HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:21:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comixology Sales  (Read 52732 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 13, 2016, 03:08:54 PM »

8/13/2016

The Woods -
Well I see that Comixology Unlimited has the first four issues of James Tynion's THE WOODS, so if anyone read those and liked it, the rest of the series (up to the current #22) is on sale for 99¢ each.

Outcast -
Also on Unlimited are the first 6 issues of Kirkman's OUTCAST, so if you liked that the rest of the series (up to 18 ... 19 just hit a few weeks ago) is up there for the usual 99¢
I have watched the first 3 episodes of the show and have always wondered if the comic reads/feels the same. But I will hold off for now.

Other stuff -
They also have an IDW Crossover special. The only things I would kinda be interested in are the Star Trek crossovers (Legion, Green Lantern and Planet of the Apes) but they have some more if any of you guys and gals are in for it.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 01:47:58 PM »

8/19/2016

Love me some Galactus, but never read these first four comics "The Hunger" found on Comixology HERE
Was this any good? Is it on MU?

They also have that Jeff Lemire DC work still on sale HERE and I am thinking hard about those Animal Man and Frankenstien issues (and hey, they have some Superboy issues also!!  Cheesy)

And if I didn't have these in HC form, I would be all over this. I know Jeff and Jimmy also enjoy this book so I can only advise you to give them a try.
(Man, I really need to find some time to catch up with this series, but I would have to start all the way at the beginning to remember what the heck is going on  Cheesy)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 02:52:36 PM »

Oh man. How am I gonna resist THIS?

I tell ya what, if they do this again for the next 125 issues, there is no way, no way I could resist. But while this stuff is so important to the comics world, while stealing borrowing from DC's Challengers of the Unknown  Wink, I am still not a fan of Stan Lee's writing. Not just because of the older style, but ... I don't know. Stan's Spidey is ... better, but just never really liked his FF.
*dodges tomatoes*
Not sure how I can let go of this, but ... Man, this is a tough one!!!! That early Kirby Marvel work and my favorite team!?!?! Aaarrrrhhhh

Still, if I get this and then they put up the next 125 issues at 99¢ ... I will not be able to get them ... not while still keeping my marriage intact.
 Cheesy Cheesy
 Crap/ This is tough.
But still, regardless ... better start putting my money away for the next big sale. FF or not!!!
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 08:50:24 PM »

I haven't looked yet but if all of those are on MU then it would be cheaper to join that.   Cool

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 11:17:22 PM »

Grin
Too true.

I just hate that feeling of just borrowing, even though that is how I get 99% of my reading now  Cheesy Cheesy

But your point is valid. You talked me off the ledge.
 Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 06:20:13 PM »

Bye-Bye money
 Cheesy

Plus, I think the first series of THIS has two out of my top ten comic covers ever with its issues #8 and #15.

Two covers that I can stare at for hours.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 05:37:15 PM »

Lots of specials this week-End

DC BOGO sale on Rebirth #1 issues and one-shots. Have something you missed or want to try? this is a great way to do it.

CLICK ME before Monday night
 Smiley
EDIT - And don't forget, that buy one get one only counts towards the #1 Rebirth issues. Please read the code coupon carefully!!

Image sale. Lots of trades for $4. Want to try Brian K Vaughn's Papergirls? Or Manifest Destiny?  Rucka's Black Magik or Lazarus? Well HERE is your chance (also ends the 28th)

This one, with the Mignola Universe stuff, is gonna hurt me I think. Click HERE and feel my pain  Grin

And if that one doesn't force my wife to make a change at the husband position  Cheesy I think THIS may very well do it. A fantastic memory of my younger days. I lived in my car then too, so I am prepared for the backlash.
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 05:39:04 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 08:56:59 PM »

Damn you Perry!  You know I can't resist a sale like this.  But I guess you saved me 50% in the long run so that's actually pretty cool.   Grin

Picked up all of these:

Batgirl & the Birds of Prey: Rebirth 1 - $2.99
Teen Titans: Rebirth 1 - FREE!
Trinity 1 - $2.99
New Superman 1 - FREE!
Raven 1 - $2.99
Unfollow 1 - FREE!
Unfollow 2 - $2.99
Unfollow 3 - FREE!
Unfollow 4 - $2.99
Unfollow 5 - FREE!
Unfollow 6 - $2.99
Unfollow 7 - FREE!
Unfollow 8 - $3.99
Unfollow 9 - FREE!
Unfollow 10 - $3.99
Unfollow 11 - FREE!
Unfollow 12 - $3.99
Unfollow 13 - FREE!
Detective Comics (1937) 34 - $1.99
Detective Comics (1937) 35 - FREE!
Detective Comics (1937) 36 - $1.99
Detective Comics (1937) 37 - FREE!
Lazarus TPB Vol 4 "Poison" - $4.99

$80.00 worth of comics/trades for $38.00!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 09:04:23 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 03:17:30 PM »

Damn you Perry!  

Cheesy I hear ya, buddy.

You did grab some great stuff for that price you paid. I'm glad the sale wasn't JUST for the Rebirth stuff, like that code stated. That is cool!!!

I just wish you would have gotten New Superman #2 as well as that is when the title starts to reveal itself. The "star", the "Superman", is basically just shown as a jerk in issue #1, only to set-up the change he has to go through. It is such a good title, kinda like the old JLI stuff, in a way, with the humor I mean, but I understand you not jumping in with both feet at first
 Smiley

Unfollow is a title that is wowing lots of peeps, along with Clean Room, which I hear is also very good. I have the issues waiting for me, but just don't have the time to get to them yet ... but ... if you say Unfollow is good ...
Well, let me know what you think and I will go from there.
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 08:00:26 PM »

I just wish you would have gotten New Superman #2 as well as that is when the title starts to reveal itself. The "star", the "Superman", is basically just shown as a jerk in issue #1, only to set-up the change he has to go through. It is such a good title, kinda like the old JLI stuff, in a way, with the humor I mean, but I understand you not jumping in with both feet at first
 Smiley

The way I read the offer you couldn't get anything from Rebirth beyond the first issues or I would have grabbed them all plus Action Comics.  They are both in my Wish List so I do plan to get to them.

Unfollow is a title that is wowing lots of peeps, along with Clean Room, which I hear is also very good. I have the issues waiting for me, but just don't have the time to get to them yet ... but ... if you say Unfollow is good ...
Well, let me know what you think and I will go from there.
 Cheesy

They will be in my reading list for next week so I'll be letting you know sooner rather than later.   Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 12:42:02 PM »

Well looks like I'm gonna play the Flash and burn through about $40 in record time.

Flash "rogues" comics on sale for 99¢ each.  Smiley

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

bye-bye money
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 05:10:12 PM »

Well looks like I'm gonna play the Flash and burn through about $40 in record time.

Flash "rogues" comics on sale for 99¢ each.  Smiley

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

bye-bye money
 Grin

I saw that. But since I blew a wad on the Wolfman Perez Titans sale I have no money to spend!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 10:35:53 AM »

So there is a sale on some Justice League books ... Justice League Elite, a 12 issue maxi is one of them. Worth the time? Is it worth $12 (to be more precise)?
Issue One

Anyone?
 Smiley

EDIT -
Nevermind the edit. I was linking to Lady Killer, but I thought it was the first four issue series. They have the second series for sale but only the first four issues. Which is worth it, if you are going to buy the entire first 4 issue series (which you should) and going to buy the second 5 issue series, but the last issue, the 5th issue, is not out yet sooooo
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 10:43:31 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2017, 11:46:06 AM »

I seem to remember dropping Elite before it was done but but that might have been due to number of titles I was buying and not necessarily the quality of the book. I can't say for sure.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2017, 11:49:52 AM »

I'm not sure if your on their email list or not but you should be.  I got a special $20 off coupon from them yesterday with a $30 minimum purchase.  So I picked up $45 worth of DC for $25. That's a win folks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS