HR Boards
December 13, 2017, 02:07:15 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the latest PREVIEWS!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ranking the Rebirth  (Read 1864 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2017, 06:32:20 AM »

Still have way too much to catch up on to rate/rank the lists as a whole, but to piggyback off Jeff and Jimbo -

Yes!! Priest on Justice League (what should be the main DC book anyway) is a no brainer. I will jump on that like a President Bush on a butt.
( Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy too soon? Too heartless? Too uncaring? Look, I get it, it is bad, he should be punished, ashamed and it should never happen to any woman, but "Assault"? Come on!!!)

If the artist coming on after my boy Sejic does interiors anywhere close to the pictures I have seen of his work, it is at least going to look amazing. I can't say DC isn't trying to make this book look stellar!! (Psst, Marvel, THIS is how you do it)

Need to get a good run of Detective, Hal, Hood, New Supes, Robinson's WW (have to try) and my god I need to get on Super-Sons again!!!
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2017, 09:17:51 AM »

Well, I gave it a long 'thinky' this weekend and I am now no longer going to try and read as many comics as I currently try/hope to read. I am just getting too far behind on the comics I truly enjoy by constantly checking in on various titles or trying new things (which is funny considering what you will read in a second ... haha).
With DC, I had to cut the bi-weekly books by half and also decided to pause my reading on other titles as well. I will no longer try and read:
(The bi-Weekly books)
Action Comics
Superman
Flash
Wonder Woman
(also now going to not peek into)
Titans
Hellblazer
Red Hood
That last one was a tough call for me as it was between New Super-Man and the Hood folks, but while it is still around I want to try and keep up with New Supes. I can't say I enjoy it "more", but I do enjoy it and think its time is limited, so want to stick with it while it is still around)

Another reason I am doing this drop run (also dropping some Marvel and more) is that DC will soon have those 6 new titles hitting that I want to get ready to try.
 Cheesy
Damage, The Immortal Men, The Silencer (The least enticing of the group for me), The Terrifics (!!!!!), New Challengers and Sideways are titles I have to try and if I like ... man ... I will be in trouble if I don't stop trying to read so much. I can't do it now, much less when I add more to the pile. I really need to get down to about 20 to 30 comics a month, but it is soooo damn hard!!!
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2017, 06:54:06 PM »

Day-um, that's some cut down there Perry!!

Just as I was thinking, maybe MORE DC for me, if not that, well, I need more Valiant catching up!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2017, 07:30:28 AM »

Day-um, that's some cut down there Perry!!

Its those damn bi-weekly books.  Cheesy Okay, not just them, but they are helping in killing me. Haha. Trying to keep up with them all and then I get frustrated looking at all the issues I need to read, knowing how little time I get to read and I start feeling like I do't want to read anything.

I never thought I would hate a title coming out every other week but here I am. You think that if I read just 8 DC books I would be fine but when that 8 is 16 issues and then add a few more to that and BAM, suddenly I have 26 issues a month to read just from DC.

Add in the 20 or so from Marvel that I try to keep up with (now down to 12), the Valiant issues (all of them) and the occasional Image (although I have put a halt on most of those to read in huge chunks!!) and a couple other publisher's titles here and there (like Black Hammer!!) and I am up to like 70 issues a month. I can usually only get 40 or so in a month (most times) and I just keep feeling like ... well ... I am starting not to enjoy reading as I feel I am never going to get my feet under me.

I have to cut books, even ones I like, to start getting back "into" the ones I really love (Like Black Hammer!  Grin)

It sucks that I like so many books.
 Cheesy Cheesy
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2017, 10:22:16 AM »

I feel the same way Perry which is one of the reasons (the other being cost) that I cut my list down too.  I'm doing better though still not quite there.  My goal is to get caught up by December or I'll cut some more.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS