HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:05:20 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Marvel Unlimited on Windows PC/Laptop  (Read 5508 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 31, 2016, 02:33:11 AM »

My battery died on my iPad so while it's charging I thought I would just read some MU on my laptop.  Thing is, when I login to MU in my web browser, I can't find my library.  I can see "New Releases" and "Popular this Month" but no "My Library".  So I can't read anything.

Anyone else using a PC to read MU and having the same problem?  Has anything changed?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 01:29:30 PM »

No, it's super goofy now to find and track through the website to get to it.

I have to go to my Account, then My Comic Lists on the side Bar, then you get to a page where there's a tab of My Must Reads, and then there it is.

Why it is this way? I can't fathom.... Lips sealed

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 02:42:45 PM »

Thank Jimmy.  Wow. That is crazy. Can't be that hard to make it similar to the app.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 09:14:56 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 03:34:28 PM »

Like most apps, its all different. My wife compains that all her great and impressive "Farm Hero Saga" work she does away from home, counts towards nothing when she gets home and fires up her laptop.
 Cheesy
Always wondered if having a "Windows" based OC tablet/phone would cure this, but I doubt it.

Is your laptop also an Apple/Mac, Jeff?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 09:16:06 PM »

Laptop is Windows.  It's a website design thing.  They really need to get someone to re-design it.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 12:29:15 AM »

Right, I was just wondering if having an Apple phone and a Mac computer (or a Windows phone and Windows computer) would allow a straight forward, exact copy of the site. If the App would join or merge more easily. I knew you had the iPhone so I took a chance.
 Smiley
Alas, I still don't know if that would make things different. I suspect not however with the whole "App vs Site" aspect.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 02:03:35 AM »

The app on my phone has the update, and it's smooth sailing.

For whatever reason, my small tablet does not resemble my phone app's interface, and it's the older, clunkier version of the app. *sigh* but I'm not reading comics on my phone!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 06:00:08 PM »

yea, the website reading and organizer is far inferior to the android version.  the new updates for android have been great but the website does not appear to get any of those.  if you are looking for the lastest releases you can go to the new release page and then switch to MCU feed.  otherwise all the library.must reads lists are under your profile settings on the left hand nav bar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS