HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:44:53 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the Avengers Forever thread  (Read 1505 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: December 21, 2021, 07:23:04 PM »

from Newsarama

A new Tony Stark variant attempts to assemble his own Avengers in Avengers Forever #1

https://www.gamesradar.com/avengers-forever-1-preview-covers-multiverse-multiversal/

Looks interesting and reminds me a lot of the first Exiles series.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 08:24:21 PM »

I thought this was going to be another mini, and I am sure it will end up being that way when sales don't fly, but I hope it is good

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 01:44:01 AM »

I got excited with the art from the preview and the Invincible Ant-Man.  Plus Jason Aaron writing it.  Then I saw that horrible car-Ghost rider.  And that cover with a bunch of people I don’t care about.  I’ll still try it out for the reasons I got excited about.  But my skeptic brain is on full throttle.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 02:31:54 PM »

... Plus Jason Aaron writing it. 

Sadly that is another reason I am holding out on my hopes. His Avengers did very little to me. Even though I still blame my lack of elation MOSTLY on the art (and for me, that "mostly" is up around the 90% of the blame), his story should have been able to punch through that and it never did for me... save for that Moon Knight arc that was done by a different artist.
But I am also not a fan of "Ghost Driver" (you don't ride a freakin' car!!), so that didn't help either.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS