HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 11:23:16 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SUPERWOMAN  (Read 14202 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 12, 2016, 01:32:05 PM »

Whoa-boy!!! That was fun.

Yes, Jimmy, you must buy this.

I really don't want to say much at all because something happened in this comic that I did not know about. Did not know DC was doing, so I don't want to speak on it until I know it is/was common knowledge. Maybe I was just out of the loop? All I knew about was Lois Lane was going to be Superwoman. But ... yeah ... I really can't speak more on this other than to say for $2.99 a month, I am all over this title. This was good. Really impressed by Phil Jimenez writing here.

The art, also by Jimenez, was just like all Jimenez art. Ever since I first saw his stuff it has always looked like George Perez penciled the art and then it was inked by Klaus Janson and then inked again by Mark Texeira  Grin I don't mean that as a slam, but he uses such large pencil lines at times it really does look like that. Jimenez even uses some Perez styles with panels. It really is kinda cool. From his "belly-button view" camera shots, looking up peoples noses, from the angle of character's mouths ... like this -

... all the way to his half-face panels like this -

Hahaha
Very Perez like, yeah? I love it!!! Sorry I didn't take any of the dark-look inks, but hey, you'll just have to try it to see I guess.
 Cheesy

Anyway, I think you guys should try this book, it just sucks that I don't know if I can tell ya why.
 Cheesy

(All images property of DC Comics)
 Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 01:59:35 PM »

It's in my list to read this week. That will be great if we get a sleeper hit!  Red Hood has surprised me already.  It will be great if this does too.  It's the return of the 2nd Tier players!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 01:39:49 AM »

I loved it! I really did! How did I not see or know

that Lana was another Superwoman?! Great move!!

Had a great time reading a thorough, multi-layered story, with a lot of good, moving parts that played so well off of each other.  Art looked really good, and I realliy enjoyed everyone's looks too. And what a cool cliffhanger moment at story's end! A wonderful issue! I will definitely keep up with this!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 01:14:20 PM »

Don't you read that spoiler, Jeff !!! I didn't want to even tempt you.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 08:14:33 PM »

I was saving it for my grand finale of reading but sounds like I need to move it up the top!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 08:43:13 PM »

I was saving it for my grand finale of reading but sounds like I need to move it up the top!

Smiley Honestly it isn't that important, well kinda, but it was certainly a surprise in the issue that I had no idea about and it makes sense with what happened ... in another title.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 12:23:48 AM »

WHAT....THE....FRAK???!!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I love it when a book surprises me.  Dammit.  I never planned on picking this up long term.

I'm in!!!!!!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 02:33:09 AM »

RIGHT?! How cool was this issue to read, and be genuinely startled by it?  Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 02:48:32 AM »

Totally took me by surprise and in a good way. Great twist that made me want to read more. Totally cool!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 01:18:23 PM »

I only knew that Lois was Superwoman but
when Lana also became one, and one similar to Supes old Electric Blue/Red suit
, I was blown the hell away. And then the ending? That ending!!! I mean
I wonder if that is truly the end of this Lois, but maybe. Makes it easier than having one non-powered and one powered one in the same Universe, but it also would be kinda cool. Either way, that is one hell of an ending, killing the supposed star of your book at issue #1
Cheesy Cheesy

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 02:28:18 PM »

What were your thoughts on the second issue?
I was floored to see that Ultrawoman is

Lena Luthor!!!
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 05:32:03 PM »

I liked the second issue as well.  They're building up a nice story here and I love the twists.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 06:11:24 PM »

I enjoyed this, but not as much as the first issue. My only complaint with it was the way it seemed as though months had past since the ladies were transformed. I mean Lex was even asking about Lana like ... I don't know ... did I miss something? Was there a time jump in-between when the ladies were first transformed? There almost had to be something I missed because even the Steel parts seemed like Lana had been this way for awhile now.

I just must have missed something. Was it in this issue or the first one?
 Grin Grin

I could have sworn there had only been like a day since everything happened.

Spoilers below. My memory of the first two issues :

Issue 1
Talky talk
BOOM
Hey, Superwomen
Trouble !!
Fight
One turned to stone/dust

issue 2
Lana continues fight
Ship attacks shore due to hacking
Help needed. Hey Steel
Talk with Lana
Lex's Spy/Traitor
Reveal of baddie

Thought this was all in a day or two
 Cheesy

Where did I screw up?
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

It was issue one wasn't it?
 Undecided

EDITed - Not as much as the FIRST issue. I had typed "second" Haha
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 07:30:43 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 06:50:17 PM »

The origin stuff in issue 1 was in flashback so I do think some time has passed since the powers developed.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 07:29:16 PM »

Cheesy
Wow, I totally missed that. I thought stuff was happening "live" (so to say). That is what I get. Trying to rush through crap at the shop
 Angry

No wonder I was confused with the pacing this issue  Cheesy

Okay, I take my complaint back
 Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS