HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:52:33 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comixology Sales  (Read 52725 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 01:23:13 PM »

I'm not sure if your on their email list or not but you should be.  I got a special $20 off coupon from them yesterday with a $30 minimum purchase.  So I picked up $45 worth of DC for $25. That's a win folks.

CRAP!! I gotta go check my spam folder!!!

What did you get? Any complete mini's or just some issues here and there?

And thanks for the "Elite" info. That tells me something for sure. I suppose if it wasn't worth keeping on a cut down list it was THAT impressive. Maybe good, but not THAT good  Grin Hopefully Jimmy will be able to tell me if it is worth $12.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2017, 02:55:29 PM »

Phew! Still there! Now to get caught up on the Fix, Descender volume 4(??), some other Image book or something!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2017, 04:35:35 PM »

CRAP!! I gotta go check my spam folder!!!

What did you get? Any complete mini's or just some issues here and there?

I'm also a member of ComiXology Unlimited which could be why I got the email as well.

I got these to try and catch up on some of my DC.

Red Hood and the Outlaws (2016-) Vol. 1: Dark Trinity - Collects Red Hood and the Outlaws: Rebirth (2016) and Red Hood and the Outlaws (2016) #1-6.

Superman - Action Comics (2016-) Vol. 2: Welcome to the Planet - Collecting ACTION COMICS #963-966 and an introductory tale from JUSTICE LEAGUE #52, SUPERMAN: ACTION COMICS VOL. 2 - WELCOME TO THE PLANET

Batman - Detective Comics (2016-) Vol. 2: The Victim Syndicate - Collects DETECTIVE COMICS #943-949.

Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) #11      
Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) #12      
Hal Jordan and The Green Lantern Corps (2016-) #13   

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 12:08:42 AM »

I bought!!!!

Descender vol 4
Chrononauts vol 1
Seven to Eternity vol 1
The Fix vol 2

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 12:33:10 AM »

Red Hood and the Outlaws

One of the biggest surprises for me. Really enjoyed this comic until they shifted artists. Unreadable for me now
 Embarrassed

Seven to Eternity vol 1

I have still only read the first issue  Shocked but I am trying to collect a butt ton of these before I go on. Well, at least until it reaches issue 10 or so. It is still one of the most exciting universes in comics for me. The rule of honor, the transportation method, all of it, just wows me. It's like Dune for me, in so far as the wonderment. Can't wait to read issue #2
 Cheesy
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2017, 02:16:01 PM »

So Comixology is having an Andy Kuburt Sale (the better of the Kubert brothers in my opinion  Smiley ... even though Andy's style looks more like his dads) and I seen a title I have not thought about for years HERE - Arion: Lord of Atlantis

Two things

1 - I have to admit Comixology confused the hell out of me at first. Each issue of this series kept saying Jan Dureseman did the art and I was getting all confused as to why this title was in the Andy Kubert sale section. I mean why is it here when he didn't draw it? But it seems yes, indeed, he was a part of this title ... he was the letterer for those issues.
 Cheesy

2 - Does anyone have knowledge or memories of this series? I remember it coming out and I kinda remember reading a couple issues here and there back in the day, but I don't know if it is a good one or not? Is it worth the $1 to get issues 11-30 or even for a few issues?

Thanks guys!!
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2017, 04:22:54 PM »

So Comixology is having an Andy Kuburt Sale (the better of the Kubert brothers in my opinion  Smiley ... even though Andy's style looks more like his dads) and I seen a title I have not thought about for years HERE - Arion: Lord of Atlantis

Two things

1 - I have to admit Comixology confused the hell out of me at first. Each issue of this series kept saying Jan Dureseman did the art and I was getting all confused as to why this title was in the Andy Kubert sale section. I mean why is it here when he didn't draw it? But it seems yes, indeed, he was a part of this title ... he was the letterer for those issues.
 Cheesy

2 - Does anyone have knowledge or memories of this series? I remember it coming out and I kinda remember reading a couple issues here and there back in the day, but I don't know if it is a good one or not? Is it worth the $1 to get issues 11-30 or even for a few issues?

Thanks guys!!
 Smiley

Oh yeah - I loved Arion back in the day.  I remember it being fun to read but can't remember how it ended.  Of course, that was a million years ago and I have no idea if it holds up but I may just got get those to see. 

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2017, 05:29:23 PM »

Hmmmm cool
Perhaps I shall as well (Wish they had the fist 10 issues for sale)
 Undecided

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2017, 06:47:57 PM »

Hmmmm cool
Perhaps I shall as well (Wish they had the fist 10 issues for sale)
 Undecided

Good point.  If I grab anything it would probably be issues 1 & 2 just to make sure I still like it.  (Like I have the time to add another title to my reading list.)

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 07:41:36 PM »

Good point.  If I grab anything it would probably be issues 1 & 2 just to make sure I still like it. 

Ahhh, that would be smart. Yeah, yeah.  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2017, 06:45:36 PM »

A nice BOGO sale on DC comics going on until the 23rd for those that would like to catch up on some DC titles at half the price  Wink

Click HERE

And some great, great, great Black Hammer comics for only 99¢ a piece as well, for those that want to jump on this series for a nice price  Wink
Click THIS ONE

Celebrate my birthday by buying a lot of these comics for your digital library!!
 Cheesy  Smiley Cool

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2017, 07:20:58 PM »

Sweet!  I hadn't picked up Black Hammer 9 or 10 yet.  Now I have them both for under $2!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2017, 08:53:01 PM »

Sweet!  I hadn't picked up Black Hammer 9 or 10 yet.  Now I have them both for under $2!

Don't forget the annual or special, whatever it is called

Wink

Edit - it is, of course, how could it not be, a "Giant Sized Annual"  Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:54:37 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2017, 09:47:39 PM »

Sweet!  I hadn't picked up Black Hammer 9 or 10 yet.  Now I have them both for under $2!

Don't forget the annual or special, whatever it is called

Wink

Edit - it is, of course, how could it not be, a "Giant Sized Annual"  Cheesy

Oh!  Thanks for the save!  Got it now too!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2017, 01:10:18 AM »

Oh!  Thanks for the save!  Got it now too!

You bet!!  Smiley
Where they had it listed it was easy to miss.  Undecided

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS