HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:09:09 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comixology Sales  (Read 52728 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2017, 03:10:23 PM »

Couple more sales that end very soon that you may (or may not ... for you MU guys Grin) be interested in, folks.

One, that I will be adding I am sure ... once I make sure the wife allows me to as I have spent way to much this month it being my birthday "month" and all Grin ... is the 22 issues of THIS (Well, the Marvel Team-Up issues I mean)

Also want to buy the Mage stuff HERE as I didn't get into this when it first came out (90's ... *shiver*) but am interested in the idea of Excalibur being in a baseball bat  Cheesy plus I have plans on checking out more than just the "zero" issue of this upcoming and last volume of the title, so I would think I would enjoy a little back story. Maybe I will, but ... yeah ... I doubt it, not right now.
 Cry

EDIT - Wow, okay, forget the Mage stuff now. I didn't see all those older Amazing Spidey books they have for sale at first glance. Not only the Death of Gwen related 3 issues, but 20 or so issues before that as well!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 03:18:12 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2017, 03:45:58 PM »

Yeah but what I remember from Reading those 20 issues before the death, is that most of those issues are kind of really trash and garbage. Gwen cries Peters upset lame villains are being introduced, things are just kind of cycling and spiraling around the same events of just Gwen crying and I can't handle Spider-Man nonsense.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2017, 08:33:18 PM »

Really?
Now I am not the biggest Stan Lee dialog fan, and yes, Gerry Conway's Smasher must be considered for top non-worthy rogue  Cheesy, but having Sr on the art is always worth 99¢ for me. Plus I tend to enjoy Roy Thomas stuff, when I am feeling nostalgic, especially with Gil Kane art

Yep, those are fine memories for me

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2017, 12:18:05 AM »

For me, it was the start of "Stan's about run out of his Spidey Shtick".

You also had the Gibbon appear.

But seriously, Peter and Gwen together was awful. Her dying was the best thing ever for the character.

But for me, I read these issues as the Black and White Essentials volumes. Art? Just awesome, just awesome. But Gerry Conway just wasn't Stan in his prime.

But man, memories? Memories are the sweetest thing about comics as a kid.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2017, 01:01:30 AM »

Oh I hear ya. I just can't read a ton of Stan's older (newer) stuff and his earlier (older) stuff I have to be in the right frame of mind ... what that frame is exactly I have no idea
 Grin

But I also agree on Conway (and Gwen). Conway was a good idea man for Marvel, in his short FF run especially, but hit and miss ration for writing is well established, for me at least.
 Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2017, 10:01:13 AM »

Well I'm going broke. Was going to try and get out with just the Electra Saga run and the Nocenti run, but as I scroll down ... yeah, don't see it happening.

Join me in my bankruptcy?
 Cheesy Cheesy

DD Sale

ENDS TONIGHT AT 11PM Eastern Time

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2017, 11:22:24 PM »

One Day Comixology DC/Metal / Batman related sale

Holy crap. There goes the Vegas money!!

And Jeff, if you want it, not that you should get it, but it is a fun read, they also have the Return of Bruce Wayne run up there for 99 cent each.

HERE

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2017, 10:57:45 AM »

Exiles?

Comixology having a huge Exiles sale and I am wondering if I should buy the run? All of it? Half of it? Just the first 20 issues? I have read some issues of this, but never a large run or even an arc. In-fact I think the first arc of this was suppose to be our first "HR Reads" that we never really got going ... surprisingly
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Any help here? I figure if I am going to piss off the wife, I may as well do it in the most minimal way I can
 Cheesy

EDIT - of course NOW I see the Strangers in Paradise sale as well and I may have to get some of those as well
(so hopefully the Exiles run isn't deserving of total buy through?)
 Cheesy Cheesy
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:02:54 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2017, 12:17:19 PM »

I loved Exiles back in the day.  I'm not sure it will stand the test if time or not but it was great in the day.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2017, 01:24:40 PM »

Hmmm, okay, one vote for "good at the time, and still may be good, but not sure."
 Smiley

Thank you , sir.  Cool

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2017, 10:16:56 PM »

Black Friday Sale at Comixology -

Before you go spend all your money on loved ones this Christmas, go broke and get some digital comics.
 Cheesy

Now while most of us will pick up a couple (or a lot possibly  Shocked) of DC trades at around 60-88% off found HERE, I offer another alternative as well.
A lil' book by Delcourt called Deepwater Prison found HERE (just scroll down to the third set). Now I have not read this particular series yet ... yet  Smiley ... but it is by a guy named Christophe Bec and I have enjoyed a couple different series from him (Olympus Mons and Promethee ... or Prometheus depending on where you get it) so I am jumping in on this as well. But please note that those are single issues though, so you are not getting a big trade for that price, but most of the Delcourt books are at least 40 pages so ...

Anyway, happy buying!!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2017, 05:57:55 AM »

I’m actually kind of mad at them on this sale.  So I pre-ordered Wonder Woman Vol 3 for $12.99. They don’t charge you until it’s released and it was released today and was immediately part of this sale at the great price of $4.99.  They charged me $12.99.  😡

Feels like I ripped off.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2017, 11:17:50 AM »

I’m actually kind of mad at them on this sale.  So I pre-ordered Wonder Woman Vol 3 for $12.99. They don’t charge you until it’s released and it was released today and was immediately part of this sale at the great price of $4.99.  They charged me $12.99.  😡

Feels like I ripped off.

Email them. They should honor the lower price just as any brick and mortar store. Or at least the better!!!!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2017, 01:37:22 AM »

Huge Valiant sale at Comixology.

Time for everyone here to get on with this company.

Save up to 67% HERE

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2017, 02:08:04 AM »

Huge Valiant sale at Comixology.

Time for everyone here to get on with this company.

Save up to 67% HERE

Thanks Perry!  I picked up the ones on my wish list that were on sale.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS