HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:23:04 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Captain America  (Read 3496 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: August 21, 2016, 03:56:37 AM »

So, as I said in the Weekly Reader, this first 6 issues of ..Humphries? Crap, can't even remember!!

Anyhoo, it seems to be a bit of a caricature of actually events. Anger at the 1%, projected in heavily forced tropes representing the far left and far right. It just seemed...silly, especially in the background of Captain Sam punching the Serpent Society.

By the way, the Serpent Solutions was AWESOME!!! I loved Viper. What a magnficent voice to the character, especially with a way to make the upper echelon of society cringe at his tactics to screw over others for financial gain. Loved it! Wish they stick around for a greater longer time. I really REALLY liked them here!

The design of the Redbird Boy/now Falcon's eyes bug me. Don't like them at all! Just weird.

But I loved this different take on the Serpent Society. Just wish all the rest of the pack would fall in order and be something other than the "other 5 guys who are all muscle and no brain."

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 12:49:38 PM »

I actually loved the Serpent stuff, but Spencer (that's the writer  Wink) takes this title continually down the "Society Realism" in this comic, and you will see as you go forward that it gets even further in, and that just gets to me. I still read it, but around issue 8 it got to the point it wasn't a "comic" anymore, it was a writer using his political views and placing them in a floppy. Yes, I know that is not unfounded  Cheesy, but the way Spencer does it, man, it is rough for me. And I agree with most if not all of what Spencer has to say, except for his total dedication to Hilary Clinton  Undecided, but in a comic where I want to just escape, this is rough.

And I say that also knowing that Captain America has been, will and needs to be THE book that does this ... he is America ... but I either need to take breaks from this book and catch up in large groups, like I do  Wink, or I need to stop watching news. I can't do both. It's depressing.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS