HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:13:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comixology Sales  (Read 52729 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2017, 12:14:26 PM »

You bet.  Smiley

I got those Secret Weapons issues. I read it at the shop, but wanted to have it. I really enjoyed that 4 issue mini and with the next one hitting soon, wanted to read the first one again.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2018, 08:22:50 PM »

SHAZAM SALE !!!!

HERE

EDIT - You can also fill out the rest of your JSA title here as well!!! They have Hawkman/related centric issues up.

YAY!!!
(Wallet says "booo")
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 08:26:52 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2018, 07:28:59 PM »

Well, so much for Marvel Two-In-One right now ... Catching up on all my Astro City needs this month HERE (almost up to date ... just missing this past issue!!!!

Hope there isn't another huge 99˘ sale until May

Of course I think Jimmy should jump on THIS one and THIS one if he hasn't tried it already  Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2018, 10:10:42 PM »

Well, so much for Marvel Two-In-One right now ... Catching up on all my Astro City needs this month HERE (almost up to date ... just missing this past issue!!!!

Hope there isn't another huge 99˘ sale until May

LOL - I was just coming to post about that sale too.   Cheesy

No way I can buy them all but since I've never read a single issue now is a great time to start. Going to go ahead and get the first series and maybe second one too.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2018, 12:25:43 PM »

Okay, some more sales are up at good 'ole Comixology but here is one that may have appeal to some here.

The 6th Gun is one of the titles that is going for a great price, so if you ever wanted to try this ghost/western story written by Cullen Bunn (one of his first three comics behind The Damned and the Great Immortal Weapons) HERE is your chance. The first seven trades are only $4 a peace, so you could get the first 41 issues for only $28 if you so choose. Only $1.47 per issue.
(Or, if you have unlimited, you could read the first six issues and try it first to decide if you want to continue  Grin)

I read the first 11 or 13 issues or so, and I do need to get back to this myself, but it was pretty fun. A story about 6 guns that have 6 different power sets for its owners is kinda cool. Especially set in the Western motif ... even though I just used "motif" poorly, don't let that hinder your decision to check out that book.
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2018, 05:30:32 PM »

Okay, some more sales are up at good 'ole Comixology but here is one that may have appeal to some here.

The 6th Gun is one of the titles that is going for a great price, so if you ever wanted to try this ghost/western story written by Cullen Bunn (one of his first three comics behind The Damned and the Great Immortal Weapons) HERE is your chance. The first seven trades are only $4 a peace, so you could get the first 41 issues for only $28 if you so choose. Only $1.47 per issue.
(Or, if you have unlimited, you could read the first six issues and try it first to decide if you want to continue  Grin)

I read the first 11 or 13 issues or so, and I do need to get back to this myself, but it was pretty fun. A story about 6 guns that have 6 different power sets for its owners is kinda cool. Especially set in the Western motif ... even though I just used "motif" poorly, don't let that hinder your decision to check out that book.
 Cheesy

I think I stopped after the first two arcs as well.  Hmmm.  Good chance to catch back up me thinks.

Edit:  Unlimited has the first 4 trades for free.  That’s the first 23 issues.  So no excuse for not trying it out if you have that!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 05:33:26 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2018, 06:10:37 PM »

Edit:  Unlimited has the first 4 trades for free.  That’s the first 23 issues.  So no excuse for not trying it out if you have that!

Yowza, no doubt!!!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2018, 01:13:16 AM »

Why haven't I tried this book?

Oh yeah. Current funds. Have I mentioned that during my wife's maternity leave we've only had paychecks for 3 weeks of the 12?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2018, 12:05:36 PM »

Well sure if you start talking about money, then ... yeah ... that may be a reason.

Ouch, 3 outta 12 will certainly bite the wallet.

Good news is you got two kids out of the deal now, so ... even when you do start getting those checks on a regular basis again, you will be feeling broke for a looooong time to come
 Wink

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2018, 12:26:27 PM »

But i think I would really like to try this book in the future.

Maybe once I'm not 4 years behind on Valiant!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2018, 01:37:57 PM »

A couple of GREAT Comixology sales this week.

First off we have one run that everyone should own or at the very least read ... but really own  Grin
Priest's Black Panther run - HERE

and even bigger, yes, even to me, a semi-fantastic Action Comics sale HERE
I only say semi-fantastic because I was hoping I could get some more of the early Legion issues on sale again (I didn't have enough funds that last time). But hey, I am still going to get some of the 80's Supes stuff.
 Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2018, 09:38:28 AM »

Well there goes having any money leftover for this weekend. All these sales are killing me.  Cheesy

Rick Remender sent out a tweet that thanks to his DEADLY CLASS "going to series at Syfy" (Another show I have to at least try), that same series is on sale at Comixology.

As I have always wanted to dive in, this seems like the best chance to at least prepare for doing so. Going to go HERE and throw down another $25 bucks.

Hopefully this is the last one for this week  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2018, 02:47:42 PM »

Well there goes having any money leftover for this weekend. All these sales are killing me.  Cheesy

Rick Remender sent out a tweet that thanks to his DEADLY CLASS "going to series at Syfy" (Another show I have to at least try), that same series is on sale at Comixology.

As I have always wanted to dive in, this seems like the best chance to at least prepare for doing so. Going to go HERE and throw down another $25 bucks.

Hopefully this is the last one for this week  Grin

I tried that series way back in the day and couldn't get into it.  Maybe it will be different for you (hopefully).

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2018, 05:14:44 PM »

I tried that series way back in the day and couldn't get into it. 

Oh, well that stinks. Though I know what you mean. I felt the same way about LOW. Sometimes the writers that you enjoy just hit on something that doesn't hit for you.  Smiley
I will give the first few issues a try and see how it goes. I heard it isn't the best early on, which doesn't bode well for me, but I remember the guys at iFanboy (I think it was) talking about even though they didn't love it at first, they got hooked and it became a very good series before they knew what was going on.  Cheesy I am not will to commit too much to a series I don't care for, so it will have to grab me pretty quickly. Thanks for the info though. You may save me some money
 Smiley

Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2018, 05:59:51 PM »

Guys, try the IMAGE18 coupon code if you need to stock up on any single issues or trades.  I just got caught up on 10 issues of the Walking Dead and 16 of Saga for about $20.  Not sure if it still works, I bought them the beginning of last week, but try it out!  Trades for a couple bucks in some cases.  Good stuff.  You try.  Try.

EDIT:  I just looked, it's good until 4/30.  BUY BUY BUY!  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS