HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 11:38:40 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ranking the Rebirth  (Read 30761 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2018, 10:12:05 PM »

Okay, trying this again
 Cheesy

Got back on board Action and Superman (I was out for about two issues of each, I think) and while that Superman issue I was talking about liking (the same one Jimmy also enjoyed) is still on my mind, I just don't know where to rank them honestly. I keep thinking about Bendis, and ... well ... I am glad DC is allowing the creative teams to "finish" their runs by giving them an "arc ending Special" issue
 Undecided

01 - Mister Miracle - My favorite DC book right now. Best use of the 3 main factors in comic creating- writing, art, colors.
02 - Doomsday CLock - An incredible recreation/original comic happening before my eyes.
03 - Justice League of America - Really digging this arc. totally agree with Jimmy here. A unique title voice here with Priest
04 - The Wildstorm - Not sure I should count this or not, but a top 5 DC book is what it is so, here it is. Ignore if needed
05 - Batman - The Worlds Finest arc is the ONLY reason this is back this high. Love King, but his Batman ... HIS BATMAN!
06 - Michael Cray - May as well throw this here too. Deserves the spot, don't get me wrong, just not sure if it should count
07 - Deathstroke - would have been 3rd before I read that last Annual. Ugh, still shaking from that issue. Not good.
08 - Titans - I know, I know, I am just as shocked as you. But the last 2 or 3 issues have felt like old times. Pelletier helps
09 - Detective Comics - Tragic comics always end up lower for me and this has been sad lately  Grin
10 - Aquaman - Still a beautiful comic and though it IS dragging a tad, I am still here enjoying the ride
11 - Super Sons - Dropped way down after that horrible x-over crap, but I know the potential is still there
12 - Superman - That "caring" issue really hit home for me. Jumped this title up a spot or two for sure.
13 - Hal Jordan - Just started to get into this and then ... Zod  Undecided ...  Grin. Okay, yes, still pretty good, or at least decent
14 - Silencer - Another title I am not sure if I should place here. Really just okay. May be dropped next issue anyway.
15 - Sideways - again, like Silencer, not sure this belongs, nor will last, but the Rocafort art sure does!!!
16 - Metal - Not a good "event", at all, but want to see it through. Better now that I read more "tie-ins"  Angry Angry Angry
17 - Nightwing - Actually really good arc, top ten DC maybe, but going to drop in another two issues, soooooo
18 - Action Comics - Meh, just trying to see how it ends, really  Tongue
19 - Batman and the Signal - Yawn
20 - Damage - Yep, a comic even below Action in my eyes. Wow, that was rough. DC's Hulk without the charm  Cheesy Cheesy

I really am waiting until they are done, but I am looking forward to getting into the following DC mini's and hope to see them on the list next time around -

The Demon: Hell is Earth
Deadman
Black Lightning
Batman: Creature (or Creatures ..??) of the Night
Batman: White Knight
Mera: Queen of Atlantis (spoilers for Aquaman, yeha?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy)
Ragman

Hope they are all winners. I know Jeff is diggin on the Deadman one. Hope the rest are just as good or at least interesting.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2018, 10:31:44 PM »

I just finished latest Detective 974.  This is my #1 now.  And yes Perry, it is a tragic tragic end but so well written.  Actually stirred up emotions for me which comics rarely do anymore.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 04:41:20 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2018, 02:20:46 AM »

It is good, I just ... I don't know ... the Batwoman thing kinda got to me. I think they may be going down a road they may regret with her.

Which I guess is better, actually, than just another "Bat".

Infact, Hell, I convinced myself ... now I am hoping for it.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2018, 01:37:44 AM »

Super Sons is canceled after issue #16
 Angry Angry Angry Angry

And Sorry, Jeff. Tynion leaving Detective as well
 Angry

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2018, 02:24:48 AM »

DAMMIT

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2018, 04:19:36 PM »

As for Super Sons ... I am hoping, that maybe, they are just changing the name? Maybe? Hopefully?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2018, 05:27:04 PM »

Super Sons is canceled after issue #16
 Angry Angry Angry Angry

And Sorry, Jeff. Tynion leaving Detective as well
 Angry

Ironically I had decided to drop Super Sons and didn't pick up this weeks issue.  Makes me wonder if I should go ahead and finish out the series.  Hmmmm.  Four more issues?  Yeah, I can afford to finish it out.

Bummed about Tynion leaving Detective.  I hate to lose my favorite DC title.  But I'll with hold judgement until I see who the new team is.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2018, 09:53:02 AM »

Cool
YAY!!!!

@PeterJTomasi
 Feb 20
Wow! The love and sadness for Super Sons being cancelled is knocking me out! So, before too much time passes let me be the first to tell you that I’m not done with our two favorite boys and new news will be forthcoming soon!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS