HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:42:48 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JUSTICE LEAGUE - REBIRTH  (Read 9128 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 29, 2016, 06:31:29 PM »

Issue #1 (regular ongoing)

Just read this. Came away kinda not feeling it. Not enough to jump off, but not really blown away either. Kinda of a middle of the road book. But it is early.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 10:10:32 PM »

Agreed.  I felt the same way.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 08:18:28 PM »

Issue #2

Halfway through this issue I was thinking the book was slightly better. Not by much, but a little bit better. Then we get to that ... that ...
huge glowing, 'unified or merged like' creature near Atlantis
and I got F'n chills. THIS is what I want. This felt like the old League. The pre 80's League. It was soooo damn cool!!!

8 outta 10 "Oh boy, what's coming next"s

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 02:25:19 AM »

I still not completely on board yet but this was better.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 01:08:19 PM »

... but this was better.

That is the feeling I had until I overreacted to that ... thing I covered in the spoiler  Cheesy for some reason that just hit me like "Oh yeah!!! This is gonna be cool!!!"

They could still blow it, however  Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 12:08:21 PM »

Issue #3

Man, once again there is just one page that saves this issue for me (the four standing in a circle). This can't continue. I can't go through 99% of the book feeling kinda bored and then hit one page that makes me go "... Ohhhh?" and get hooked back in again. The book isn't really that good, but it grabs me with one image each and every issue. That is not a reason to keep going, but I will try #4 because ... yeah, that reason.
 Angry

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 02:53:57 AM »

I still only plan to get this in discounted trade format.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 01:07:38 PM »

I still only plan to get this in discounted trade format.

And you need not do it any other way. In fact, depending on how this goes next issue, I may end up pointing you away from this.

There is seriously something very cool going on, gets my "ooohhhhs" going when I see certain panels, but the getting there is ... I don't know, not as fun as it should be? Or not as interesting? I know you're a fan of Tony Daniel (and so am I) so that helps, but not sure it is enough to carry the price of a trade. Although Instock always has that price that makes almost any book worth a go, huh?
 Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 12:33:39 PM »

.... but I will try #4 because ... yeah, that reason.
 Angry

Aaaaannnnnnd I'm out.

I can no longer try to read this horrible, out of character dialog and try to hold onto this boring, yet at the same time confusing, ass dialog. I feel we are still at issue number one yet, this feels like we've been reading this for 9 issues.

And I am wondering if this is a Dr. Manhatten reference, in a way Huh Are these guys suppose to be ... oh I don't know.

This is suppose to be DC's flagship title yet Finch is NOT the writer to be writing it. I am off until Finch is gone.
Done.

2 outta 10 Circle Jerks
 Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 12:42:23 PM »

I think I just saved $2.99.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 01:53:24 PM »

Oh yeah, do not, even though you may (rightfully) want to, buy this series ... yet.

I don't care how important it MAY end up being.

And I say it may be important only because it is the Justice League, for one, and those four characters that have appeared ... but they may not be anything in the grand scheme of things anyway so ... no, ya know what? Even if they are ... just avoid this crap.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 04:54:41 PM »

Ya know....I can be a big doofus.

If I didn't like ANYTHING about the Finchs' writing of Wonder Woman, why would I think it would be good here, when I hear lots of bad press?

Nope, I'm not bothering with it!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 05:39:16 PM »

I think DC got something wrong.

THIS title, this arc, under the pen of Priest, is what METAL should have been. THIS is the grand DC "event" (that isn't an event) that should have been, not that laughable (Batmanium), confusion'fest called Metal that I have suffered through so far.

Anyone not reading this is missing exactly that, the best JL(A) story since Morrison's JLA way back in the day.

Great stuff. Great!!!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS