HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 04:22:20 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JUSTICE LEAGUE  (Read 21269 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2017, 01:05:50 AM »

Well, that is cool. Hope is still alive.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2017, 07:45:34 PM »

I practically had a private screening!  I went at 10:45am this morning and was the only one in the theater right up to where it started when 4 more people came in.   Cheesy

And the verdict is.......I liked it.  That was pretty good.  I see how it’s not “epic” but not a bad movie.

I won’t rehash what others have said other then to agree that you HAVE to disassociate your comic book versions and let these versions stand on their own.  If you can do that I think you can enjoy this for what it is.  Flash will still be annoying but he really does have a few truly funny moments.  Gal Gadot owns the movie just by her screen presence alone. Aquaman’s tough boy angst is cliche but his screen presence and awesomeness make up for it (somewhat).  Cyborg is a nice surprise. Affleck isn’t terrible but he’s the weakest of the characters. And
Superman
I liked a lot as well.

It’s not good enough to see twice in the theater but I’ll watch it again when it comes out on DVD.

I’ll give it 7 out of 10 para demons. And keep those expectations low, it definitely helped my enjoyment.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 03:14:52 AM »

I still say it's quite enjoyable, and worth your time to watch.  Wink Smiley Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2017, 02:56:09 PM »

Soooo, I started Justice League. I am only about an hour in and all I can say is Jimmy was partially right when he said I would not enjoy it.
 Wink

Now I have not read any past spoiler comments as I want to finish the movie first (Hope to this week) but for now I am taking a break and sharing a couple thoughts that I have, so far.
 Grin

This is not the Justice League. It just isn't. Most of the characters are not the characters they represent, so this can not be the team they are meant to represent.

That is not to say I didn't enjoy the characters, I did, but for the wrong reason. Aquaman was great, but very much NOT Aquaman. Flash was fantastic, but not even close to Flash. Cyborg was ... well, under the new DC I guess he was close, but Cyborg has failed for me ever since they turned him into the end all, be all of all things electronic/electric. What was once a great character with limited but cool powers is now the breathing God of Best Buy, packed with all sorts of appliances. He is the Silver Age Superman of current DC. There is NOTHING he can't do. And that equals boring as hell to me.

To me, this movie started badly from the get go basically due to the lack of any ... kismet between the characters. Bruce and Aquaman was brutal, watching Cyborg and his dad was rough, Barry and Bruce had no spark ... even though the room was full of it (Why oh why must Flash be all Lightening now just baffles me. Here and in the comics, every time he moves just Pow, zap, spark ... bolts everywhere.) Oh, and that Martha and Lois scene? Jesus Christ who the hell wrote that horrible piece of shit? From the lady on the news talking about her wanting to "anal probe" the aliens to they bullshit dialog shared between two very powerful actresses (or is actors the term now  Roll Eyes), man that scene needed a re-shoot. Wow that was bad.
 Angry

Okay, Steppenwolf. Yeah, laughable CG and sadly, dialog ("Leave her to me" and seconds later "Finish Her!"  Roll Eyes).
Speaking of Steppenwolf ... what in the hell was with the Hobbit origin story of his first earthly visit? The armies of man joined the armies of Atlantis and the armies of the Amazon ... oh and a Green Lantern was there. Man, that sure seemed like the battle of the 5 armies to me.

Anywho, I am at the part right after the Gotham river flooded the battle scene (why the hell was Bat's "Night Crawler" so damn big in the first place?) so I have about half left to go. So far at least I can say this is better than Suicide Squad, though not by much. But hey, DC still has Wonder Woman. Who they sure liked to show her ass in this movie, yeah?
 Undecided
Be back later for more thoughts and to look through others reactions and thoughts
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2017, 04:51:43 PM »

Looking forward to it Perry!  Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2018, 05:16:00 AM »

"God of Best Buy"
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2018, 05:51:51 PM »

watched this on my flight home from CO the other week.  i thought it was decent enough.  little lacking in character motivation and depth but most of these are intros so thats to be expected.  I have not read DC on any kind of regular basis since the 80s so no idea if the characters aligned with current books so anything that was too off when over my head.

Villian was pretty empty with his only motivation being..."we tried this in the past and failed so lets try again"...no real connection to a larger threat and maybe DC wanted to try and tone that down due to past criticism...who knows.  Also though he sounded just like Ares in WW...no distinction between computer generated vocals.

But all said and done i though it was pretty good and had some good one liners and light heartedness that helps humanize the characters outside of gritted teeth and snarls

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS