WAS D'UH!!! Of course that was going to happen; just needed it come about!!!

Decent episode, and looking forward to Invasion! next week (viewing, at least).

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2017, 06:03:42 PM »

episode 16 - Into the Speed Force or When Perry Finally Gave Up (alternative title)

I can do it no longer. It is bad enough struggling through the sophomoric "I love you" dialog and the "I'll go talk to them" actions of every episode, but when
Iris tells Barry that she has changed her mind and wants to be his wife, only to have Barry tell her that they need to take a break
... Yeah, I am officially done.

I am not going through that crap. I have fought this kinda stuff for too long, but now they bring the final "lets all be 15 year old children" action to the table, it is time for me to stand up, push my chair in, bow my head to those still sitting and slowly walk away.

See ya, Barry. You little EDITED
 Tongue Tongue Tongue
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 08:53:47 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 10:45:56 AM »

Yeah, this season hasn't been the best all around.

Every. damned. time. someone leaves and another person says 'I'll/you should go talk to them' I just say out loud to myself 'Do another shot, Perry.' Dammit! I notice it all the time.

Now, I'm back at the first ep of the 2 parter with Grodd, so I'm not all caught up. But man, the number of times these people are simply boneheads to keep a plot going through an episode is dramatically increased since season 1-which didn't do that!!

I still enjoy watching my show, but the second act of 'save the future, save the girl' has really just become pondersome.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 11:21:28 AM »

Smiley
And you SHOULD enjoy the show, Jimmy and of course I wish everyone that watches it also keeps a higher than not enjoyment level, but yeah, I can't do it anymore. Never think however that I don't envy your (and the millions more that watch the show) ability to find more enjoyment than ire from this.  Cheesy I really want to, but it is just not to be. Flash is just not my cup of tea, even though I have sipped on it for years, tried it cold, added sugar, even some milk. I am more a coffee guy, I guess.
 Cheesy

At least the Flash show, even now, isn't as poorly thought out, put together nor executed as that Marvel/Netflix Iron Flop. Coffee and tea are one thing, but Iron Flop borders on being ipecac
 Grin Cheesy
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 01:58:44 PM »

Looks like I am on the same back schedule as Jimmy.  We just watched the first part of the Grodd episodes.  So far I'm still enjoying it.  HR has even grown on me.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2017, 01:10:51 AM »

episode 16 - Into the Speed Force or When Perry Finally Gave Up (alternative title)

I can do it no longer. It is bad enough struggling through the sophomoric "I love you" dialog and the "I'll go talk to them" actions of every episode, but when
Iris tells Barry that she has changed her mind and wants to be his wife, only to have Barry tell her that they need to take a break
... Yeah, I am officially done.

I am not going through that crap. I have fought this kinda stuff for too long, but now they bring the final "lets all be 15 year old children" action to the table, it is time for me to stand up, push my chair in, bow my head to those still sitting and slowly walk away.

See ya, Barry. You little EDITED
 Tongue Tongue Tongue

PERRY.

Was it the episode of
When Barry goes into the Speed force and sees all the Spirit Victims of Season's past?

Then yeah....F***ING STUPID.

I cannot even comprehend what writer said 'oOoOOOOo...the drama that this scene will drop! I'm so good!' What a damned junk line. I'm really blown away by how insipidly stupid and poor a story decision that was.

Also, I'm guessing this Savitar happens to be another future version of Barry that is pissed off by decisions he's made in the past, and is hoping present Barry can change the future and prevent Savitar Barry from being created. Going with that.

Because in this season, that makes sense.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2017, 12:08:54 PM »

That sounds smart, Jimmy. That would be very cool in fact.

My only curiosity if that was to be the case ... how would they get Barry to take the name Savitar? I mean originally. Being as that name comes from ... well, hell, where the name comes from ... hahahaha (yes I forgot what nationality or religion the name originates from) how, or more precise ... why, would Barry call himself Savitar in the first place?

For example if the name originates in Egypt (I don't think that is right), Barry has no connection personally that I know of to that location (he isn't a egyption archeologist, say) that would edge him to choose that name. You know what I mean? I know I am doing poorly at conveying myself, as usual
 Grin
Just curious as to how they would have this alternate/future Barry choose the name.

I love the thought and hope they do think about that if they do your great idea
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2017, 12:01:06 PM »

Perry;

the ep you hated?

It was a filler ep to help create tension for the next ep, which was the crossover musical with Supergirl. They needed both characters to be in a world of personal, emotional hurting so the big event could heal both titular characters.

So, the ep you hated? (me too, actually), was just a fake out. It made no sense because it didn't fit, because it had to be hamstrung to fit 2 shows filming schedules.

So, again, everything is back to the way it should be. All the eps since have actually been really good, and actually...feel really good watching.

If you come back, just get back to the ep after the musical, and everything is back to the way it was before the clunker. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 06:27:58 PM »

Angry

Okay, I will at least give it some thought.
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2017, 05:55:27 PM »

So, I'm going to give my synopsis and write up,

SPOILERS can abound in this. It'll still be in general, but I won't shy away from talking specifics.

On the whole, the season was...the poorest one of the three. Does that make it bad? Actually a little bit. Barry makes far too many decisions based on his emotions, not on what everyone CONTINUALLY TELLS HIM IS WRONG. He's such a dink, and makes the most errors and problems on the show for everyone else.

After the Savitar reveal, the season went really fast, with a better direction. The season may have done better by only being 16 episodes instead. There was ridiculous filler at times, stretched out foolish plot points, wastes of people's characters, too much cringeworthy and groaning effects that occurred.

The ending makes me wonder what future episodes will be (I have an idea, based on Waid's stories, to be honest. In that, I'll discuss later spoilers if people want).

I'm still glad I watched it, but man...having to listen to these CW characters continually say 'trust me' raises such questions about the decision making that is occurring and the strength of friendships!  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2017, 05:10:31 PM »

Just started watching this season on Netflix over the past week and finished Episode 6 last night. 

By the way, thanks for still keeping the spoiler boxes going.  Very difficult to avoid spoilers online when you watch the show on Netflix like me.  A few times I've gone on wiki sites to get some questions answered after watching an episode, I get nailed with spoilers.

Anyway, not bad so far.  Can't say I'm enjoying these episodes as much as the previous seasons, but not bad.  I started to notice the whole "someone needs to talk to him"..."you should go talk to her"..."hey, do you have a minute" thing and then laughed out loud when I read the previous posts that I wasn't alone.  Cheesy

I like Tom Felton's character so far but can't figure out why the show's costuming dept chooses to dress the guy like a sleeps in a dumpster.

Nice to see Barry and Iris together finally.  But once the dog catches the car, the writers often start to run out of ideas (or good ones at least).  Will be interesting to see how it develops.

I like the build up to Killer Frost.  Can't wait to see how this turns out.  Not sure what to think of the new "speed god" guy.  Kind of getting tired of rehashing the whole "race against evil opposite" trope with Flash. Thawne, then Zoom, then the guy in the bad rubber ComiCon suit - Rival or whatever.  Would like to see him fight more of his retooled rogues gallery, like Mirror Master (that turned out pretty well, I thought).

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2017, 01:54:53 PM »

Ugh.  Just watched the one where they're trapped in a musical.   Tongue

Man, I really hate it when the flow of the story of a show gets interrupted when they (writers/producers/network/whoever) detour through A Very Special Episode.

A lead actor wants to show off his talent for playing the tuba before the season ends.  Or the network requires all their shows to stop and do an HIV/AIDS episode for an awareness week or shoehorn in some guest star from one of their recently failed shows.  Or the showrunners throw the cast into a "Hawaii episode" because bikinis will boost the mid-season ratings slump.

Tongue

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2017, 02:27:36 PM »

Can I skip the musical episode and not miss anything?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2017, 04:29:24 PM »

Can I skip the musical episode and not miss anything?

Well, first of all it's a crossover episode and since it's the only "arrowverse" show I watch, I was a bit clueless on the subtext of what was going on with some of the crossover characters but it really didn't have much bearing on the Flash storyline.

Anyway Jeff, I would recommend the first scene or two that follows up from the previous episode, then skip to the last scene in Barry's apartment.

I haven't finished the season yet, but except for the opening exposition and final scene, it's pretty much a throwaway episode.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS