HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:43:48 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So... I have a comic coming out.  (Read 28999 times)
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 08:17:50 PM »

I finished "Don't Save the Girl" last night.  Nice book Tok!  I really felt for the protagonist in the end. 

I initially thought...
Man - I thought he was an idiot for falling for that girl.  That's seriously messed up!  He really shouldn't have wasted his life trying to save THAT girl!

Anything else you working on?

Thank you so much for reading, Jeff!

Hope you like Olivio's art too. I can't spoil anything, but you may see him in the Big Two this year.

Yeah, I wanted to do a story about a "hero" with love addiction. He falls for a girl he's never even spoken to, who doesn't know he exists (with or without the mask), and is currently fine with the way her live is.

She doesn't have a "healthy" lifestyle, but she doesn't see herself as in danger either.

The title says it all. He needs to not save the girl and focus on his own problems with abandonment and reality.

I have another one-shot planned that's an all-ages book. It just needs coloring and lettering. Maybe later this year.

Thanks again, it means a lot.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 01:00:09 AM »

I bought it!

Now to make time to read it!

Jimmy T since 2001
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 10:31:53 PM »

I bought it!

Now to make time to read it!

Thank you, Jimmy!

Take your time, I'm happy enough when people buy it.  Grin

Seriously, thank you.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 11:07:45 AM »

I got your book this morning, buddy. I am sorry it took me so long, but what I was afraid of happening did happen. Your more than fair priced comic ended up costing me $20 as I just couldn't pass up the Iron Fist sale Comixology is running so I had to grab the 16 issue run that Fraction and Aja did on that title (and an annual and special).  Grin

Also, like our pal Jimmy, I now have to find the time for reading your book ... much less the Iron Fist issues  Cheesy Cheesy but I am more than happy that I finally fell to my perceived ... nay ... my chimerical HR peer pressure.
 Cheesy Wink

Seriously though, again, sorry it took me so long  Embarrassed

And hey, I don't see this publisher (Crowntaker) or any digital publishers on Comicbook Round-Up (a nice comic review site). Do you know if anyone has contacted them about making a digital only review section? Maybe you can get your publisher ... IE your book  Wink up in the reviews? Can you ask your publisher?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 02:09:12 AM »

Please don't apologize, Perry, I'm just happy to hear people are buying it. You have my thanks.

And hey, I don't see this publisher (Crowntaker) or any digital publishers on Comicbook Round-Up (a nice comic review site). Do you know if anyone has contacted them about making a digital only review section? Maybe you can get your publisher ... IE your book  Wink up in the reviews? Can you ask your publisher?

Good call, sir! I'll see what I can do. Thank you, again.
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 03:37:50 AM »

I got a follow-up book that's just been lettered. Once edited a little bit more it should be ready to go.

In the coming months I can let you know when it'll be available on Comixology. (yeah... it takes a while)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2018, 08:21:57 PM »

I got a follow-up book that's just been lettered. Once edited a little bit more it should be ready to go.

In the coming months I can let you know when it'll be available on Comixology. (yeah... it takes a while)

Awesome!  Can't wait to check it out!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2018, 12:36:54 AM »

Tokyo, I know I'm REALLY late in offering this, but congrats on the book(s)!  I just picked up Don't Save the Girl.  I'm excited to get home and read it!
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2018, 06:47:50 PM »

Good read, Tokyo!  It felt like it belonged in the Sin City universe.  Nice and gritty.  I was a little disappointed that
The Hero died at the end
, but it didn't take away from the experience.  Good stuff, sir!
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2018, 07:43:53 PM »

Awesome!  Can't wait to check it out!

Thanks, Jeff!
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2018, 07:48:07 PM »

Good read, Tokyo!  It felt like it belonged in the Sin City universe.  Nice and gritty.  I was a little disappointed that
The Hero died at the end

Thanks, Rich, and welcome back! It truly means a lot to get even one sale on it and to hear you liked it.

Who knows? Maybe the paramedics made it in time.
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2018, 06:36:50 PM »

The Hero died at the end

Thanks, Rich, and welcome back! It truly means a lot to get even one sale on it and to hear you liked it.

Who knows? Maybe the paramedics made it in time.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Ok, now we need a sequel.  Wink
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2018, 11:41:11 PM »

So this "other" project I was talking about was sent to a comic company weeks ago. They're still deciding if they'll put it out. (long story)

However, there is a third comic I'm doing that I hope to have a Kickstarter for sometime in August or September. It's a one-shot, but if the KS is successful there will be a second issue. I'll keep you guys posted.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2018, 11:55:41 AM »

Well best of luck, buddy.
Post the link
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2018, 03:44:02 PM »

Looking forward to seeing it!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS