HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 06:56:47 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MISTER MIRACLE  (Read 14648 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 04:18:16 PM »

That first issue just makes you...hurt inside. And I believe in Scot's pain.

That second issue...has me in Scot's mindset...is this real? Did this all happen? and then, WAY TO GO BARDA!! lol

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 03:10:52 AM »

I'm ...usually speechless when I finish an issue.

Are they that good? Or is this so just...out there, that I can't believe it?

But through reading of issue 4, I'm glad that it's here!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 11:04:21 AM »

Fighting myself.

Have not read the last two issues. Trying to wait for the third ... but sooo hard

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2018, 03:44:23 AM »

By issue 8...

I have become...bored with this narrative. Most of you know how irritated I get with the continued re-use of repeated comic panels. I understand there is supposed to be a weight to the page of the same panel of Scot singing to his child, juxtaposed with the ludicriousness of war, but I find it to be overinflated self indulgent writing that pretends to have great weight and merit to it.

I'm not sure if I'm...loving it still. I'm going to finish it. Because I need NEED to know there is a payoff-a narrative that finishes this and wraps it up for me in an amazing manner.

There are many panels here where Scot is literally navel gazing. Ugh. Move onwards to...something. Make movement.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2018, 03:55:41 AM »

I’m with you Jimmy.  I lost interest but keep reading because I love the characters.  Like you I’m hoping for a payoff at some point.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2018, 01:21:27 PM »

Shocked

I am at a lost for words here.

I understand that this is more an artistic love for me and I guess I just don't get the ... irritation (? Is that the correct word?) that you guys feel for this title. I do understand what you both mean, I just don't see it that way.

But hey, again, we can't all dig the same thing. I know I am probably alone with my (current) distaste for Detective Comics for one example Smiley but for this, I am just sad it isn't hitting for you guys as much as it is for me.
 Undecided

Hope it gets better for you both

(and doesn't go South for me of course. Hahahahaha)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 03:30:20 PM »

Looks like that payoff is on it's way.  Solicit for Issue 10 image.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 06:52:49 PM »

Issue 9

OH MY GAWD!!!!  I AM SO GLAD I DIDN'T DROP THIS!!

CHILLS.  LITERALLY CHILLS WENT DOWN MY SPINE AND THROUGHOUT MY WHOLE BODY AT THE END OF THIS ISSUE!!

How did I NOT see that coming?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Wow.  I am speechless.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2018, 02:16:10 AM »

It was a heavy hitter moment, I won't lie about that Jeff!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS