HR Boards
March 19, 2024, 08:40:09 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SUPERWOMAN  (Read 14179 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2016, 05:25:57 PM »

Issue #3

Better than issue #2, yet still just a tad short of the powerful issue #1, this book makes me smile. It is really worth reading.

I'm not a Steel fan, but he works here.

Some cool reveals make this a title worthy of your time.

7 outta 10 hair cuts
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 01:00:20 AM »

Issue 3

Hee hee, it feels like mythology is being build, heavy and fast, and with importance and gravitas. I love the big thoughts and ideas of the heroines, heroics, and the city, as well as the small moments of the heroine about her heroics within the city.  Cool

Great world building, great cast strength (and I'm a huge Steel/John Henry fan), so I really enjoy this version of Lana Lang. Bring it on!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 07:17:33 PM »

I love how 'big' this story-telling is. I mean, it's this huge, epic, worldly event, and it's up to Superwoman and her crew to deal with it! No, bombastic barely begins to describe it, but hell, I love reading this title.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2017, 08:49:08 PM »

Good. I heard the last issue ... or two now (hell, how far behind am I?) left a bad taste in some mouths (no idea why as I was "No Spoiler" requesting the entire time  Cheesy) but glad it isn't really the case. At least not for everybody.
Another DC title I need to catch up on. (Like most all of them now)
 Embarrassed

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 03:10:43 AM »

And with issue #9, I'm done with the book.

It's not that it's a bad book, but the last 3 issues have been about if Lana can be a hero still, can she should will she get her powers back, and how can she be a hero like Superman it's so hard but I can because I'm strong of heart yadda yadda...

Okay, it sounds like I don't like the book. I've just fallen out of love with it. Glad I read the stuff with Phil!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 11:53:37 AM »

This is why I hate making my comments in the "Weekly Reader" thread. I always say, after I post my thoughts there, that I will come here (or to any of the opther threads that posts relating to the books should go) and discuss it further and I never do.
It is nothing against the Weekly thread, really, as it is my failure ... that I am trying to push the blame on that thread is something that you guys should not take notice or regard.
 Cheesy

So I should have posted this before, here, but yes, I agree, Jimmy.  Grin

I stopped reading shortly after Jimenez(sp?) left. I was not enjoying it and I didn't understand why. I really liked this comic before, how did it slip so badly? But then I happened to notice that Phil was no longer credited as writer for the book I was reading ... and he hadn't for the last 2 or 3 issues ... and that is when I decided that yes, this book was no longer fun for me and it wasn't, this time, just me. Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 12:30:30 PM »

Man, Perry, that's a lot of guilt. You carried that for a long time, and I'm glad to see you finally tell someone. Now how does that make you feel? Just lay down on the couch and tell Dr. T all about it.
 Cool Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 12:41:54 PM »

Thanks
Well it all started when I walked in ...
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 05:31:10 PM »

So if I'm hearing you right, I should keep the Phil issues in my wish list and buy them when I get around to it but don't get anything past that.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2017, 09:38:00 PM »

Yep Smiley

But only when you have lots of money ... not a must buy  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS