HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 09:15:45 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arrow Season 6  (Read 5804 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: July 29, 2017, 07:38:09 PM »

I can't believe this show is going to season 6!!

<yay Perry, I know  Tongue Cool Cool >

I'm very excited to see where things go after the island results. I don't hope for a child rescue each week. I do hope to watch Oliver Queen be more of a figure, more of an adult as a Mayor and a father.

I hope to see some truly ass kicking scenes again. I know in season 4 I would stop to say 'this jailbreak choreography was AMAZING!!' but I don't think I did it as much for Season 5-which is too bad, as there was some really good stuff towards the end.

I hope to see some more tweeks to the costume.

Hell, ....I almost hope he has his identity go public.

I pray that his identity doesn't go public!!

Keep things street level, STOP STOP STOP So much computer epic level magic to save the day on shit.

At least what this show always did, and does, is show why Ollie is just one step above everyone else-and that's because of the lack of limits he puts on himself to succeed. Keep me enthralled with that, and all will be well.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 02:49:02 AM »

I'm more on board with this show than any of the others, but I do have my issues:

: this Dinah Black Canary is such an empty cypher of a character fill in. I know they mean to make her a 'destiny' character to joint the team mid season last year, but unlike Rene, I still don't feel anything for her. Whatsoever.

: Curtis needs to not be a Felicity clone. That is uninteresting. He's a male version of her, right down to the uncomfortable talking and babbling that she does. I hate that.

: Felicity. Ok, ugh, is Ollie going to get with her? Not interested anymore.

I just like watching Ollie. When he gets more time, I believe more in the show. I really do. But he's getting watered down with having so much team around him too.

At least Green Arrow is looking really ass kicking in stunts and fights though! That I enjoy!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 09:21:42 PM »

Speaking more on what I feel about the series so far:

-but damn, the fight choreography, stunts, and action are amazing this season. I love knowing that more often than not, Amell is going most of his own stunt fighting. Oh, I know it's not him getting tossed, thrown, or falling through most things, but damn, the action is so well done!

-I'm actually enjoyed how the cast is breathing and expanding upon just being the Arrow team. Things need Rene's attention in the mayoral office, as it does Quentin and Ollie. Felicity is (stupidly) suprised to find that Curtis needs to make money elsewhere. Dinah is on the police force, so everyone has widening circles of things to do.

-finding a slight-they have no idea how to write for Ollie's 10-14 year old son (I think I could push his age to about 13), but the actor appears older than that, but they write him as a 10 year old in some of his dialogue (like it's bad-wooden, stilted dialogue, without any kind of life to it.). I don't believe in the father son relationship because I don't believe in the character. I don't necessarily think it's the actor's fault, but in the writing and handling of the character coming out of the trauma of losing his mother and having his world utterly changed.

-I rather like the Laurel actress back as her evil world doppelganger. Man, can she chew scenery like the background villain she's been put into! HA! It's so weird, but so okay by me. Grin

-Diggle and Dinah having the experience behind them to then develop each other is growing on me.

-any time Slade comes back just makes the show shine! It could be just 4 eps in a row of Bennett and Amell together the entire time, and it would be glorious!

I always watch this show as fast as I can after it airs. Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow usually build up 2 in the queue, and Flash is watched in the same week, but I devour Arrow still.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 03:25:53 AM »

The show has been all over the place with plots and storylines-actually, it's been good, really good, but there are some walls that are being hit that I don't enjoy as much, but man, it's been a good ride the whole season though!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 02:34:53 AM »

I truly enjoyed this season alot.

Diaz was awesome as a villain. That actor can scare the spit out of me!

The writers admit they fumbled some when they had both hero groups at each others' necks. The new team didn't have enough cred behind them, because we believed in Team Ollie over the past 5 years, and well...Ollie was right!

What a finale! So many things to try and push through here! Going to be WILD next season!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 10:05:39 PM »

Where do you think next season will go? Who's the major baddie? I'm over Darkk and Slade. Plus it's time Ollie weeded out a few sidekicks.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 01:42:54 AM »

I wonder how long they'll keep him

locked up in the Slab. I'd like to think maybe a third of the season-I'd like to see Ollie get his 'edge' back. I know they really pushed the angle in season 4 that he's a hero, not a vigilante, but I like the series best when Ollie gets pushed hardest when he's on his own.

But, I'd like a few less people on the show. New Black Canary has NOT grown on me whatsoever. I have no connect with her, no allegiance to her and her cause. The writers messed that up. Rene as Wild Dog is the most interesting, and has some good dimensions to him. Curtis is such a Felicity clone that I find him boring and repetitive.

I know we'll be seeing
Diaz
again, and I find that cool. I know Ollie's Rogues Gallery is closer in size to a Rogues Powerpoint, but how fun would it be to see Catman? I mean, really, why not?  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 02:39:14 AM »

I think I heard that Roy/Speedy is returning. Maybe we can get Ollie's half sister, Emiko, as part of the cast.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS