HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:14:40 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TITANS - REBIRTH  (Read 24684 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2018, 03:51:58 AM »

Who's still reading this? Loved Troia but fail to see why the Titans are bowing to their mentors' wish to disband.

I’m still reading but a few issues behind.  Hoping to get caught up this week.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2018, 04:06:48 PM »

Another "new" start with issue #23

Titans #23
Written by DAN ABNETT
Art by BRANDON PETERSON
Cover by RYAN SOOK and BRANDON PETERSON
Variant cover by STJEPAN SEJIC
Can anything stop the Metagene pandemic unleashed through the events of JUSTICE LEAGUE: NO JUSTICE? The all-new Titans are on the case. Roll call: Nightwing, Donna Troy, Raven, Steel, Beast Boy and Miss Martian! But can even their combined might stand against new super-powered weapons of mass destruction birthed by the Metagenes? And (SPOILERS) how will the events of TEEN TITANS #20 come back to haunt the Titans? New enemies are out for blood in part one of “The Spark.”
ON SALE 07.18.18

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2018, 03:40:06 PM »

Roll call: Nightwing, Donna Troy, Raven, Steel, Beast Boy and Miss Martian!

Any thoughts on this lineup?  I think I like it but still would like to have had Starfire, Wally West Flash, or Arsenal on the team.  Maybe Starfire instead of Miss Martian?   Undecided

I doubt it will compare to THIS Titans #23.   Grin

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 03:42:12 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2018, 04:53:46 PM »

Issue 23

And I'm out.  Whew that was not good.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2018, 05:50:43 PM »

Haha,
They actually had me for the first part of the book, but then rapidly lost me with Miss Steel, Miss Martian
(Oh and did you hear what DC may be doing with the Martians?
Making them bad guys now
!!!)

Again, maybe, but having read Titans 23 and No Justice ... I can see it. I kinda like it I guess, It is not
like Martian Manhunter
is on too many people's "Favorite character" list so why not? Oh yeah, kills all of history, but ...
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2018, 05:52:16 PM »

Haha,
They actually had me for the first part of the book, but then rapidly lost me with Miss Steel, Miss Martian
(Oh and did you hear what DC may be doing with the Martians?
Making them bad guys now
!!!)

Again, maybe, but having read Titans 23 and No Justice ... I can see it. I kinda like it I guess, It is not
like Martian Manhunter
is on too many people's "Favorite character" list so why not? Oh yeah, kills all of history, but ...
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

OMG - ugh!  Even more reason to bail out!!

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2018, 10:49:20 PM »

Yeah, I'm enjoying Titan guest appearance more than their regular series.
Both Titans and Teen Titans suck ass right now!
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2019, 12:50:30 AM »

And DC just announced Titans is getting canned  AGAIN with issue 36.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2019, 02:02:33 AM »

And DC just announced Titans is getting canned  AGAIN with issue 36.

I’m not surprised.  Abnett was doing a terrible job with them.  Plus with what they’re doing in Heroes in Crisis it’s clear Didio won’t let them return to the great characters they used to be.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2019, 01:14:18 PM »

Some times I feel DC (okay, I totally feel) DC doesn't know how to approach this team together. Once upon a time, how cool was it to see all the sidekicks collected together in one place? To share how their lives are; and to grow into young adults without overbearing parents?

To me, that meta analysis is why they proved so successful; because these young people got to grow and expand so much. Hence, why I feel every other attempt at Teen Titans seems to do fairly well for a while.

But what about the original Titans? They've all almost served on the Justice League (sorry Gar, Raven), so it's not like they are playing pretend when they get together. Is it enough to watch them in their young, rambling lives of being millenials? (gotta update their age for current period). ARe they taking care of past mistakes? Are they going to be the rallying cry for the future, in stating THIS is how their era of running the League will be?

I don't know.

And apparently DC doesn't know either.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS