HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 12:32:07 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TOP OF THE STACK 7/6/16  (Read 2500 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 05, 2016, 01:22:05 PM »

Okay, after a couple weeks off, the TotS is back!!! At least for me  Cheesy

I really hate labeling more than 2 titles as my "TOP" book, most anticipated read for the week, but this week ... I have no choice. I will put them in order, however, the order I am going to read them, so at least you will know which of my three most anticipated books I am mostly anticipating the most
 Cheesy Cheesy

1 - Future Quest #2 - Really want to know if this book kicks it into high gear this issue. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed issue #1, but you know how most issue #1's are ... they're great at times, but not always 100% strong. I want to see this title take me into the Herculoids more!!! Into Space Ghost more!!! Into all that stuff ... more!!!!
 Smiley

2 - Justice League Rebirth #1 - I don't need to explain why I am excited to read this book, right?
 Smiley

3 - The Fix #4 - One of the funniest books on the shelves today. Nick Spencer can make me grin with his Ant-Man title, can make me scratch my head with his Morning Glories title and can piss way too many people off way to strongly with his Captain America issue #1  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy but man, he really gets my belly hurting with this title. So damn funny. So damn good. Easily one of Image Comics strongest titles. And I am not alone in my thoughts on this, just check out some of the reviews for issue #1 HERE

If you're not reading this, you're missing out on some serious smiling
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 12:33:36 AM »

3 - The Fix #4 - One of the funniest books on the shelves today. Nick Spencer can make me grin with his Ant-Man title, can make me scratch my head with his Morning Glories title and can piss way too many people off way to strongly with his Captain America issue #1  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy but man, he really gets my belly hurting with this title. So damn funny. So damn good. Easily one of Image Comics strongest titles. And I am not alone in my thoughts on this, just check out some of the reviews for issue #1 HERE

If you're not reading this, you're missing out on some serious smiling
 Grin

Sounds like something I might like.  I'll add it to the wish list.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 03:51:01 AM »

I'm going with Justice League Rebirth 1 and Walking Dead 156.  I hear I need to read WD 156 before I get spoiled so it sounds like something I need to get ahead of.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS