HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:04:06 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DETECTIVE COMICS - REBIRTH  (Read 14978 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 03:33:31 AM »

When do I pull the trigger on the comixology sale and buy the four trades of Detective at 50% off each?!

Probably when I know how bad it's going to be for finances after the birth. nutz

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2018, 10:20:30 AM »

Well, good news/bad news for Detective Comics -

Bad - Tynion is off the book soon.
Sad

Good - The writer of the current Wildstorm mini "Michael Cray" (which I have loved ... not the art but the writing), Bryan Hill, will be heading in to take over the writing duties.
 Cool

More Good - Detective may be turning into a "duo" book, with Batman and (insert here here) becoming the monthly format. Again ... maybe. The first issue of the new creative has Batman teaming with Black Lightning, so perhaps it will be like a Marvel Team-Up or the old Brave and the Bold style book going forward. If this is so, not only am I more excited for the book (as I love revolving team-up books), Jeff should be happy as he can keep Detective here, in the DC Team Books Thread.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2018, 02:38:45 PM »

Well, good news/bad news for Detective Comics -

Bad - Tynion is off the book soon.
Sad

Good - The writer of the current Wildstorm mini "Michael Cray" (which I have loved ... not the art but the writing), Bryan Hill, will be heading in to take over the writing duties.
 Cool

More Good - Detective may be turning into a "duo" book, with Batman and (insert here here) becoming the monthly format. Again ... maybe. The first issue of the new creative has Batman teaming with Black Lightning, so perhaps it will be like a Marvel Team-Up or the old Brave and the Bold style book going forward. If this is so, not only am I more excited for the book (as I love revolving team-up books), Jeff should be happy as he can keep Detective here, in the DC Team Books Thread.
 Grin

It would be cool if they did what they used to and have two or three different stories in the book with different leads.  Batman story, The Question story, Detective Chimp......

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 12:22:24 AM »

I think this is going to be more of a team thing, at least the first issue. Maybe not, but that is the way it was described to me, Batman AND Black Lightning.

I am not sure that will continue or not after this first issue though. Could go back to the Bat-Family or heck, be the way you want it to be as well. I'm clueless.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 09:21:54 PM »

Issue 982 was a decent one shot story to bridge the gap between team changes.  Next issue starts the new Detective team of Batman, Black Lightning, the Signal, and Cassandra Cain.

It's also the perfect time to jump on...or drop off.  I have no interest in the Signal whatsoever.  Decisions, decisions....

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 09:30:23 PM »

I'm gonna try ONLY because I liked what this writer did on ... crap ... I forgot.
Gotta go check now ...

Oh yeah, his work on Michael Cray (Wildstorm) has been pretty fun. Having Cray kill off an alternate timeline version of DC's supers.

I have to try the first issue, at least, even though like you, I feel the Signal is "blah"

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 10:15:25 PM »

In that case, I'll hold off until you read it and see what you think.  No pressure.  Grin

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS