HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 11:43:54 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader - June 29, 2016  (Read 4776 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 29, 2016, 06:46:58 PM »

Here's what I'm planning to read this week  (and yes, it's all the things I didn't get to last week  Grin ):

TRADES
Unity TPB Vol 5 Homefront

Marvel Unlimited
Darth Vader 1
Darth Vader 2
Darth Vader 3
Darth Vader 4
Darth Vader 5
Darth Vader 6
Darth Vader 7
Darth Vader 8
Darth Vader 9
Darth Vader 10
Darth Vader 11
Darth Vader 12

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 01:08:12 AM »

Hmmm, small week for comics this week (5th Wednesday and all), so may try to tray/catch up on titles that have slipped past me or  that I never gave more than a glance to. Guess I may start again with:

Totally Awesome Hulk #1
Totally Awesome Hulk #2
Totally Awesome Hulk #3
Totally Awesome Hulk #4
Totally Awesome Hulk #5
Totally Awesome Hulk #6
Totally Awesome Hulk #7
Spider-Man/Deadpool #1
Spider-Man/Deadpool #2
Spider-Man/Deadpool #3
Spider-Man/Deadpool #4

(still thinking about that Deadpool movie I finally saw, I guess)
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 11:54:31 AM »

Update -

Totally Awesome Hulk #1
Totally Awesome Hulk #2
Totally Awesome Hulk #3
Totally Awesome Hulk #4
Totally Awesome Hulk #5
Totally Awesome Hulk #6

Totally Awesome Hulk #7
Spider-Man/Deadpool #1
Spider-Man/Deadpool #2
Spider-Man/Deadpool #3
Spider-Man/Deadpool #4

And jumped ahead, from those I listed, I also read -
Doctor Strange #9
Nighthawk #2
The Fix #3
Low #1
Low #2
Low #3
Low #4

Busy two days ... or ... really ... not busy at all as I was able to read a lot 
Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 12:02:52 PM »

TRADES

Marvel Unlimited
Darth Vader 1
Darth Vader 2
Darth Vader 3
Darth Vader 4
Darth Vader 5
Darth Vader 6
Darth Vader 7

Darth Vader 8
Darth Vader 9
Darth Vader 10
Darth Vader 11
Darth Vader 12

Enjoying Darth Vader a lot more this time around.  Pretty good book.

Low #1
Low #2
Low #3
Low #4

Why do you think of Low so far?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 01:43:24 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 02:28:12 PM »

Why do you think of Low so far?

I forced myself to get through issue one, where the art ... damn the art !!! It isn't bad, at all, but it is so damn "loose" that it is hard to see what things are at times (especially when you have "water" to deal with as well), but I made it through. I was left with the same feeling I had when I read it the first time ... "Nope!"  Cheesy, but knew you said it got better so I buckled in, cleaned my glasses ... that were stained with my tears from straining to see what the hell was going on in issue one  Cheesy ... and continued on to issue two.
 Grin

At issue two I found I was once again, shockingly  Wink, not enjoying this art at all, however, the story was a little better this time around. I liked the jump in time and it made me feel like "Okay, lets get this puppy going" and that is exactly what it did. I still struggled however, the story just wasn't strong enough to get me past the art. I had the first four issues though, so ya know, "carry on my little soldier!!"

Issue three felt very much like an old Flash Gordon comic to me and that was a good thing. Plus my eyes, once almost blind from the art, had now started to get accustomed to the loose, barely inked art., so add another point to issue three.

Issue four grabbed me. Got to be honest. I didn't see ... the thing that happened ... happening and that was good. I hated it, but I also liked it as it was a good road to take for this story. Plus, even though I did hate what happened, once I finished the issue and thought about it, it makes perfect sense for that character to do that.

So yeah, I ... eventually ... liked this title  Grin and will try to get some more issues soon, so thanks for the honesty. If you wouldn't have said you were not completely sold after two issues, I probably ... no, I would have never went back to this title. No way. So yeah, it is your fault that I will now be further behind my reading.
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 03:23:19 PM »

So yeah, I ... eventually ... liked this title  Grin and will try to get some more issues soon, so thanks for the honesty. If you wouldn't have said you were not completely sold after two issues, I probably ... no, I would have never went back to this title. No way. So yeah, it is your fault that I will now be further behind my reading.
 Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

That sounds about right for when I got hooked too.  The art doesn't really phase me anymore but like you, I almost ditched out early.  Glad I stayed with it.   Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 04:52:29 PM »

TRADES

Marvel Unlimited
Darth Vader 1
Darth Vader 2
Darth Vader 3
Darth Vader 4
Darth Vader 5
Darth Vader 6
Darth Vader 7
Darth Vader 8
Darth Vader 9
Darth Vader 10
Darth Vader 11
Darth Vader 12
Spider-Woman 1 (2015)
Angela 1 (2015)
Iron Fist: The Living Weapon 7
Thor 4 (2014)

Finished my list and have moved on to next issues in the MU.  Going to make some good progress thanks to the holiday.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 10:17:54 PM by Jeff » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 08:35:28 PM »

Superman 1
Green Arrow 1
Aquaman 1
Wonder Woman 1
Action Comics 958

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 11:48:13 PM »

More progress today:

All New X-Men 34
Spider-Woman 2
All New Invaders 13
All New X-Men Annual 1
Cyclops 8
Magneto 13
Angela: Asgards Assasin 2

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 05:01:35 AM »

And more:

Ant-Man 1
Iron Fist: The Living Weapon 8
Cyclops 9
All New X-Men 35
Loki: Agent of Asgard 10
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:31:03 AM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 01:03:14 PM »

I got sidetracked, like always  Grin, and didn't finish my intended list. I barely read anything over the past three or four days, but here is what I did get through -

Captain America #2
Uncanny Inhumans #6 (Way behind as I think issue #11 is out currently)
and
Back Issue #2 (Now this isn't really a comic, but it is comic related so ...  Cheesy)

and that is it
 Shocked

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS