HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:33:19 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader - June 22, 2016  (Read 6294 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 23, 2016, 12:46:12 AM »

Here's what I'm planning to read this week:

TRADES
Unity TPB Vol 4 The United
Unity TPB Vol 5 Homefront

Marvel Unlimited
Darth Vader 1
Darth Vader 2
Darth Vader 3
Darth Vader 4
Darth Vader 5
Darth Vader 6
Darth Vader 7
Darth Vader 8
Darth Vader 9
Darth Vader 10
Darth Vader 11
Darth Vader 12

Comixology
Invincible 127
Invincible 128
Low 13
FCBD 2016: Captain America
Earth 2 Society 11
Flash 51
Flash 52
Justice League 52
Rebirth: Wonder Woman 1
Rebirth: Flash 1
Rebirth: Detective Comics 935

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 03:35:20 AM »

Here's what I'm planning to read this week:

TRADES
Unity TPB Vol 4 The United
Unity TPB Vol 5 Homefront

Marvel Unlimited
Darth Vader 1
Darth Vader 2
Darth Vader 3
Darth Vader 4
Darth Vader 5
Darth Vader 6
Darth Vader 7
Darth Vader 8
Darth Vader 9
Darth Vader 10
Darth Vader 11
Darth Vader 12

Comixology
Invincible 127
Invincible 128
Low 13
Earth 2 Society 11
Flash 51
Flash 52
Justice League 52

Wonder Woman is off to a good start.  Flash 1 is hard to say.  It's hard to get past the art.  Detective is going to be a keeper for me to the foreseeable future.  The rest of the DC comics on my list are just me wrapping up what I was reading before.

Low 13 was good.  Feels like forever between issues for me though.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 02:46:31 PM »

Low 13 was good.  Feels like forever between issues for me though.

How is this story, really? I have tried to read this title (and by try I mean glanced through the first four pages or so  Cheesy) but the art is very distracting to me. Yes, me. The guy that usually loves that "odd art look". It is the only Remender comic I am not getting (I already have his next, "Seven to Eternity" on my list), but ... should it be? Should it be the only book I am not reading of his. Should I get this?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 11:32:44 PM »

Yes you should get it.  I wasn't a fan at first but by issue, oh 3 maybe, I was full onboard and loving it.  Lots of unexpected twists.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 01:48:31 AM »

I wasn't a fan at first ...

Art or story? Did you have an issue with one more than the other?

EDIT and issue 14 is out also, right?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 02:07:39 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 12:27:35 PM »

A bit of both.  If I remember right, I had just started Black Science and my first thought was that it was basically that under water.  But the art grew on me and is easier to follow than the art in BS.  And the journey under water has really grown into its own as well.  If you like BS (Black Science, of course, not Baloney Squat) then you should enjo Low.

Yes it is.  Image drops their prices by $2 after 30 days so I always wait a month to pick those up.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 01:31:34 PM »

A bit of both.  If I remember right, I had just started Black Science and my first thought was that it was basically that under water.  But the art grew on me and is easier to follow than the art in BS.  And the journey under water has really grown into its own as well.  If you like BS (Black Science, of course, not Baloney Squat) then you should enjo Low.

Okay, I can get that. But ... you are saying that I should stay away from Baloney Squat?
 Cheesy

Yes it is.  Image drops their prices by $2 after 30 days so I always wait a month to pick those up.

BINGO MY MAN !!!!!
 Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

And speaking of "should I read ..." type of stuff, heading over to post on Dream Police now  Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 03:15:55 AM »

Another week goes by, and reading for myself is slim pickens'.

That's just the way it goes. I'm actually trying to read a book!!! Hence my problem!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 12:23:49 PM »

That's just the way it goes. I'm actually trying to read a book!!! Hence my problem!

That may be it.

Anytime Jimmy is not excited about what DC is doing (especially when it is good) and running out buying every last scrap of Rebirth ... yeah ... somethings up  Undecided What's up with this one and not the other? Hell actually, I haven't even heard you talking much about DC at all during this. I mean not as much as I figured you would be. You under a wife laid gag-order or something, Jimbo?
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 03:18:33 PM »

Comixology
Invincible 127
Invincible 128
Low 13
Earth 2 Society 11
Flash 51
Flash 52
Justice League 52

Finshed off all my ComiXology reading for this week.  Man,  this arc in Invinible is really blowing my mind!

I'm almost done with the vol 4 Unity trade. I wansn'r sure Faith would fit into this team but I like the dynamic.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2016, 09:31:45 PM »

Man,  this arc in Invinible is really blowing my mind!

Man, I am sooooo behind on Invincible it is sad. I have all the HC's but think I am still on Vol 5 (Which is like issue 52 or so)
 Undecided Grin Sad

I'm almost done with the vol 4 Unity trade.

Unity was so good, until that last few issues (Though issue 24 ... or 25, I forget which now, was pretty damn funny)

And are you buying your Image books from Comixology or Image? If I may ask  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 12:21:42 PM »

ComiXology just to keep everything together.  The prices were the same so it didn't matter to me.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 02:19:42 PM »

ComiXology just to keep everything together.  The prices were the same so it didn't matter to me.

I got ya. I just love having the ability to share. But I am in a position where I borrow a lot as well, soooo
 Cheesy

But yeah, it makes perfect sense if you are not lending/borrowing to keep them all together. I was just curious.  Cool

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 06:06:25 PM »

I got ya. I just love having the ability to share. But I am in a position where I borrow a lot as well, soooo
 Cheesy

But yeah, it makes perfect sense if you are not lending/borrowing to keep them all together. I was just curious.  Cool

Oooo!  I never thought of that. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 11:24:57 PM »

Seriously, that "all in one place" does have advantages, though. Sure is easier to know where ya gotta go  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS