HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 11:38:37 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Flash - Season 3  (Read 21738 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 08, 2016, 05:14:18 PM »

Now who's the villain, Flash?  Who's the villain!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 01:29:34 AM »

Barry is a dink. At least, by his choices to end season 2.  Angry

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 02:31:33 AM »

Ep 1

Man, I'm not sure I like the Flashpoint as a general reset just to screw with people to make a different angle of relationships between characters. Don't ruin the soup by trying to take out stewed veggies and add other ingredients! It doesn't work!

That said, Thawne is DAMNED AWESOME. I look forward to the REAL first time they get to meet. Man, I'd love to see tha at some point!!

But Barry, you're a dink. Keep listening to those around who give sound advice (ie everyone who talked to you in Season 2!!!) and things might turn out a bit better for yourself. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 07:32:22 PM »

Behind posting a week, and behind the tv show for 2 weeks!!! ARGH!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 09:37:14 PM »

I'm also two weeks behind.  Yikes!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 02:25:11 PM »

So I finally got caught up on my Flash watching, all but this past weeks (yesterday?) episode.

Look I like it, I do, but if I have to hear (and I know I do) one more person say "I'm going to go talk to him", "Let me go talk to her", "you should go talk to them" or any variation of that again from this show, my head may just explode.

I swear I think I counted 7 times that phrase in some shape or form was said in just the three episodes I watched last night. It was crazy. Jesus ... enough with all the "i'm going to talk" talking!!! I am going to listen for it in this next episdoe, you know I will. I just wonder if they can go one episode without any "...go talk..."? Just one?

Cheesy

That said the Flashpoint thing was cool enough. I do kinda wish Flash would go back to just fighting a villain for an episode or two without a drawnout story arc being involved. Just for a break. We went right from Reverse Flash to Zoom to now Dr. Alchemy. Kinda wish we could just fight a few villains and move onto the next villain for a few episodes.

Oh yeah, also, what is the damn deal with all the running? I know Flash is about speed, but it isn't just running. The damn bad guy Rival (who looks more aquatic with his head-fins than he does a speedster) tells Barry "Let's go!!" and instead of fighting, they chase each other? Rival says something about how he is going to beat Flash's head in (not exactly) but then they show these blurs and Rivil is the one in the lead? First, why are they running?Huh This isn't a race@!!! Second, why are you, the one saying you are going to physically abuse the other guy, the one that is in the lead of this race that shouldn't be happening? You are literally trying to run away. Yes?

Oh sure the streaks look cool on tv and IO know that is why they are doing it, but 99% of the time Flash fights his foes without moving much at all.
 Cheesy

I know it doesn't sound like I am enjoying the show, but I am, mostly.
 Grin

But for now, I'm going go talk to my wife.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 02:11:41 AM »

Dammit Perry! Now, all I heard was the lines "I'll go talk.." and "Go talk to..."   Cheesy

Ep 3 'Magenta'

I laughed at tweenie Magenta here, as well as tv writing and knowledge of 'schizophrenia/multiple personality disorder', but I appreciate an episode that isn't entirely about the huge big bad of the season. Nor was the ep filled with the maudlin depression that most of the last season had in the back half.

Also? the damned funniest exchange since I don't know when in the series:

When Joe was explaining 'cop dad' to Barry, and why he never had to use it on Barry, since Barry was 'like having a second daughter; you always over-shared' and he goes 'just kidding!' I damn near pissed my pants laughing!!

The show is having a bit more fun in it's own meta-text exchange. I like that.

Also,

How cool was it to see Frankie try to drop an oil tanker on the hospital? LOL

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 02:30:51 AM »

Dammit Perry! Now, all I heard was the lines "I'll go talk.." and "Go talk to..."   Cheesy

Lol.  That's all I heard too.  Especially in that 3rd episode.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 03:25:01 AM »

Ep 4 'The New Rogues'

Totally cool ep!!

I dug having Mirror Master finally show up. Although, I'm glad that McCullough was mentioned as MM on Earth-2 with his Mirror-gun, I'm a little sad that Sam Scudder here was this douche bag, non-partial costumed.

OH, and I'm so mad it took me so long to realiza that Rosaline Dillon was the Top (not Roscoe Dillon). So cool!!

I'd like to see her come back by herself and show some jazzed up super spinning powers ala the comics. Geoff Johns made the Top damned scary when his memory came back-I'd like to see a huge protagonist as a female on these shows at some point.

I really like how this show is having an easy time showing day-to-day things. Relationships, eating a meal, sharing jokes and laughs. The stuff with Joe and Barry being so uncomfortable with each other over 'the conversation' was great-just like last eps' jokes about Barry being a girl!

However, what I don't think I like was

The cavalier attitude of 'lets just find another Harrison Wells' and believing that he'll fit right in with the group. WTF boneheaded play is that?! Seriously?! And you reveal all that you know to this dude right away?

I laugh at how quickly Flashpoint changes have faded away. Cisco's brother is now dead, but he's recovered and more or less is old self. Him and Harry was such a joy to continually watch. Joe was a partial drunk, and a shitty detective, but he is more or less the respectable and respected version he was last 2 seasons.

I'm glad the big bad Alchemy hasn't made all the season doom and gloom up to and until the final episodes ala Zoom. So, for that, I really appreciate this season a lot!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 03:57:39 AM »

Ep 6 Shade

Damn you Perry.  Now every episode has turned into a drink when someone says let me talk to them game.  And I wind up drunk every episode.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 01:29:12 AM »

Ep 6 Shade

Damn you Perry.  Now every episode has turned into a drink when someone says let me talk to them game.  And I wind up drunk every episode.

I think ep4 that only happened twice, though! LOL

But I was playing with the baby at the time, so I may have missed a few. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 03:39:46 PM »

Ep 6 Shade

I think ep4 that only happened twice, though! LOL

But I was playing with the baby at the time, so I may have missed a few. Wink

I'm a lite weight. Two drinks and I'm wearing lamp shades.   Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 11:14:33 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Damn, I got to catch up on this show. I've been needing a few drinks lately, for some reason.   Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2016, 03:38:48 PM »

Episode 5(?) the one where
Caitlin goes to her mom

This was an okay episode. I just hate that this show, that pushes the value or at least the effort in "talking", keeps having their characters not talk to anyone. Why wouldn't Caitlin just tell the guys whats going on with her? Why would she hide the fact? I just don't think I will buy that she doesn't want them to know for the reasons they will reveal.

And the way the CW stretches out things that everyone knows ... If you didn't know what was going on with "H.R" halfway through this episode ...
Yet the characters, these super smart characters, can't figure out that
he isn't a scientist?
Even when they get right there, so close, minutes before?

I like this show, but I hate that it could be so much better if they would just stop dumbing it down. Write the characters like they should be, not just to fill the episode. Stop dropping all the clues, letting the viewer know what is going on, before you let the people that are actually there and should easily see what is going on see the shit!!! I understand the out of sight stuff that characters don't know, but when you have Cisco even say "Wait a minute ..." and then have him not connect the dots, until like 8 scenes later? Arrrggghhh.

Even still, I did, for the most part, like the episode. I liked how
Caitlin's power (or alter-ego I guess) took control.

Hope to get to episode 6 and 7 here soon.
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 09:41:31 PM »

Ep 'Monster'

Nope, I'm with Perry, and going a bit further. Caitlin being scaredy kat about her powers and hiding it from her friends is only servicing one helluva dumb plot. Stuff with HR was annoying, and to be fair, really damned insipidly stupid that finding a 'Fill In the Blank Harrison Wells' would result in the exact same team dynamic or workmanship. NOT a fan of this.

It's obvious they want Earth-2 Wells, but actually wrote a good storyline to explain that the man would rather live on his own homeworld. So, they wrote something poor to bring in another.

What I don't want is...

comic book Killer Frost, who goes all evil cuz her powers took over. I want a confused as hell Kaitlin who becomes a villain. Not what I'm afraid will happen, and that's as badly written schizo who goes evil, cuz, you know, powers. And just does evil things, cuz you know, powers.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS