HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 11:42:14 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - June 8, 2016  (Read 3681 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 06, 2016, 10:16:38 PM »

Starting this thread early since MU comes out on Monday's.

Building up for next month's shipment from DCBS...      
Justice League #50      
Black Science TP Vol 04 Godworld       
Ninjak TP Vol 03 Operation Deadside      

Added to Marvel Unlimited Library (released Monday, June 6)

Hawkeye #2
All New Inhumans #1
All New X-Men #1
All New, All Different Avengers #1
Dare Devil #1
Guardians of Infinity #1
Invincible Iron Man #4
Star Wars #13
Vision #2

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 01:30:27 AM »

Vision #2

Maaaan, when this series kicks off it goes ballistic. Either this issue or next ... that ending ... my face .... OMG!!!!  Shocked

Smiley

EDIT - And I still like Uncanny Inhumans more than All New, even though I like the art and the idea better in All-New. Odd, that.

Guardians of Infinity I couldn't past two issues. Even though it is written by Abbnett, it is not very good  Undecided
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:33:07 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 12:41:56 PM »

Guardians of Infinity I couldn't past two issues. Even though it is written by Abbnett, it is not very good  Undecided

That's interesting.  His Titans Hunt wasn't very good either.  Is he nothing without Lanning?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 03:11:27 PM »

That's interesting.  His Titans Hunt wasn't very good either.  Is he nothing without Lanning?

Undecided
Starting to worry.

His recent Hercules was okay, as in it was fine, though nothing fantastic (I think i enjoyed it because it was Herc more than anything else) and his less than recent Guardians 3000 was also pretty ... okay (though that Sandoval art kinda hindered that book for me).
Just not a lot of "Wow" coming from him, that I am aware of. But then again, that last thing I can remember both he and Lanning working on was that Hypernaturals (over at Boom ... like a LoSH book in a way) and that didn't get much love from me either so ...

Just hoping the old flame kicks back in with his Titans and Aquaman Rebirth series'. Especially the Titans. Man I want that book to be good again. Aquaman I want to be good, but if one is gonna falter, I hope it isn't the Titans.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 04:28:58 PM »

I totally agree.  I really want that Titans book to be good.  I am starting to worry about Abnett.  I have always loved his work so it's a little disjarring to see him not on top of his game.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 02:56:51 AM »

I'm hoping to get me some Rebirth titles this Saturday if the Son is cooperative with a drive and dinner.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 03:10:14 AM »

I'm hoping to get me some Rebirth titles this Saturday if the Son is cooperative with a drive and dinner.

Hurry. I need Superman help  Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 03:27:28 AM »

Wasn't able to go. Baby was sleeping longer (NEVER WAKE SLEEPING BABY) so I missed lunch and a chance to go to the LCS. Next week, then....

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 01:06:40 PM »

Just gonna cost you more, my man (Seemingly I mean)

If you go earlier than Wednesday, the you will only be paying for 3 or 4 ... or 8 comics, but if you go after yet another Wednesday has passed you by, god only knows the ramifications to your wallet. Or your mind, if you gain control over your wallet and don't spend the money and are then left wondering.

(Or just read the ones there you are not going to buy I suppose)  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS