HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:10:41 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Justice League Dark  (Read 6502 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 21, 2018, 10:26:41 PM »

Going to go ahead and get this started.  Dark comes out next month!

Justice League Dark (2018-) #1
From the pages of JUSTICE LEAGUE: NO JUSTICE! Earth’s magic once belonged to them. Now they want the magic back. But who exactly are they? It’s up to the new Justice League Dark to find out and stop this nightmarish new threat at all costs! After the events of NO JUSTICE, team leader Wonder Woman guides the misfit magic mix of Zatanna, Swamp Thing, Man-Bat and Detective Chimp against enemies too fantastic even for the Justice League. Plus, what awful things are coming through the Tree of Wonder? Dark days ahead...

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 03:00:49 PM »

I'm usually not big on the mystical genre but I am super excited to see Diana lead a team. I'm committing to at least the first arc.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 03:05:52 PM »

Me too on getting the first arc.  I like the cast and can see this being a sleeper hit.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 03:09:35 PM »

Cover for issue #2 - Doctor Fate!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 03:14:39 PM by Jeff » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 03:38:08 PM »

I'm going to be all over this series.

Thanks to my boy Sejic being the artist, I have to, unfortunately, try the sister title JL Odyssey as well ... even though I have no interest in the damn thing, but this title, Dark, I have been super excited for since day one of the announcement.

That image you posted for issue #2 sure isn't hurting my desire to read this title either.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 08:03:08 PM »

There is already a crossover in the works as they battle Hecate.

https://www.newsarama.com/40905-wonder-woman-and-justice-league-dark-crossover-event-the-witching-hour-this-fall.html

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 08:45:08 AM »

Jesus, the first issue isn't even out yet and already they want people to buy 3 OTHER comics to read about this team?

This is the kind of stuff that, if Marvel had done it, people would already be boycotting the damn thing  Undecided Especially when it starts AND ends in a 48 page (lots more money) comic

All we need now is for DC to decide to split this four part mini into four, four part minis like they did with Where In The World Is Wolverine'Diego"
 Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 12:14:54 AM »

Jesus, the first issue isn't even out yet and already they want people to buy 3 OTHER comics to read about this team?

This is the kind of stuff that, if Marvel had done it, people would already be boycotting the damn thing  Undecided Especially when it starts AND ends in a 48 page (lots more money) comic

All we need now is for DC to decide to split this four part mini into four, four part minis like they did with Where In The World Is Wolverine'Diego"
 Cheesy Cheesy

and each four-four part issue with have 16-32 variant covers and the latest "blank" cover too.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 01:42:28 AM »

A winner!

Issue 1

Really good issue.  The cast is fun and the mystery engaging.  Going to be a great ride.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 10:50:04 PM »

Absolutely LOVED the first issue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS