HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 04:01:08 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WONDER WOMAN  (Read 20525 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2017, 10:56:24 AM »

For me, the scene really rang untrue for how a man from 1916 would act.

Good point!!!!

Perry; you hate Chris Pine that much? LOL I honestly really don't care; as there are actors that I spit into open air when you mention their names (Drew Barrymore! Pft!), but what's your dig on him? Just curious.

No, no. I don't hate him. I just don't think he is a great ... or an especially good actor. I have never enjoyed his acting in any movie other than Trek and that is only because I can enjoy him and relate to him as Kirk, as it kinda reminds me of how Shatner used to "act"  Cheesy I don't hate him or his acting (non)ability, but he is far down on my list of good actors is all. He is serviceable in some roles, but I would have liked someone else as Steve, but it didn't overly effect my enjoyment of the movie.

Although had it been a bad movie, which I am glad it wasn't, he would have certainly caught more of my wrath and blame.
 Cheesy

And Perry, for your point #2...it's always done so their is a callback to some past scene in the movie. Always happens, always will. *shrugs* AT least that way, the boys felt helpful. Wink  Cheesy

Cheesy Too true (on both comments)

I believe I get to see it again for a 4th time Wednesday!!

Dear lord, man. Save some for the DVD
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2017, 07:04:49 PM »

For me, the scene really rang untrue for how a man from 1916 would act. Being a spy nonwithstanding, I wouldn't believe any man would stand and not hide themself from a drop dead gorgeous woman.

Make the scene so he crashes back in the water and tells Diana she can't be in there, and Diana to question if he's embarassed of himself? Is he not like other men? Sure, that can be funny, but standing full monty and trying to explain was...uncomfortable to all. I agree, a clunker of a scene.

Excellent point, though I would like to think that most decent guys I know from 2017 would try to hide themselves as well.   Wink  Certainly, Trevor proved himself to be a decent guy on the boat trip to London and on which makes the scene inconsistent at best.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2017, 10:31:52 PM »

No, no. I don't hate him. I just don't think he is a great ... or an especially good actor. I have never enjoyed his acting in any movie other than Trek and that is only because I can enjoy him and relate to him as Kirk, as it kinda reminds me of how Shatner used to "act"  Cheesy I don't hate him or his acting (non)ability, but he is far down on my list of good actors is all. He is serviceable in some roles, but I would have liked someone else as Steve, but it didn't overly effect my enjoyment of the movie.

Roger all that. I don't blame you, I don't criticize you, nor do I wish to change your mind. I have many others whom I feel the exact same about.  Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2017, 02:25:28 AM »

Excellent point, though I would like to think that most decent guys I know from 2017 would try to hide themselves as well.   Wink  Certainly, Trevor proved himself to be a decent guy on the boat trip to London and on which makes the scene inconsistent at best.

'Most decent guys' in any decade would certainly hide themselves-a winning statement! No argument here!  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2017, 01:22:29 PM »

Just use the model "boy scout", Superman (the boy scout moniker used often for him though not entirely accurate), in Steve's place and then image Superman standing there doing and saying the same thing.

No.

He wouldn't it and neither should Steve.  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2017, 03:50:42 AM »

Still damned enjoyable after the 4th -and final!- theater viewing.

I love me some Wonder Woman.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2017, 09:09:52 AM »

I like what Ryan Reynolds said after he heard W.W beat out his Deadpool for top Box Office

"The Merc may be filthier, but her B.O is stronger"

Cheesy

I love that guy.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS