HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:59:49 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TITANS - REBIRTH  (Read 24686 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2016, 01:59:28 PM »

Dammit Perry, now it's all I see~

Booth's damned panelling.!

Cheesy Sorry, buddy.

ISSUE #4

(With possible slight spoilers outside of the spoiler banner) !!!!

Ya know, maybe I am just over the whole"flash" thing in general? during the first part of this issue I kept asking myself,
how can the fastest man alive, or in this case a version of him  Grin, not be able to just grab a magician? When Abra Kadabra kept jumping from one said of the roof to the other, I just kept saying to myself "Can't Wally grab him in time?" Now, I say that now as a true question. Are the Flashs' susceptible to magic in the manner? Does the speed force not work when a wizard type of bad guy uses spells or the like?

I only ask because at the end of the issue it sure seemed like Wally had no fear of that being an issue?

I don't know, that bugged me is all. The panel structure still doesn't help, but ... look, if this was Quicksilver or some other fast but nowhere near as Flash-Fast speedster, this would be easier to understand, but when your hero's power is SUPER speed? Like faster than light speed??

Still not a fan of Abnett's dialog here either, so I think I am done for now. Sadly. I so wanted to enjoy this.

5 outta 10 - average comic scores for average comic speed.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2016, 05:28:38 PM »

At the very least I'm going to get the next issue to see how this arc ends.  And I'll give Abnett one more arc in hopes it gets better.

Like Titans Hunt, this villain is lame. And I think, like Perry, he should be easier to beat.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 03:10:53 AM »

Issue #4

Okay stuff. But nothing that is making me a Titans fan. I mean, it's a good plan of Kadabra to ruin and end Wally, and for that I enjoy the title, but I have no real affection to the title as a whole.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2016, 03:05:06 PM »

Issue #5

What can I say? I liked this more than any other issue and I think it is purely because of what I just learned (see my latest post in the "Flash thread"  Wink)

This book still has problems, but the panel layout, that usually distracting panel layout, didn't bother me as much this issue as I think it was used to better effect. It actually guided us through this time instead of being a jarring "LOOK HOW DIFFERENT I AM!" look.

The writing also seemed a tad better here than in past issues, but it couldn't have been too different than before so I am not sure what that means.
 Grin

I am also still not a fan of this villain, but I can respect Abnett's reasoning for using him, the history, but man will I be glad to move on.

Also, is that tattoo that Roy has on his left (?) arm the same one that Gen13's Grunge has on his chest? It looked familiar in that one panel, though all you can see is the wings. I haven't gone back to check for a better view, but ... if DC plans to incorporate the Wildstorm Universe a little less overtly this time around, this could be a clue to something. Or ... or it is nothing at all.
 Cheesy

Haha, but yes, getting back to it, this is still a better issue than those that have gone before it, regardless of the reasons why.

7 outta 10 - things that pique my interest
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2017, 11:39:35 AM »

Issue #6

Aaaaand I'm done.

No, I know I will try one more issue, but this is just ... bland ass story telling.

And those damn panels !!!!!!
 Angry Angry Angry

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2017, 03:38:57 AM »

Right, Perry?

It's just bland. Although the
dream sequence Speedforce convo with Linda of old almost really did seal the deal with me for really enjoying this book.

I think for me, it's more that I don't believe that these characters are great, long standing friends. Sure, we've been told it, and we've seen the words said stating the fact, but I don't believe it.

Perhaps it's Booth. He lacks a certain...compassion with his pencils, I think. All I can see is his exaggerated expressions, and they look the same on each character to me. I've always kind of thought his pencils were all...'flash' and no depth, tbh.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2017, 03:12:54 PM »

Ok.  You've finally convinced me.  I've only bought and read up to issue 4.  No sense spending money on something I won't enjoy when there are so many others I love that I haven't bought yet.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 07:08:15 PM »

I had to read issue 7. It's the original Superman that actually remembers all of Wally West's 'real' life. So, I had to get it for that. And Lee Weeks on art! Cool to see him about and around!

But I think I'm just going to pass on this title now. It just doesn't do...enough for me.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 08:51:45 PM »

Yep, Lee Weeks was the reason I was going to throw all my feelings aside and try this once again.
Wish I wouldn't have read your post now all of a sudden however ...
 Cheesy
Just kidding. I will still try and wipe the slate clean and try the issue, but doesn't sound like I will be back for long.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2017, 03:51:28 PM »

I see that two...two?..two issues have come out since I stopped picking this up.

I don't miss it at all.

Nuts.  Embarrassed

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2017, 12:44:30 PM »

I read up through Lazarus Contract.  It did get better with the Fearsome Five arc and the Superman/Flash reunion.  However the Lazarus Contract lost me as a reader for this book.

It was always just on the verge of being good but never makes it across.  If they ever start to explain what happened to Wally I might come back but for now it's off the list.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2017, 12:56:10 PM »

If they ever start to explain what happened to Wally I might come back but for now it's off the list.

And that's the only reason I was reading it in the first place.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2017, 01:16:01 PM »

If they ever get rid of Brett Booth I will gladly give it another try (see Aquaman)  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2017, 02:02:51 PM »

If they ever start to explain what happened to Wally I might come back but for now it's off the list.

And that's the only reason I was reading it in the first place.

Yeah Jimmy, same here.   Undecided

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2018, 01:46:03 AM »

Who's still reading this? Loved Troia but fail to see why the Titans are bowing to their mentors' wish to disband.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS